Off Topic, Kinda.....

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some lighthearted talk here plus this will make sure that I can read this again sometime as it's a good story, at least for me. If it wasnt for posting all those apartment stories I would forget almos

I debated posting this, because I might be overdoing this topic this week, but I made a sort of personal promise to myself that I am going to promote more positivity and try to never be negative or pu

Danny.... Thats a great attitude to have, and you will be amazed at the progress Owen can make with that kind of attitude and persistence on your part. On Feb 4, 2003, the diagnosis I got was that

Chris, do you have a link to the tutorial you use to jailbreak your appletv?

I would like to know this as well..But I believe the newer one, is not able to be jailbroken.

not anymore. And who the hell still uses a receiver? Apple TV. (I should be getting commission)

For those who have crappy rogers, do you need a separate receiver for each one if I want to watch in HD on each one? Sorry I really would like to know and don't know the answer.

For those who have crappy rogers, do you need a separate receiver for each one if I want to watch in HD on each one? Sorry I really would like to know and don't know the answer.

from what I know:

You do if you want each one to be able to watch a different program. My friend who was wiring it for me decided to also run HDMI throughout, so with the 3 tv's I will have going in the basement, they can all be tuned in to the same HD picture based off of just 1 HDBox receiver, in case I dont bother to have seperate receivers/boxes/chromecast stuff for each tv.

I dont really know much about apple tv, I still havent been able to get my mind around how I watch live sports on that.

Thanks Arp.

Looks like I'll have to get separate receivers then, since the whole point of getting more TVs is so I can watch multiple games at the same time.

I don't think I'll need the expensive PVR receiver tho, I have one already. I'll just need the crappiest HD one for each tv.

Thanks Arp.

Looks like I'll have to get separate receivers then, since the whole point of getting more TVs is so I can watch multiple games at the same time.

I don't think I'll need the expensive PVR receiver tho, I have one already. I'll just need the crappiest HD one for each tv.

Ya, that is probably how I am going to have to proceed as well. I keep reading about different types of boxes (apple/android), but I haven't been able to figure out anything that works for the stuff I want most, ie live sports.

Thanks Arp.

I have 3 different types of receivers in the house if that helps..

One is the super high tech Next Box 3..PVR, record 8 shows at once in HD (this is AWESOME by the way) previously recording only 2 shows or watching one and recording one wasnt cutting it..

I also have a HD receiver NON pvr...Then I have a basic digital box...

Then I have a basic digital box...

You mean non-HD?

Last year/so I asked Rogers for the non-HD box as part of my bundle (didnt need HD, SD box was cheaper) and part of the install of some wiring was bringing me this box. Guy drops it off, I hook it up to the SD tv, alls fine.

I see later that its actually HD compatible, and the HDMI port is right there, its just blocked off with a sticker! lol. So once we got a 2nd HD tv, I suddenly had the HD box. lol

You mean non-HD?

Last year/so I asked Rogers for the non-HD box as part of my bundle (didnt need HD, SD box was cheaper) and part of the install of some wiring was bringing me this box. Guy drops it off, I hook it up to the SD tv, alls fine.

I see later that its actually HD compatible, and the HDMI port is right there, its just blocked off with a sticker! lol. So once we got a 2nd HD tv, I suddenly had the HD box. lol

Ya its NON HD for a smaller tv for the kids to watch..I am not sure about the HDMI , ill check

You mean non-HD?

Wow. I want this

Ya its NON HD for a smaller tv for the kids to watch..I am not sure about the HDMI , ill check

Do you rent each receiver or did you buy it? And if you bought it, how much if you don't mind

Me asking

Do you rent each receiver or did you buy it? And if you bought it, how much if you don't mind

Me asking

All are rentals...I never buy...Maybe its better to buy but, I have had several times where the box has had an issue, they just replace it no questions asked..

Also they replace my remotes after a bad leafs game incident.

Biatch...They have a pretty decent rent-to-buy now, where its actually cheaper to rent to own. I did it for my parents, seemed worth it for them. I'll probably do the same soon myself, Ill be calling them soon to try to get as much as I can for my next negotiation once I have all my needs figured out.

Might go phone with them too, anyone have any experiences with them, good or bad?

Yeah I agree. I used to own my box instead of renting. It broke like a year ago and they wouldn't replace it bc I owned it and it was the past warranty. I bitched to their call centre and said I have my internet cell and tv and want to cancel. Now I got the best HD pvr box and rent it, and I get the rental free every month as a good will gesture.

Plus I sold my broken HD box on kajiji for $200. Pretty sick.

Biatch...They have a pretty decent rent-to-buy now, where its actually cheaper to rent to own. I did it for my parents, seemed worth it for them. I'll probably do the same soon myself, Ill be calling them soon to try to get as much as I can for my next negotiation once I have all my needs figured out.

Might go phone with them too, anyone have any experiences with them, good or bad?

They're my cell provider. It's not the cheapest but I find I get service pretty much anywhere. Sometimes I go hiking on the weekends and it's way in the boones. My friends with Telus don't get service on their cell but I do. Maybe that's Rogers, I dunno.

If you are calling Rogers and negotiating with them, tell them they saved money by not bringing in Price or Lester..So they should give you a break.

Here you go:

This is for ATV2 You can also jailbreak ATV1 but not ATV3.

Also, there are great android gizmos on the market now too for under 100

Just remember what Toronto got for Bosh or Vince. What a steal.

eh, I think Love is much better than both of those guys, and if they truly have Love signed for another 5yrs after next year, its probably the right move for them.

But I will agree with you that Minny did great. I really hope both Bennett (GO Rebels!) and Wiggins (Go Vaughan!) turn into stars.

eh, I think Love is much better than both of those guys, and if they truly have Love signed for another 5yrs after next year, its probably the right move for them.

But I will agree with you that Minny did great. I really hope both Bennett (GO Rebels!) and Wiggins (Go Vaughan!) turn into stars.

I do agree that Love is a better player but just showing what Minny got was very very very good in comparison.

Cavaliers favourites to win championship. +300

Hadn't looked but I'm sure could of had them at way better price before the moves.