best bad beat you ever laid on someone?

20/40 table at turningstone.I am on the button and look down to see AKc. 2 limpers before me I make it 40 to go. SB/BB fold limpers call. Flop J10Qc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy shit, I flop my first Royal ever... in 11 years. I figure I ain't gonna make any money. But... 1st to act fires! Next guy calls I raise he 3 bets I cap with the middle guy calling the whole way. Turn and rivers are both virtual blanks at this point and middle guy drops out on the turn... capped the whole way until heads up on river. We raise and reraise back and forth until he is all in for about 900. He flips over the 89c... str8 flush 8-q. I turn over my Royal. he flips out. I scoop woo hoo. What a dream hand, what are the odds? Anyway, they still talk about it at turningstone. Justin

Well... maybe. But he has to be thinking what are the odds of two straight flushes? He said at one point during the raising YOUR ACE HIGH FLUSH IS NO GOOD.Justin

Guest XXEddie
Well... maybe. But he has to be thinking what are the odds of two straight flushes? He said at one point during the raising YOUR ACE HIGH FLUSH IS NO GOOD.Justin
since the only thing he could have the would make an A high flush no good is the lower str8 flush...you choulda said"neither is your str8 flush"
since the only thing he could have the would make an A high flush no good is the lower str8 flush...you choulda said"neither is your str8 flush"
I pretty much did. Everyone in the crowd knew what he had. I just smiled and told him I wasn't stopping. He was so blinded by his hand I think, that it didn't hit him what was going on. Oh well. Justin
  • 2 weeks later...

Last night at a satelite tournament I had $15,000 with blinds 4,000-8,000. I'm BB and look down at a 5 3 offsuitUTG calls $8,000UTG+1 foldsUTG+2 raises to $16,000Button foldI have $7,000 left, getting almost 6-1 so I sadly call, expecting to get up and leave. UTG calls as well, making it $49,000 for me available, $2,00 in side potFlop 5 2 5UTG checksGets a bet and foldsUTG+2 gets side pot of $2,000Shows Ace AceChokes when he sees my 5 3 osturn blankriver threeI was embarrassed, but not enough to give money back!

1 spot out of the money on a PokerRoom $5 MTT, shorstacked I raise with AT from CO. BB calls. Flop is T72, I push and am called by aces. nail the T on the turn.Then again, he should have raised me preflop, so I'm not too angry 8)

Playing in a rebuy tournament last month in AC. I get dealt a small pocket pair (4's I think. One diamond). Flop comes out 6 6 x (2 diamonds). Big blind pushes all-in. It wouldn't have killed me to call, plus it was a rebuy, so I called. He shows pocket 7's. I'm counting my chips out when I hit runner runner diamond to suck out a flush. I was embarrassed to win that hand, but I got over while stacking my chips.

In an SNG, held 10 :club: 8:heart: in the BB and called a raise from the button. Flop comes Q:heart:J:spade:9:club:, giving me a flopped straight. The button and I get all our chips in there, and he shows K:diamond:10:club: for a higher flopped straight. Turn is a 2:heart: River is a 4:heart: and I nail the backdoor flush to win.

first hand of 20 person $50 tournament. starting chip stack: 10,000, blinds: 100-200. 2 tables of 10.first hand of the game i am dealt 4:spade: 4:club: and am in mid-position. folds around to me, i raise to 800. folds around to SB who calls and BB who also calls. flop comes 7:diamond: 7:heart: 4:diamond: ! i have flopped a full house! SB checks, BB checks, i bet out 600 looking for flush callers or possibly someone holding A7, or K7, SB folds, BB calls. turn comes 2:club: , no flush and BB checks, i bet out 600, BB raises me to 1800, i call. turn comes J:diamond: (the flush draw is now on board) BB bets all-in! (im thinking great, he has bet into my full house with his flush, i call immediately and flip over my 44 and declare "i flopped a full house!", he flips over 7:club: 7:spade: and says "i flopped quads".in all my time playing cards i have never seen one person flop quads and one person flop a full house in a 10-handed game. what are the odds?... anyone know?! needless to say the guy didn't go on to win it, but wow! i will remember that one forever! i even took a photo with the guy haha!Jay

5 seat tourney, 3 people left at the table (myself included)chipleader folds preflop and me and the other guy call to see the flop (we have a near even chip count around 1,000)I have black 77, flop comes 6sJs7hI bet 100, he calls. turn brings a 9dI bet 200, he raises all in, I call.river comes 10h, he flips over Jh9h having paired his 9 on the turn he figured he had the best hand. not really a bad beat but it was pretty excruciating to watch and was later followed by the best hand I've had in a long time which was...me and the once chipleader are now nearly even in chips at about $2500 each.I'm dealt Ah5h. I raise 100 he calls.flop comes 8h3h2h (hit the ace high flush on the flop!)I check, he bets out 50, I call. turn comes KdI check, he bets 50, I raise to 100, he calls... and then....turn brings the 4h to give me a straight flush and the nuts!I check, he bets out 50, I raise to 150, he then RERAISES to 350 (wtf does he have?)I quickly raise him all-in as he seems determined to take down this pot. he calls. I bust him and his hand is never shown.I can only imagine he had pocket kings with the Kh... or else he was the worst player ever.

