Random News Observations

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The most interesting thing about the worlds largest beaver dam is that it was discovered via Google Earth and some guy trekked out there to see it IRL and was the first person to ever set foot in that

Beware of overcharging someone. Thats the #1 lesson learned from the Zimmerman case. He was guilty of avoidable behavior that ultimately culminated in a fatality- manslaughter- but he was not guilty

You should've tried to get on the jury and convince the rest that he was not guilty.

Posted Images

and the only people who believe that is a good thing are.... old white men.

Yes.

Because if there's one thing the historical record shows us, it's that areas going from white to non-white leads to a great increase in everyone's standard of living!

Yes.

Because if there's one thing the historical record shows us, it's that areas going from white to non-white leads to a great increase in everyone's standard of living!

I give you Toronto

http://www1.toronto.ca/wps/portal/contentonly?vgnextoid=dbe867b42d853410VgnVCM10000071d60f89RCRD

Toronto, with a population of 2.79 million people (5.5 million in the GTA - Greater Toronto Area) is heralded as one of the most multicultural cities in the world and is ranked as the safest large metropolitan area in North America by Places Rated Almanac.

Over 140 languages and dialects are spoken here, and just over 30 per cent of Toronto residents speak a language other than English or French at home.

• In 2006, the City of Toronto was home to 8 per cent of Canada's population, 30 per cent of all recent immigrants and 20 per cent of all immigrants
  • Between 2001 and 2006, Canada received 1,109,980 international immigrants. The City of Toronto welcomed about one quarter of all immigrants (267,855) to Canada during this period of about 55,000 annually
  • Half of Toronto's population (1,237,720) was born outside of Canada, up from 48 per cent in 1996
  • In 2006, half of all immigrants to the City of Toronto have lived in Canada for less than 15 years
  • In 2006, more than half of all immigrants living in the City were age 25 and over; 7 per cent were pre-school age 5 and under; 16 per cent were school age 6 to 14; and 22 per cent were youth 15 to 24
  • In 2006 the City of Toronto had 45 per cent of the GTA's population in 2006, and was home to:
    • 52.4 per cent of all GTA immigrants
    • 36 per cent of all immigrants living in Ontario
    • 20 per cent of all immigrants living in Canada
    • 42.4 per cent of all visible minorities in Ontario
    • 22.9 per cent of all visible minorities in Canada

[*]47 per cent of Toronto's population (1,162,635 people) reported themselves as being part of a visible minority, up from 42.8 per cent (1,051,125) in 2001

[*]The City of Toronto's visible minority population increased by 10.6 per cent since 2001, and by 31.8 per cent since 1996

[*]The top five visible minority groups in Toronto were:

• South Asian at 298,372 or 12 per cent of our population
    • Chinese at 283,075 or 11.4 per cent
    • Black at 208,555 or 8.4 per cent
    • Filipino at 102,555 or 4.1 per cent
    • Latin American at 64,860 or 2.6 per cent

Visible Minorities

"Visible minority" is defined by Statistics Canada as "persons, other than Aboriginal peoples, who are non-Caucasian in race or non-white in colour"

• Across Canada there has been a four-fold increase since 1981 in people who identify themselves as visible minorities – up from 1.1 million in 1981 to almost 5 million in 2006
  • Nationally, 96 per cent of the visible minority population live in a metropolitan area compared with 68 per cent of the total population

Ethnic Origin

Regardless of where people were born, or when they came to Canada, everyone reports on their ethnic background or heritage. Respondents are permitted to report more than one ethnic origin if appropriate and this is happening more frequently. People more likely to report multiple origins include those from European backgrounds whose ancestors have lived in Canada for several generations. In general, groups with a more recent history in Canada were more likely to report single responses.

• Toronto's rich multicultural diversity is expressed by the more than 200 distinct ethnic origins residents identified in their response to the 2006 Census.
  • In 2006, twenty-eight percent of all ethnic origin responses in Toronto were European; 19 per cent identified themselves with the British Isles (including England, Scotland, and Ireland); 16 per cent as East or Southeast Asian; and 10 per cent as South Asian in origin.

Language

• Toronto remains a mosaic of many languages. In 2006, forty-seven percent of the population had a mother tongue in a language other than English or French.
  • The top 5 mother tongue languages in 2006 were:
    • Chinese (420,000);
    • Italian (195,000);
    • Punjabi (138,000);
    • Tagalog/Filipino (114,000);
    • Portuguese (113,000).

[*]Diversity can also be measured by the extent in which people speak another language other than English or French in the home. Thirty-one percent of City residents had a home language other than English or French. The top non-official home languages were: Chinese, Tamil, Italian, Spanish, and Portuguese.

[*]Among Chinese speakers who identified a specific dialect, two-thirds spoke Cantonese and one-third spoke Mandarin.

[*]Since 1996, the number of persons with Tamil as a home language has surpassed those who speak Italian while Spanish as a home language has overtaken Portuguese.

