Mr. Romney implied that anyone receiving government benefits wouldn’t likely be one of his voters. But there’s no clear partisan split among beneficiaries, especially for broad-based federal retirement and health-care programs.

Thanks for linking an article that agrees with me.

That seems silly...the old vote and sick vote is very much pro-democrat since they spend half their gas spewing the "Republicans will take away your pills and make you eat dog food" tripe for months on end during every election.

So either their ads do not work and for decades the democrats have not figured that out and are wasting most of their campaign money...

Or they are effective, they are getting enough elderly and sick voters to justify spending a huge chunk of their money on these lies and the quote you linked is basing his facts on his feelings.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What's the difference between a particular gene sequence in an abstract sense and a particular gene sequence that exists within a cell? Can you explain the difference in a way that doesn't boil down

This is pretty funny. The problem isn't the itty bitty details. The problem is Romney refuses to say if he's going to play Poker or Go Fish with the cards, and is on record as saying he doesn't know

I see.   I'd rather give the poor tax breaks than give them welfare. As a general rule. Let them keep their money to live on rather than take their money and then provide for them.

I for one have changed my tune. I want to help President Obama change things in Washington!

Obama:“I think that I’ve learned some lessons over the last four years and the most important lesson I’ve learned is that you can’t change Washington from the inside,”

The real problem that I have with Romney is his inability to elevate the tone of the conversation. Obama seems to have a strategy of only staying slightly above his opponent in terms of substance. So, because Romney has absolutely no substance to his campaign, he is allowing Obama to effectively give no information about his vision for the next 4 years. And the next 4 years for our country are crucial. This is the time when we should be having a rigorous debate about how to address the systemic economic issues that we're facing (from globalization, automization etc) and the medium-term issues that we're going to face with our entitlement programs.

Instead, neither candidate is addressing either issue, which are the real issues at hand. It's not even that there aren't big ideas, is that the problems aren't even being discussed. A lot of this has to do with the fact that Romney early on decided to run a referendum campaign where he would only talk about how bad Obama was over the last 4 years. But haven't we learned that doesn't work? Isn't that what Kerry did, and he lost pretty badly. You can't win by saying how bad you think the other guy is. Because the public's reaction will always be, "Yeah, okay, but if I don't know your plan, if you dont inspire me, then I don't trust you any more than he."

Anyway, this most recent, epic meltdown of the Romney campaign won't help any of those issues.

He can't elevate the tone because the Republican strategy is to screw over most of the country and use the same policies that have been recently discredited by the invisible man. Neocons are intellectually bankrupt, but are at least smart enough(usually- see Romneys 47% comments) to realize that they can no longer tell the truth about what it is that they plan to do. Obama isn't much better. His job is to be the "good cop" that gives decent speeches, but when it comes time for legislation goes along with the Republican plan 90% of the time.

There is no debate to be had. Everything has already been pretty much decided.

Globalization will be encouraged as much as possible. Despite the aggressive speeches immigration will also be encouraged since this benefits the rich. The plan is to replace the American middle class with lower paid wage slaves from other countries. The formerly middle class will be left to fend for themselves. Despite the spectacular job the propaganda division has done(led by fox news), the future will not be entrusted to fooling most of the people most of the time. Expect fascist restrictions against unfavored groups and individuals as the general public increasingly realizes that they've been had. More unecessary and immoral wars will be fought since the military-industrial complex demands it. The collapse of the Soviet Union was a temporary setback, but Muslims seem to have replaced them as a convenient scapegoat. Environmental and educational issues will not be solved since the rich benefit from environmental destruction and a poorly educated general public who have to pay way too much to get an education.

The debt seems like a difficult problem, but our current situation seems more explainable when you recognize that debt benefits the rich as long as it doesn't completely destabilize a country. As long as every country goes into debt at once the rich can have their cake and eat it too. They can enslave the poor without risking disastrous monetary destabilization since there isn't really anywhere better for the currency to go. If the debt does become a problem expect "entitlement" programs to be cut as much as politically feasible. This will be the most effective way possible of ensuring the middle class and poor bear the most burden from our debt.

