Looks pretty lame. Humor is about subtlety and the unexpected. This seems to rate close to a zero on those. I guess I'm just not cool enough to find this very funny when too many of these monsters exist in real life.

Looks pretty lame. Humor is about subtlety and the unexpected. This seems to rate close to a zero on those. I guess I'm just not cool enough to find this very funny when too many of these monsters exist in real life.
Good lord, even mk could learn a thing or two about smugness from you.
Good lord, even mk could learn a thing or two about smugness from you.
I thought Borat was funny. Happy?There is such a thing as doing the same shtick one too many times.Smug addendum- "you should visit the Empire State building before one of you blows it up" has to be competing for the lamest joke in history.

To be fair, I really like Borat, like Ali G decently, have laughed occasionally at Bruno (though he seems too one-dimensional for me), and I like SBC in a number of other films, but when I saw the initial trailer for this movie, I don't think I even smiled. It seems like a reasonable funny premise, but other than when he runs the race, I thought most of the jokes fell flat. If I can see a better trailer, I'd be willing to watch it.

To be fair, I really like Borat, like Ali G decently, have laughed occasionally at Bruno (though he seems too one-dimensional for me), and I like SBC in a number of other films, but when I saw the initial trailer for this movie, I don't think I even smiled. It seems like a reasonable funny premise, but other than when he runs the race, I thought most of the jokes fell flat. If I can see a better trailer, I'd be willing to watch it.
Hm. Yup, all of this.
  • 1 month later...
New trailer. I'm fully on board this thing. I'm looking forward to it.The official website is still funny.

That is unbelievable. I seriously can't believe that happened. hahahahaha

New trailer. I'm fully on board this thing. I'm looking forward to it.
Definitely better than the last one. Adds a pretty big wrinkle.
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
it was a goddamn riot.
I just saw it again, and it was still funny. Suuuuuper short though. Still. Very funny.