Random News Observations

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The most interesting thing about the worlds largest beaver dam is that it was discovered via Google Earth and some guy trekked out there to see it IRL and was the first person to ever set foot in that

Beware of overcharging someone. Thats the #1 lesson learned from the Zimmerman case. He was guilty of avoidable behavior that ultimately culminated in a fatality- manslaughter- but he was not guilty

You should've tried to get on the jury and convince the rest that he was not guilty.

Posted Images

Story of how little the rest of the world can do without AmericaRegarding the recent Iranian attempt to pretend they could close the straits of Hormuz:
The revelation that US defence chiefs saw little military value in UK participation will raise new questions about Britain’s international clout after Coalition defence cuts.Amid rising tensions in the region, the Royal Navy last month deployed HMS Argyll, a Type 23 frigate, to the Gulf.The ship accompanied a US carrier strike group made up of an aircraft carrier with a full complement of fighters, a heavy cruiser and several destroyers.A French frigate, the La Motte-Picquet, was also part of the flotilla which sailed through the Straits of Hormuz.A diplomatic source revealed that US commanders originally planned for an all-American naval operation, any only relented after protests from European leaders.The source said: “The Americans originally planned to do it alone. They were clear that they saw no military advantage in having European ships taking part.But after the President insisted that France had to be represented, ministers decided that “Britain must participate too, regardless of the military importance.”The source described the approach of France and Britain as “classic willy-waving”, accusing the two countries of posturing to conceal their military irrelevance to the confrontation with Iran.A Whitehall confirmed the sequence of events and described the international negotiations over the flotilla as “humiliating” for Britain.After the French intervention, the UK Government “was basically forced to plead with Washington for the Navy to be allowed to tag along. “ said the source.
Story of how little the rest of the world can do without AmericaRegarding the recent Iranian attempt to pretend they could close the straits of Hormuz:
the US strike force complete with the Ronald Regan didn't need help...hard to believe. the Navys response to Iran threatening to close the STR should have been the LAT and LONG on where to find them.Seriously France has been worthless since WW1, why anyone considers them relevent to anything is a mystery question and i don't think England would have needed our help in keeping the the passage open any more then we needed theirs.

News reports this morning: we've seized Iranian assets. ALWAYS- I mean ALWAYS- the first gravely serious pretext to war. This goddamn military adventurism has got to stop, as does being a proxy for Israel. If they want to fight Iran, then fight them on your own time and dime.Enough of this war bullshit.Does Obama saber-rattle his way to a second term? Will Sam LaHood get sodomized in a dank Egyptian 'interrogation room' before SEAL Team 6 busts him out? Can Jessica persuade Eunice that Dutch is really dangerous?We answer all these questions and more in the next episode of...

Maybe we've learned that all we can really accomplish is to bomb them into submission then leave them to their civil war while we stay home and listen to the left say that it's terrible and some movie star raises money for them that ends up being used for weapons to kill.

News reports this morning: we've seized Iranian assets. ALWAYS- I mean ALWAYS- the first gravely serious pretext to war. This goddamn military adventurism has got to stop, as does being a proxy for Israel. If they want to fight Iran, then fight them on your own time and dime.Enough of this war bullshit.Does Obama saber-rattle his way to a second term? Will Sam LaHood get sodomized in a dank Egyptian 'interrogation room' before SEAL Team 6 busts him out? Can Jessica persuade Eunice that Dutch is really dangerous?We answer all these questions and more in the next episode of...
So much for BHO thinking he was going to reason with them and talk it out…LOL when you are in the chair things are different. It is damn shame we wasted 10 trillion in the last 2 years. we'll just raise revenues....
Soap!
  • 2 weeks later...
This goddamn military adventurism has got to stop
What we're seeing in Iran is simply the fruit borne of the Bush Doctrine of preemption. The nations of the middle east were taught a simple, clear lesson--one which they learned well: arm yourselves and pose a credible threat or risk invasion and regime destruction, at any time, for any reason.
What we're seeing in Iran is simply the fruit borne of the Bush Doctrine of preemption. The nations of the middle east were taught a simple, clear lesson--one which they learned well: arm yourselves and pose a credible threat or risk invasion and regime destruction, at any time, for any reason.
You do realize that Iraq was the best armed military in the region by a factor of 3 because of all the Russian, French and German military hardware they bought using back door deals through the UN to re-build their military at the expense of 500,000 people starving during the sanctions under Clinton?I mean at least make sense. No country in the Middle East [with the exception of Egypt] was better armed and posed a more credible threat to stability in the region more than Iraq.The lesson they are learning is that America has become weak with regards to the national will to carry out the needed amount of force to properly force a country to submit. You can lay that at the feet of the left.
You do realize that Iraq was the best armed military in the region
yeah, their powerful arsenal was on full display for the 17 seconds it took the u.s. to occupy the entire country.the u.s. has never invaded a nuclear power. the rest of the world tends to notice these kinds of things./iran story
We're now on an idealogical treadmill that will never end.Israel will never permit a middle eastern nuclear power. We do whatever Israel says.Your appraisal of the situation is completely correct, which means that we're going to be trying to stem this tide for at least the rest of our own lives, probably our childrens lives too. My kid gets to inherit a world where she works for China and fights for Israel. God, I wish I could expatriate to another country...
yeah, their powerful arsenal was on full display for the 17 seconds it took the u.s. to occupy the entire country.the u.s. has never invaded a nuclear power. the rest of the world tends to notice these kinds of things./iran story
I clearly said they had French made military equipment....
We're now on an idealogical treadmill that will never end.Israel will never permit a middle eastern nuclear power. We do whatever Israel says.Your appraisal of the situation is completely correct, which means that we're going to be trying to stem this tide for at least the rest of our own lives, probably our childrens lives too. My kid gets to inherit a world where she works for China and fights for Israel. God, I wish I could expatriate to another country...
You have a daughter?
Tax the rich, it always works.And by always, I mean "never".
There is no question that raising tax rates will lead to some tax avoidance.What that article doesn't say is whether the lower tax collections is from the highest earners or is from all tax brackets. For those who don't know Britain is going through large scale government cutbacks that are leading to another recession and that is far more likely to be the reason for the lower level of tax collections.
There is no question that raising tax rates will lead to some tax avoidance.What that article doesn't say is whether the lower tax collections is from the highest earners or is from all tax brackets. For those who don't know Britain is going through large scale government cutbacks that are leading to another recession and that is far more likely to be the reason for the lower level of tax collections.
Yeah, I really didn't feel like going into all the complexities, but over the last 60 years there is no compelling data that changing tax rates on the rich leads to additional tax collections on the rich, yet it is repeatedly offered up as a budget solution. I think this article would've been more interesting if they had discussed it as percent of GDP, since that has a much bigger effect on revenue.