Random News Observations

Interesting occurrence:Next year, 2012, Groundhog Day and Obama's State of the Union address will occur on the same date. One event involves a meaningless ritual in which we look to a creature of little intelligence for prognostication, while the other involves a groundhog.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The most interesting thing about the worlds largest beaver dam is that it was discovered via Google Earth and some guy trekked out there to see it IRL and was the first person to ever set foot in that

Beware of overcharging someone. Thats the #1 lesson learned from the Zimmerman case. He was guilty of avoidable behavior that ultimately culminated in a fatality- manslaughter- but he was not guilty

You should've tried to get on the jury and convince the rest that he was not guilty.

Posted Images

When General McChrystal went to President Obama to turn in his resignation, Barack bitterly said "You'll probably intend to piss on my grave someday." The General replied, "No, Sir, once I'm out of this man's Army, I'm not standing in line for anything ever again!"Q. What do you call the most powerful Muslim in the world?A. The President of the United States.Q. What Bruce Springsteen song always makes Obama grin?A. “Born in the U.S.A.”President Barack Hussein Obama has finally released his actual birth certificate, proving that he really was born in Hawaii, our 57th state.

Wonder if we will find out the rest of the storyCliffs: Patriot Missiles found in Finland search of ship bound for China.Why do democrats sell our weapons to China when ever they are in the WH?
http://www.cnn.com/2011/12/22/world/europe...iles/index.htmlCNN reports they are legal.
the ugly side of ultra-cheap money (paywall, firefox extension)bill gross supports this with a few examples: money market funds' inability to operate on tiny yields, bank layoffs, etc.someone at work lamented, "CDs were at 11% when I started here... wish we could go back to that"HAVE YOU LEARNED NOTHING IN YOUR 30 YEARS?
I read that same article and found it interesting.It makes total sense.
I read that same article and found it interesting.It makes total sense.
I think you have to do more to turn one of the key principles of finance on its head. but it's an interesting read, like everything else that guy puts out. <3 bill.

Add this to the list of supporting articles for why "The New York Times is simply much better than everything else."It's a piece about Mitt Romney, his time at Business School, and how his success there demonstrates how he thinks and analyzes. It's a depth of reporting that you don't get elsewhere, and makes me see a side of Mitt that is much more interesting than the usual 1-dimensional, lazy images that other publications paint.http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/25/us/polit...mney&st=cse

Another example of how the NY Times is part of the vast left wing conspiracy to choose the president and usurp the vote.It will be fun to watch them after Mitt gets the nomination tear him apart for being a racist misogynist who doesn't understand the basic of politics.

No surpriseFox News is number 1

NEW YORK (AP) - It was a good year in the ratings for cable news networks. Or a rough one. It depends on your perspective.Fox News Channel continued its dominance, with an average viewership that exceeded CNN and MSNBC combined in prime time and for the entire day, the Nielsen ratings company said Wednesday. Fox typically had 1.87 million viewers in prime time this year. The top 13 programs in cable news all aired on Fox.
They report, you decide.
Is that Michelle Bachman's latest campaign ad?
Given that her marriage is nothing more than a beard for her flaming-homosexual husband, I doubt it. Any hostility the Bachman household might have towards gays is purely a result of loathing ones own despised inner demons.
Given that her marriage is nothing more than a beard for her flaming-homosexual husband, I doubt it. Any hostility the Bachman household might have towards gays is purely a result of loathing ones own despised inner demons.
DID A GAY GUY STEAL YOUR GIRLFRIEND?
Add this to the list of supporting articles for why "The New York Times is simply much better than everything else."It's a piece about Mitt Romney, his time at Business School, and how his success there demonstrates how he thinks and analyzes. It's a depth of reporting that you don't get elsewhere, and makes me see a side of Mitt that is much more interesting than the usual 1-dimensional, lazy images that other publications paint.http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/25/us/polit...mney&st=cse
Good article. Thanks for the link.

*U.S. DEC. PAYROLLS RISE 200,000, JOBLESS RATE FALLS TO 8.5%-- PRIVATE PAYROLLS RISE BY 212,000, GOVERNMENT JOBS FALL 12,000-- JOBLESS RATE AT 8.511% VS 8.655% PRIOR MONTH-- JOBLESS RATE DROPS TO LOWEST LEVEL SINCE FEBRUARY 2009-- AVERAGE HOURLY EARNINGS FOR ALL U.S. WORKERS RISE 0.2%-- NOVEMBER PAYROLLS RISE 100,000, REVISED FROM 120,000-- Workweek up 0.1 to 34.4-- U6 UNR drops to 15.2 vs. 15.6, sharp drop.* goods producing gains 48K, services led by trade/transport up 90K, education/health up 29K. Retail trade held up, up 28K** note that trade/transport was up 90k with BLS saying 42k of that was deliveries of on-line purchases so likely temp jobs* pool of available labor shrinks 436K after 248K drop prior, so civilian labor force also down two months in a row while participation held at 64%. Point being that drop in UNR is in part due to smaller labor force.