I Have No Opinion On Contracts Thread 2011 Edition Part A

Yesterday was quite the day. I have no idea how I got though it all dealing with people angry about money they owe.I will make this short as possible but we have two sisters who live her in separate apartments. The mother lives with one of them. They received a letter stating that the one in C owed $560 and the one in K owed $710. Since their lease is up they need to renew but you cannot renew unless you have a zero balance. The mother called me Monday night and said that they didn't owe any money. I said, ok, call the number on the letter (my boss' number) and talk to him. I don't handle the accounting. So she kept telling me that she didn't owe anything. After 10 minutes of this BS I told her to tell her daughter to come in Tuesday night and I will get a statement from my boss and I will show why they owe the money. Cool.So I have him send statements for both girls because I didn;t know what one she was actually referring to at the time.I as I perusing it I see the issues. First issue is that K never paid July rent. So there is their issue. The issue with C was that she overpaid and her Feb rent was actually $560. Talking to the mother they were coming in Tuesday to pay Feb rent but thought they still owed $560 on top of that. It was actually they only owed $560 and that was that. So I just was going to wait till Tuesday and deal with it.I get in Tuesday and my coworker is on the phone. It's the mother. She called and wanted to know how much money to bring. I looked at the sheets and said $560 + $25 late fee now so $585 for C and $735 for K. She wanted to argue about late fees but after the 5th it's late. So deal with it.She hangs up and then I look at it and realize. Shit. The numbers are messed up. Their lease ended, so their $50 off a month ended. But his accounting program kept them at the same $50 off rent price. So now they owe $50 more for rent and another $50 for the security deposit increase. So now actually C owes $685 and K owes $835. Oops. I figured this out late and then the mother calls. I explain the issue and she starts yelling at me that I said she owed $560 yesterday a each time she calls it gets higher. I told her $560 yesterday and that is that. Nothing we can do about changing that. I laughed a bit and told her it doesn't matter what I say. The simple fact is that yesterday I went by the paperwork that was sent. I had not seen it. Once I did see the paperwork I found that the accounting system messed up. They can look through their lease paperwork and they will find a signed copy of an addendum to the lease that states as of 2/1/12 their rent will increase b $50. I explained that earlier that day they called me as I walked in the door. I didn't have my coat off and you are demanding numbers. I agreed I should have called them back once settled but they were adamant on getting numbers then. But the fact remains, if yo want to sign a lease, then pay this amount. If not, then move on out. There was some screaming and yelling but eventually she gave in.She and her one daughter came last night. She asked me to do something next week for her and I said I would not be here next week, that Friday is my last day and when she found out the reason she kept trying to talk me out of it. Get day care. Bring the kid and leave him in the office. Fu ck NO! Not a chance. She kept saying it was not right to not make money for my child. What a bitch. I just rolled my eyes and waited for them to leave. That reminds me of the guy in A who saw the picture I have of Jin on my desk and asked me who that was. I told him my son.Him: That is your son? Is your wife Chinese?Me: No. He is Korean and we are adopting him?Him: You;re adopting him? Me: Yup...*sigh* I can see where this is headed.Him: What's wrong with good old American babies?Me: *sigh* They are usually born addicted to crack with 14 year old mothers. Any other questions?*******.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if I have a picture somewhere of you and Wayne or you and Biatch hugging it out in Vegas somewhere? That could make for a fun last day at work, with those two pictures side-by-side on your desk. *disclaimer* I do actually know that Wayne and Dan aren't Korean, but it would still be funny. To me, anyway.

A few points:1. Thanks for doing this. Had a busy day at work and love reading this eating lunch.2. I think either myself or Biatch can pass as Koreans.3. Stop blaming Accounting.4. All the best on Jin. Hope it all moves smoothly.

Sadly the guys friend is in my office waiting for the ME. It would be in bad taste. Tomorrow I will update.
With the little morals that I have, I agree with your position.

My buddy the actor from my 2nd favorite movie ever (The Town) was at Cherry's again, showed up about 10 mins before I left. He actually apologized to me for being crappy when we met the first time.No idea how I didn't put this together at the time, but he's clearly from Boston, so he was upset about the Pats loss in the Super Bowl.Both of the movies of his that I own (The Town and Gone Baby Gone) are the two films Ben Affleck has directed, and obviously set in Boston.Anyways, I apologized for being an annoying, bothersome drunk, lol. Seems like a cool dude.Oh, if I didn't drunk post this before, his name is Slaine, and he's actually a rapper. I've never heard any of his stuff, outside of whatever was in the two movies I've mentioned.

Oh, and I also just ran into the Finance Minister as we both arrived at my building at the same time. He showed me his key fob (as is supposed to be the protocol so unsavory types don't gain access to the building) to prove that he lived here. I'm like yeah, Mr. Flaherty, I know.Minor celebs all over the place today.

Oh, and I also just ran into the Finance Minister as we both arrived at my building at the same time. He showed me his key fob (as is supposed to be the protocol so unsavory types don't gain access to the building) to prove that he lived here. I'm like yeah, Mr. Flaherty, I know.Minor celebs all over the place today.
You met Flaherty????? Wow. Seriously Wow.
I'm confused, you live in same building as the FM?Must be a nice place.
Yeah, I have for years. I used to live right above him, but moved to the other building. When it's cold, like tonight, and I'm carrying groceries, I can still just go in the door to the old building, since it's closer, and they're connected. I've seen him maybe 3 times.I don't think he spends a ton of time here, considering his home riding is back in Toronto.
Yeah, I have for years. I used to live right above him, but moved to the other building. When it's cold, like tonight, and I'm carrying groceries, I can still just go in the door to the old building, since it's closer, and they're connected. I've seen him maybe 3 times.I don't think he spends a ton of time here, considering his home riding is back in Toronto.
Ironically when I lived in Whitby , we used to run into him all the time..He is from Whitby.

I had this mild suspicion that I was just being punked by this guy Slaine, but I found that he has a Twitter, and he is in fact in "Ottowa".Slaine @SlainesWorldLast Day of this Canada Tour. Tonight in Ottowa at The Ritual. After this I may be off the grid for a bit. I got a lot of work to do in LA.

my 2nd favorite movie ever (The Town)
I'm assuming you've only seen two movies in your life. Three tops.(I actually liked The Town, but 2nd favorite ever is a little surprising. Gone Baby Gone was pretty fantastic though.)

I'm seen thousands of movies. I own over 100 Blu-rays, and probably 80 more DVDs. I agree that ranking them is difficult, but I just know that it's not my #1, which is Heat.The reason I really like The Town is because of how much inspiration (copying?) it gets from Heat. There's even a scene in The Town where Affleck is sitting on his couch watching Heat.