Moderates like you simply don't seem to get that the future is no longer about how to solve "our" problems. The problems that the rich face are entirely different from those that the middle class and poor face. The future of American politics will consist of doing everything possible to ensure that the wealthy hold on to as much power as they can.

Do you have any idea how much it costs to insure a Ferrari?

About a weeks worth of food stamps, which can be exchanged for cash to buy lotto tickets and alcohol.

Ps, to all the excitable libs here, no I dont think all food stampers do this. However, there are enuf ones doing it to supplement my ex wifes income, who charges a 5% transfer fee to do this very thing.

Biden, going for the Clinton voters:

“Guess what, the cheerleaders in college are the best athletes in college,” Biden said. “You think, I’m joking, they’re almost all gymnasts, the stuff they do on hard wood, it blows my mind.”

x

Pretty much all true (except the part where you predictably started prattling about the massive importance of 'environmental issues'. That's become a mindless leftist religion no different than the same sort of thing we see on the right with terrorism hysteria, gun rights, etc)

You're right, though. It's pretty much over. As best I can tell, the tipping point was somewhere in the 70's. We've been on a fascist death spiral since then. Economically, the country has been treated like one gigantic leveraged buyout, funneling a couple centuries of wealth, resources and productivity to a privileged few 'executives', loading the ****** down with debt then putting it to work to earn its keep. If it goes bust? Who cares. The company's already been looted.

Pretty much all true (except the part where you predictably started prattling about the massive importance of 'environmental issues'. That's become a mindless leftist religion no different than the same sort of thing we see on the right with terrorism hysteria, gun rights, etc)

You're right, though. It's pretty much over. As best I can tell, the tipping point was somewhere in the 70's. We've been on a fascist death spiral since then. Economically, the country has been treated like one gigantic leveraged buyout, funneling a couple centuries of wealth, resources and productivity to a privileged few 'executives', loading the ****** down with debt then putting it to work to earn its keep. If it goes bust? Who cares. The company's already been looted.

Left Wing Media fed up with Obama Lies

Hillary Clinton Aide Tells Reporter To “F*ck O*f” And “Have A Good Life”

http://www.buzzfeed....ter-to-****-off

the link take * out replace with c

http://www.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeedpolitics/hillary-clinton-aide-tells-reporter-to-fu*k-off

Interesting Read

Bernanke declares war on Canadian economy

http://www.winnipegf...-170938201.html

Except he is clueless as he shows with his German example.

Germany has had an export boom because they are in a currency union that has artifically lowered the value of their currency which is exactly what he's saying that Canada can't do plus the success of Germany is also greatly because German wages have been kept low not high as he is saying.

I've been saying for years that Canada has had it coming.

Do us a favor and line your women up by height and looks left to right so our military can pick which ones to take as they storm through your country.

Also, tell Timmy Horton's to get a bunch of those breakfast sandwiches pre-cooked. Our boys may want some food after they have their way with all your women.

Guess your 'free healthcare' wasn't free after all.

Do us a favor and line your women up by height and looks left to right so our military can pick which ones to take as they storm through your country.

Also, tell Timmy Horton's to get a bunch of those breakfast sandwiches pre-cooked. Our boys may want some food after they have their way with all your women.

don't forget the coffee...one of the best parts of crossing the border is TH...we really need them in the States - outside of Buffalo and the top of NY state i have not seen them here.

Except he is clueless as he shows with his German example.

Germany has had an export boom because they are in a currency union that has artifically lowered the value of their currency which is exactly what he's saying that Canada can't do plus the success of Germany is also greatly because German wages have been kept low not high as he is saying.

Question....you sit down to play Monopoly but you double the money the players have, what happens?

it is the exceedingly rare case that a PE firm pays itself a dividend from the acquired company's debt without that company becoming a success story. the banks that lend to PE firms can be dumb, but they are not routinely THAT dumb. alternatively, the situation with the government: who is the person with an interest in keeping things sane? the people who benefit from property rights, I guess? I don't see much reason for hope.

