Random News Observations

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The most interesting thing about the worlds largest beaver dam is that it was discovered via Google Earth and some guy trekked out there to see it IRL and was the first person to ever set foot in that

Beware of overcharging someone. Thats the #1 lesson learned from the Zimmerman case. He was guilty of avoidable behavior that ultimately culminated in a fatality- manslaughter- but he was not guilty

You should've tried to get on the jury and convince the rest that he was not guilty.

Posted Images

Japan had 11 gun murders in 2008, USA had 11,000.

Wonder if Japan has video games...

It's Japan.

If we compared their burglary or stabbing statistics, they'd still come out massively better than us.

If anything, it's a testimony to the importance of firm values and identifiable culture, which we no longer really have.

Also, Japan: basically no guns.

US: 300,000,000 guns, unregistered.

Politicians in Washington can write decrees on paper until they're blue in the face. I'm a prohibited class of person as far as gun ownership goes, yet I'd have no problem whatsoever laying hands on whatever kind of firearm I wanted within an hour if I were so inclined. Idealism doesn't extinguish reality no matter how well-intentioned it may be.

It's Japan.

If we compared their burglary or stabbing statistics, they'd still come out massively better than us.

If anything, it's a testimony to the importance of firm values and identifiable culture, which we no longer really have.

Also, Japan: basically no guns.

US: 300,000,000 guns, unregistered.

Politicians in Washington can write decrees on paper until they're blue in the face. I'm a prohibited class of person as far as gun ownership goes, yet I'd have no problem whatsoever laying hands on whatever kind of firearm I wanted within an hour if I were so inclined. Idealism doesn't extinguish reality no matter how well-intentioned it may be.

Absolutely correct. This point needs to be a big part of the discussion along with mental health.

No guns, no deaths. Thanks for making my case.

We are so far behind them when it comes to killing people with guns that they are just taking a break for us to catch up. At this rate we will be caught up in 1200 years.

R. J. Rummel, a professor of political science at the University of Hawaii, states that between 1937 and 1945, the Japanese military murdered from nearly 3,000,000 to over 10,000,000 people, most likely 6,000,000 Chinese, Indonesians, Koreans, Filipinos andIndochinese, among others, including Western prisoners of war.

none of the gun conversation matters, it isn't going to be agreed on and there are so many more pressing issues thta actually do matter.

in the mean time we spend .46 on the 1 to pay for interest on our national debt but our leaders want to raise spending again...for our own good of course. Cause we can't do anything without them!!

none of the gun conversation matters

I bet there are 20 sets of parents in newtown CT who disagree with you.

Being able to keep your kids safe > national debt concerns for lots of parents I'm guessing

I bet there are 20 sets of parents in newtown CT who disagree with you.

Being able to keep your kids safe > national debt concerns for lots of parents I'm guessing

You are correct about that, however none of the conversation about guns right is going to change the saftey of kids in the next 10 years or longer. Plus there is not going to be any agreement that is going to happen quickly. In the mean time there is quite a bit to figure out that is kind of important.

i have kids in middle school - i get it - but right now there are more pressing concerns.

this is an awesome clip... Could you imagine that show on the air today? Libs would go crazy every week!

on a serious note it does give a bit reference to the length of time this topic has been discussed. regardless of your position on the arguement it is not going to end quickly - this clip is close to 40 yrs old and damn close to spot on where we stand today.

maybe you could dig up some of the welfare clips and see how accurate they turned out to be.

this is an awesome clip... Could you imagine that show on the air today? Libs would go crazy every week!

I don't think you understood that show.

maybe you could dig up some of the welfare clips and see how accurate they turned out to be.

Accurate in what way? Do you actually think that welfare is a big problem in our current economy?

If you haven't checked out Nate Silver since the election, he had a depressing article lately.

Landslide districts have been increasing steadily. Unless something weird happens it looks like political gridlock will continue into the indefinite future. If you benefit a lot by the current political setup(the rich, the elderly, career politicians, various special interest groups) then I guess that is great news. Everyone else, not so much.

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/12/27/as-swing-districts-dwindle-can-a-divided-house-stand/

I don't think you understood that show.

i understand the show...that doesn't mean people wouldn't be upset.

Accurate in what way? Do you actually think that welfare is a big problem in our current economy?

big problem - don't that i would say that as a line item. it is part of the overall spending problem that is the biggest problem we have right now. yes - is it wasteful and self defeating for the people who use as a way of life - yes - is it used as a tool for Democrats to control weak minded people who don't take care of themselves...yes

Edit - see link guess it is a big problem. http://www.foxbusiness.com/government/2012/10/18/trillion-dollar-cost-welfare/#ixzz2GoLztNpv

Taegan Goddard@politicalwire

Nothing shows how extreme House GOP is than a bill that passed Senate 89-8 is essentially dead on arrival http://politicalwire...e.html …

i don't think anyone thinks this is a good bill, hell not even most democrats that i listened to on CNN and MSNBC thought it was good. obviously they thought it was bad for different reasons but they still didn't like.

wait - edit - it passed....so you were able to get your shot in at the GOP even thought you were incorrect. yep libs are great - don't ever let the facts get in the way of what you believe.

By the way, in 2 months when the debt ceiling needs to voted on...LOL there is going to be blood in the streets og DC is my prediction.

BHO won (this round)...he got his tax hikes...he looks like a modern Robin Hood...spending will be the next round and they can't do it without changes.

Taegan Goddard@politicalwire

Nothing shows how extreme House GOP is than a bill that passed Senate 89-8 is essentially dead on arrival http://politicalwire...e.html …

So we have people in the House that understand this bill solves NOTHING and they are called extreme. Of course the Senate has performed their Constitutional duties the last four years.

Houston, we have a problem.

and Chris Christie is just as pissed

http://www.businessi...ief-bill-2013-1

Chris Christie is delivering a BRUTAL takedown of Speaker Boehner right now over his failure to bring Sandy aid to a vote.

It's historic.

In his speech, he has already delivered what will be a historic criticism of Congress.

In comparing himself and Governor Cuomo to politicians, he said:

"Unlike people in Congress, we have actual responsibilities."

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/chris-christie-blasts-john-boehner-over-sandy-failure-unlike-people-in-congress-we-have-actual-responsibilities-2013-1#ixzz2Gqku1uqq