Off Off Topic: Cool Toronto People's Thread

Nice. Good location for you literally next to the subway entrance.

Time to shop for a compact A/C unit

Oh yes right across the street from the subway. Forgot about that

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• serge

• Babying

• FCP Bob

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As you may or may not know, Otto has a disability (Autism). He has cope with it very well and imo has made great strides in his development. We (my wife and I) went through alot during his primary s

At the beginning of all of these revelations, Ford's allies and councillors tried to sit down with him privately, and urge him to look out for himself, to get help, and to come back stronger than ever

Heavy Rescue Squad 331. Beaten up, soaked, and with bellies full of smoke. Best job in the world.  

huh, I was just down the street last week. Magic Oven pizzeria.

GL Zach, glad to hear you found a place that works for you.

I walked by there and it looked closed. Maybe it was an old location or something.

Nice. Good location for you literally next to the subway entrance.

Time to shop for a compact A/C unit

Yeah, it was hot in there. I will need an A/C unit for the summer. I had one at my old place, think I left it in the basement. Hopefully it'll still be there. Lol

to compare what is out there to rent but in a different location out here in Scarberia which isn't as good for Zach

31st floor studio in one of the buildings that make up my complex

downside really small. Upside new which means central air and an ensuite washer and dryer plus all the usual condo things like a gym etc.

https://www.realtor....-M1P0A9-Bendale

to compare what is out there to rent but in a different location out here in Scarberia which isn't as good for Zach

31st floor studio in one of the buildings that make up my complex

downside really small. Upside new which means central air and an ensuite washer and dryer plus all the usual condo things like a gym etc.

https://www.realtor....-M1P0A9-Bendale

$1,100. I have been quoted that if I wanted to rent out my basement

I went to magic oven once when it was on broadview. Had to hit the toilet right away and never went back

doesnt that happen to you every time you at McDonalds? You keep going back there! :)

Only been a few times, go with friends of ours who eat very healthy.

Really enjoyed it, very healthy options, but not cheap.

I think it moved locations, this time was at a different location a little East of the old one. That means your near Mr.Pide. Not bad, fan of pide, but not a huge fan of that place in particular.

If nothing else, you have a crazy amount of food choices.

You guys get a snow storm or something tonight? Flight is almost 2 hrs delayed. I'm tired as hell and won't get home til like 3. :(

a bit of snow but some other areas of the north east hit a lot worse

what you have to remember with airlines is that bad weather in one place can cause delays in two other places where the weather is good

You guys get a snow storm or something tonight? Flight is almost 2 hrs delayed. I'm tired as hell and won't get home til like 3. :(

Happens all the time. I got screw huge flying back from Vegas. Stuck in Chicago for 2 days because United forgot about my family.

No clothes, no toothbrush, nothing. Had to charge everything on my Visa and it cost me huge.

Count yourself lucky.

All night. Both the Lawrence bus and the Eglinton bus. 30 minute headway on each. Pretty good. GO bus to Yorkdale (and beyond) seems to run all night too but it's useless for me with the subway down for the night. It's hourly outside of peak.

As much as I would have rather taken the 15-minute GO bus plus 2 subway stops home, the upside to the TTC at this hour is all buses are basically express buses. Plus my marginal cost is zero instead of $5.69.

Wayne (and others) - a lot of credit cards have 'trip interruption' insurance built-in. Basically any type of travel card (including some free ones) and any premium cards will have it, and all you have to do to qualify is to have booked your trip on that card. Usually you can get up to $1,000 in expenses reimbursed if there are significant delays in your trip. It's a pretty minor perk, but can come in handy for families, especially to drop the stress if you're not sure how long the delay is.

Speaking of United and crap - I can't understand how they get away with all the flight changes. My wife booked some flights in January for April. They have changed 5 times since she has booked, including adding another stopover, leaving two hours earlier and getting home later. How the hell is that the same flight/cost?

If you can avoid Chicago in the Winter when flying do it. Probably the worst airport for Winter delays for many reasons.

It was June and they had severe thunderstorms.

I was trying to keep my family together with no clothes. My kids would have been 14, 6 and 3.

Sucks Wayne. That 'act of god' clause is such a load of crap. Half the reason any of us carry insurance, and they wipe away the need to pay claims with a purposely vague clause.

Yes act of god is crap. However I remember when we went to Florida about 7 years ago. A very good friend of mine owns a home South of Tampa. I am not a freeloader and he always told me that I can use his place whenever we wanted too. I never did. He then told my wife and boom we are going to his home. We have only used it once.

Anyways we flew out of Buffalo to Tampa. Had to connect at New York. There was again severe thunderstorms and we were stuck on the runway for just under 5 hours. Luckily we were able to take off. Fast forward 5 days latter, I get an email saying our whole trip was comp because of the delay.

Next year we went to Orlando.

What do you guys know about the cable reforms coming? I heard March 1? Some sort of "skinny" basic cable package? A la carte channels? Is that happening?

nobody has released details of what they will be offering

New CRTC regs mean that they must offer a limited basic package for a reasonable price and then make everything available on a pick and pay basis. That doesn't limit them in offering packages however.

It will be very interesting to see what they include in the basic package and how much things like TSN and Sportsnet will cost on their own if not included in the basic.

nobody has released details of what they will be offering

New CRTC regs mean that they must offer a limited basic package for a reasonable price and then make everything available on a pick and pay basis. That doesn't limit them in offering packages however.

It will be very interesting to see what they include in the basic package and how much things like TSN and Sportsnet will cost on their own if not included in the basic.

It would tilt me so much going to a family members house and they don't have TSN