Home game about 2 months ago. I'm heads up against one of the better players.Me: 45k chipsVillian: 15k chipsblinds 1/2kI pick up 22 on the button and raise to 6k, he goes all in, I call.He flips AA.Board comes down and door card is a 2, he starts to mutter, but then an ace slides out from under that. Turn blank. River is the case 2. It was the most unbelievable thing I've seen. I outdrew him.. twice

• 2 weeks later...

Several months ago I was attempting a bluff in an online 1/2 NL game.In the BB everyone folds except for the SB who calls. I have 52 of hearts. I raise to 5 hoping to scare him off. He thinks for a while, and then calls.Flop comes down AK10 rainbow. I bet the pot trying to scare him off again. He thinks for a long time...and calls. Turn is a 4. I bet the pot again, which would put him all in. He thinks for a long time, and finally calls. River card is a 3 to give me a straight A-5. He turns over 77.

Guest XXEddie

in BB with A8o, about four limpers(UTG, CO, Button, SB) i check(this was early in a SnG btw)flop 24J(rainbow) Sb checks, I bet 50 into a 100 pot, UTG calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB foldsturn 8(complets the rainbow) I check, UTG bets 20(yes 20) into a 250 pot, Button calls, I callriver 8I bet 180 into the 310 pot, UTG raises allin to about 700 total, Button folds, I call even though I sese I might be beaten Im too committed to throw away this. I callhe flips over AAHe got all pist, then I told him thats why you dont slowroll aces he goes"Youre right, I completely slow-played them, I mean I didnt bet the turn or anything...."

Besides the royal flush over the str8 flush and the 22 sucking out on the AA I may have the "best" beat story. Maybe.Playing $100 max buy in NL @ pokerroom.comI have AA in Late position.My stack is at about $170, so I've been doing well. There is a huge stack at the table, around $350.He had been coming into the table with big overbets. I had position on him and was hoping he'd open again so I could try to trap him. To my chagrin he raised to $6, I smooth called cause I hadn't seen anyone else willing to call that much preflop, and I was in good position, if I remember it was the CO, or 1 spot to the right.The button also called. The big stack had been leading most flops so I expected him to bet, and so forth.Flop came 449checked to me I bet just about 3/4 the pot. Button called, as did the big stack (alarm bells going off in my head?) Turn is a blank, I donk bet about half my stack, button calls all in. I had him covered, then the big stack re/raises all in. Uh-oh. I figure I'm in big trouble here, but as I said, I had over half my stack in this pot and wasn't thinking clearly.River of course was and Ace. I'm happy.Big stack had 99button had A4I took it with the best full house. The good ol' 1 outer. Was the first time I've ever hit one to my knowledge.This pot was huge and I was pleased, although I realized how badly I misplayed it. Kinda funny really, I normally never slowplay aces, but I thought this would be the perfect time against the perfect opponent. These plenty to say about me getting "unlucky" first, but boy did I catch up.Oh yea, I continued to get AA during this session, once back to back hands. I netted $400 in less than an hour.- Jordan

in BB with A8o, about four limpers(UTG, CO, Button, SB) i check(this was early in a SnG btw)flop 24J(rainbow) Sb checks, I bet 50 into a 100 pot, UTG calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB foldsturn 8(complets the rainbow) I check, UTG bets 20(yes 20) into a 250 pot, Button calls, I callriver 8I bet 180 into the 310 pot, UTG raises allin to about 700 total, Button folds, I call even though I sese I might be beaten Im too committed to throw away this. I callhe flips over AAHe got all pist, then I told him thats why you dont slowroll aces he goes"Youre right, I completely slow-played them, I mean I didnt bet the turn or anything...."
Good story up until you use the term SLOWROLL incorrectly, thus making you look like a complete idiot. Then again, he probably had no clue either.Justin
:club: ^mine is probably in a 2-4 NL live cash game... had $300 or so at the table... find 99 on the button after a fold around to me... i raise up to 3x BB (been doing this a lot, and knew the SB wouldnt believe me, as he was bitcihng about it all night... he was also betting into me every chance he got post-flop... guy didnt like me much)anyways, he (SB) calls, BB folds.Flop Jd 2s 3c ( pot @ $28 )he bets out $16, i callTurn Jd 2s 3c [3]s ( pot @ $60 )he bets out $32, I raise to $64, figuring he'll abandon his hand here... he sits there a while and calls (did NOT expect that the way the guy was playing all night)River Jd 2s 3c 3s [9]s ( pot @ $188 )With my stack slightly higher than the size of the pot, I push all-in after he CHECKS it to me... he calls immediately, flipping over AsJs for TPTK that became the nut flush on the riverSo not only did I hit my 2-outer, but I hit the one that would guarantee a caller... took a solid $600+ pot...
This goes in the "you know your playing a fish" thread...

here's mine.some time ago, live $100NL on party...i have TT in late position, first in, i decide to limp, only BB calls.flop AK5, he checks, i bet about half-pot, he calls.turn is T, he checks, i bet pot, he raises, i re-raise all-in, he calls.river T. :shock: he shows AA, i drag nice pot.

NH .. but was pretty dumb of him to not figure out he was beaten by about the 6th or 7th raise.
It was far more likely he just had an ace high flush. The only way he was beat was if his opponent had a royal flush. Not getting all of their money in would have just been a stupid play there. There was less than a .1% he was beat with the straight flush. You gave him a bad beat.