Official Sunday $5 Million Thread With Last Longers

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

and after all that the final table did a chop meaning a big drop between the final table and 10th place10th place - 27k9th place - 263kWhich also meant no-one acutally won a million dollars, the most got 844k (with the chop) and finished 4th.

I'd be tempted to chop HU but I think I would be disappointed in myself if I got that far and didn't play it out for the prize pool. Theoretically that is. I hope I have to make that decision some day. I know they played for the car too but a 9 way chop seems odd to me.

I'd be tempted to chop HU but I think I would be disappointed in myself if I got that far and didn't play it out for the prize pool. Theoretically that is. I hope I have to make that decision some day. I know they played for the car too but a 9 way chop seems odd to me.
so yeah, no.you're not going to give up a guranteed half a mill- 800k if you had the option. i know you'd like to think you would in some dream scenario but there were some decent HSMTT players that snap took the chopso yeah, no

I guess it does depend. If the other players made an offer I couldn't refuse then yeah, it becomes -EV to chop. I think 3rd place money in a 9 way chop is right around that too good to refuse point. If you're saying I'd chop so that I minimize the risk of only making 40K vs the guarantee that I make 260K with a chance at a 200K car, you're mistaken.

I guess it does depend. If the other players made an offer I couldn't refuse then yeah, it becomes -EV to chop. I think 3rd place money in a 9 way chop is right around that too good to refuse point. If you're saying I'd chop so that I minimize the risk of only making 40K vs the guarantee that I make 260K with a chance at a 200K car, you're mistaken.
i'm saying if they offered you your equity, you would instantly take it barring you being extreeeemly short, which is essentially chopping to reduce variance and "minimizing your risk of only making 40k" i'm not talking about some situation where you are offered more than your equity.

Great Game PokerAddict, you too Kobe babyas far as chopping goes I have to agree $260k vs 40K big difference. Oh well it was an experience for sure.gg's all who tried all 60,000 of us lol

Personally there's no way I couldn't take the deal... i have no idea about the final 9 but if you have absolutely no experience playing for that amount of money or even close I think its close to impossible to play well.

Personally there's no way I couldn't take the deal... i have no idea about the final 9 but if you have absolutely no experience playing for that amount of money or even close I think its close to impossible to play well.
I agree, I think everybody who posts here would take a reasonable deal. Even if I thought I had an edge which I wouldn't have I wouldn't have risked a large guarantee against the chance of coming in 9th with that amount of money involved and the structure of the payouts and the tourney.
everyone was effectively 15bbs deep or something
snap take the deal. It had turned into a shove-a-ment even when I had about an average size stack. I didn't stick around to watch it, but I bet there was not a whole lot of post flop poker at the FT.

Next time, just make sure to have 400mil of the 600mil in play going to the FT...then demand 1.6million and ask if the others wanna play flipsies to determine 40k from 1.1mil or just take their lumps and agree to give me 1st place money.