**** this place. all it does is make me depressed.

OBAMA CARE WAS THE WORST THING WE COULDA DONE TO THEM. wHERE THE HELL ARE THEY GONNA GEY QUALITY AND TIMELY HEALYHCARE NOW/

OBAMA CARE WAS THE WORST THING WE COULDA DONE TO THEM. wHERE THE HELL ARE THEY GONNA GEY QUALITY AND TIMELY HEALYHCARE NOW/

The emergency room?

And maybe I just watch too much Daily Show, but I don't know how anyone could like ole Mittster. The clip of him praising Ryan, the crowd then chanting Ryan's name, and him interrupting them to throw his name in their first is awesomely ridiculous. The guy is just a clown. When Bush was the guy, the line was "he's a guy you could have a beer with" but this guy, just awful. What's worse, policy wise, he's vague and an awful hypocrite. I guess the pickins were slim and the strategy is ABB (anyone but Obama). You should all vote for Gary Johnson.

The emergency room?

And maybe I just watch too much Daily Show, but I don't know how anyone could like ole Mittster. The clip of him praising Ryan, the crowd then chanting Ryan's name, and him interrupting them to throw his name in their first is awesomely ridiculous. The guy is just a clown. When Bush was the guy, the line was "he's a guy you could have a beer with" but this guy, just awful. What's worse, policy wise, he's vague and an awful hypocrite. I guess the pickins were slim and the strategy is ABB (anyone but Obama). You should all vote for Gary Johnson.

Not saying I disagree with you here.

I hated Romney getting picked for a couple reasons.

1st: He was a republican that got elected in the liberal state of Massachusetts, that tells you something.

2nd:The fact that from the moment he started running this time he was the front runner says that he was thee choice of the establishment republicans. These are the guys who do not give a crap about right or left or anything but control and power. They gave us Dole, they gave us McCain. Their view is to appease the masses to keep the keys to the executive washroom because they have theirs. Arnold wanted to be one of them but being foreign born prevents him, so he just vacations with John Kerry and the like while claiming a republican branding on his polo shirt.

I do not like what I see in Romney, but its still better than President Obama lack of leadership. However, if Obama wins I will be fine as long as the Rs take over the senate and keep the house. Seems like our recent history is that the country does best with Rs in the legislative and Ds in the executive.

We agree. Weeeeeee

Let me ask you this, with the R's in control of the house and senate, will their primary goal be to kill anything snd everything and stall the country for another 4 years or do you think some compromise can be worked out for the good of the country?

And fwiw, I don't think any president, even the most brilliant cat in the world, can make that much change. The world has change so much, modernized, that the number of jobs just aren't needed. New industries need to be created, cultivated, but the fact is, if something needs to be manufactured, we sure as hell won't be doing it here. My crappy industry, banking, has banks on every corner, yet everything banks do these days is to keep you out of banks. In 20 years, will there even be a need for a bank? ATM deposits, taking a pic of your check and depositing, online banking, electronic transfers, lending websites. I mean, I hope people smarter than me (nearly everyone) figures out something. I wish Mark Cuban would run. I like that guy. He isn't that stupid though.

We agree. Weeeeeee

Let me ask you this, with the R's in control of the house and senate, will their primary goal be to kill anything snd everything and stall the country for another 4 years or do you think some compromise can be worked out for the good of the country?

You are begging the question that everything the dems want passed is good for the economy/country.

If they want to pass a law that hurts the economy, should the Rs compromise? only hurt it a little?

The elections are to place the people we want to represent us into office, if my representative voted for the President's budget, it would not be doing the job of representing me. Of course, no democrat has voted for Obama's budgets yet, so it's not like the Rs get the blame for that one.

When one side wins, they get to be in charge. The dems rules everything for 2 years, and 1 year later their response to their lack of doing anything? The republicans stopped us. Hey if you can't run things then get out of the way and let people that do know how take the lead.

I'm not a 'we need to all compromise so that more laws and spending bills are passed'. I'd rather have nothing passed rather than let crappy spending bills passed.

Not saying the Republicans are all that much better, they spend like democrats, but why are we acting like politicians are doing the right thing every time? In my opinion, most of the time they are doing something that screws us, and occasionally they do something by accident that is good, after they add a bunch of self serving pork into the bill.

Nah, let them stay stalled and doing nothing while America grows itself out of this slump by business people starting companies so they can get rich.