Off Topic, Kinda.....

I dont like the two games at once business for the 3rd games..but I understand why its done..However I am sure with technology the way it is, the players will know right away the score in the other game..

Netherlands vs Chile should be a great game today..While both clinched a spot in next round, winner should avoid Brazil

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some lighthearted talk here plus this will make sure that I can read this again sometime as it's a good story, at least for me. If it wasnt for posting all those apartment stories I would forget almos

I debated posting this, because I might be overdoing this topic this week, but I made a sort of personal promise to myself that I am going to promote more positivity and try to never be negative or pu

Danny.... Thats a great attitude to have, and you will be amazed at the progress Owen can make with that kind of attitude and persistence on your part. On Feb 4, 2003, the diagnosis I got was that

Too South America, too hot for the Euro teams.

Italy had no legs at all.

They will cry about bad calls, but they didn't deserve to be a final 16 with that kind of play.

Im curious to see if we are seeing the end of European dominance in futbol, or if its just a recent cycle, combined with this WC being in South America.

Too South America, too hot for the Euro teams.

Italy had no legs at all.

They will cry about bad calls, but they didn't deserve to be a final 16 with that kind of play.

Im curious to see if we are seeing the end of European dominance in futbol, or if its just a recent cycle, combined with this WC being in South America.

I still think France or Germany win.

I think its a lock that Chile or Colombia go to the final and lose, since I bet on them to win it all at 40-1.

Or they actually win the final, so I can just whine about only having bet $5.

Chile right now is 25-1? If they beat Brazil, that number probably drops like a rock to like 8-1. Seems like a good bet to me.

I think its a lock that Chile or Colombia go to the final and lose, since I bet on them to win it all at 40-1.

Or they actually win the final, so I can just whine about only having bet $5.

Chile right now is 25-1? If they beat Brazil, that number probably drops like a rock to like 8-1. Seems like a good bet to me.

urm, i'm guessing they'll be way more than 3:1 to beat Brazil, no? I know you love futures, so just bet on the game, then parlay it into a futures bet? (Though if they beat Brazil, I'm guessing they'll be less than 8-1 anyway).

I might be crazy but I really like Mexico.

Mexico/Netherlands winner could go far

I think just about anyone who makes the 2nd round could go far.....or lose their first game.

It feels like the Greeks always get a good draw....in the group stages, and now if they hold on, they get Costa Rica in next round, while other 2nd placer Chile gets Brazil.

He didn't.

The defender lunged towards the striker, and clipped his kicking leg as he was bringing it back down towards the ball for the shot, which sent off balance, of course, and got his legs twisted up (ie, when he basically booted his own heel).

He didn't.

The defender lunged towards the striker, and clipped his kicking leg as he was bringing it back down towards the ball for the shot, which sent off balance, of course, and got his legs twisted up (ie, when he basically booted his own heel).

a buddy of mine who is Greek said it was close and in his opinion not a foul

Yeah, I just don't know what the threshold is in soccer, since I don't watch it enough.

He definitely caused him to fall over, and in doing so cost the Greeks a wonderful scoring chance from within the area.

Yeah, I just don't know what the threshold is in soccer, since I don't watch it enough.

He definitely caused him to fall over, and in doing so cost the Greeks a wonderful scoring chance from within the area.

You just stated that it was a foul because the defender lunged at him?

I was on the Danforth just now and saw a client getting food too. She (big soccer fan and German) said it was not a foul.

I didn't say anything was a foul, all I did was describe the play.

Like I said, I don't know what the threshold is, but he certainly impeded his ability to get a shot off, and he didn't do it by touching the soccer ball in any way.

First replay showed that Samaras actually fell because he clipped his own heel.

2nd replay showed that after the defender lunged to a spot, Samaras clipped his leg.

(this is how I recall it and I was watching it at the office at the time, havent seen anything more conclusive since)

I watch some soccer, but not a ton. But imo, thats an iffy call, and I've seen it go either way, but usually not a penalty.

Either way, its just the Greek way. Just lucky as all hell.

He fell because he clipped his heel.

He clipped his heel because the defender got in his way (for lack of a better term) while attempting to tackle or reach for the ball.

Iffy makes sense.

He didn't.

Did you not say that?

I didn't say I thought it was a foul. That's what I'm asking. I don't know.

I guess I'd lean towards it being a foul, if my assumption of the rule is correct but having no real precedent to pull from, I had no idea.