[*]Five percent of the population has no knowledge of either official language, a slight decline from 6 per cent in 1996.

[*]Two percent of Torontonians indicated multiple mother tongues other than French and English.

No Bob, didn't scram tell you? Canada is heading towards a bad place, on account of all the refugees we are letting in.

Forget the fact that we have accepted over 300,000 refugees in the last 40 years and our cities are as safe and as prosperous as ever, our standard of living is high, and our population is (generally) accepting of minorities and not filled with hate.

Do you notice how, even in America, the bigger a city is, the more it leans to the left on social issues? There's this weird phenomenon that causes people to be more compassionate about minorities when they actually interact with them on a day to day basis and find out they are just human beings. The people who push the hardest for travel bans are the people living in small towns and rural America who rarely actually encounter a person who doesn't look or think like them. But keep telling yourselves that you are the voice of reason, and the left is just idealistic.

And Scram, I'll stop you, I know you live in Chicago. But you have a twisted world view and nothing anybody ever says will change your mind about the inherent superiority of the white race, so spare me your hand picked statistics. You certainly don't speak for your city, or for self-proclaimed intellectuals for that matter.

I give you Toronto

http://www1.toronto....00071d60f89RCRD

Toronto, with a population of 2.79 million people (5.5 million in the GTA - Greater Toronto Area) is heralded as one of the most multicultural cities in the world and is ranked as the safest large metropolitan area in North America by Places Rated Almanac.

Lets just stop right there, since that's the entire crux of your point and a lot of the rest is filler-rhetoric.

First off, "other than white" groups are not all the same. I realize that to the delusional egalitarians who are trying to make their case in spite of all evidence they like to cite cities like Toronto as if selection-biased Indians and the money-laundering children of Chinese oligarchs make a compelling case for 'diversity' as a whole, but it really doesn't. Your 'problem groups' are the same as ours. You just don't have a lot of them. Yet.

Black Males in Toronto comprise about 4% of the population yet (SURPRISE!) make up about 50% of all murder victims (and the social scientist from whom I got that stat didn't go on to articulate the number that are murderers, but it's going to be grossly disproportionate too)

how-to-build-a-criminal-psychosocial-implications-for-prevention-8-638.jpg

But "Places Rated Almanac" says Toronto is the safest large metro area in North America? Well, that's interesting. Does "Places Rated Almanac" make its rating formula known? Funny thing about those "ratings"...

http://pittsburghtod...-case-scenario/

Some years back, I went to a book remainder sale and bought a "All Cities Rated" type book that was actually a trove of good info. The funny thing was, it rated a number of cities quite highly that I knew to be squalid and unsafe whereas cities that were much cleaner, safer and more robust in opportunites were rated lower. This seemed odd... And how did they arrive at this? Their formula put 'diversity' near the front of their rating algo, meaning that if a city was less diverse, it was hamstrung on all other metrics, largely because if you removed 'diversity' from the equation, there was a blatant correlation between positive/negative factors and race.

Toronto also enjoys the statistical advantage of geographic dilution, no different than New York City which too enjoys labels like "safest big city"

http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.2933456

... in spite of having some of the most dangerous neighborhoods in the country.

So, in short, you're lying.

You may not realize it and your intentions are good, but you're arguing against a huge, inconvenient truth that will only grow harder to wave away as your demography changes.

Do you notice how, even in America, the bigger a city is, the more it leans to the left on social issues?

That's because larger cities tend to have demography that favors the left's loser pandering. Is that really an accomplishment?

"ZOMG THE PEOPLE WHO LIVE HERE ALL VOTE LEFT!"

packard-plant-detroit-34.jpg

... WHEREAS THE RACISTS WHO LIVE HERE ARE ALL RACIST RIGHT WING RACISTS!!

40624-Beautiful-Farm-In-The-Fall.jpg

Some of the most red-pilled white people you will ever meet come from places like New York, Chicago, etc... and if we dropped you in those same places for a few years, the same idealism you're spouting now would likewise dissolve and you'd be forced to change every single thing you believed. .

Besides. You're an admitted scientific racist, so I have no idea why you'd be opposed to any of that. And in time, when your demography-bomb finally gets so bad that 'vibrant diversity' reaches the idealists in the suburbs, you too will find yourself unable to make excuses why 'everything's fine'. Right now, Canada is still 80%+ pure white. Things get 'exciting' once that dips into the 60's and the "poor, oppressed" groups start demanding policy largesse that they themselves (as a group) certainly aren't contributing towards with tax dollars.

The only area where there is a hint of credibility is that Canada gets certain social aspects right that we don't here.

But that's like 20%. The other 80% is your being naive because the consequences of your beliefs are still limited to certain areas in large cities.

I was in Toronto a few years ago, my liberal buddy there was touring us around.

He apologized because we had to avoid some areas because some Caribbean festival was going on and the streets were not safe during the festival.

I was in Toronto a few years ago, my liberal buddy there was touring us around.

He apologized because we had to avoid some areas because some Caribbean festival was going on and the streets were not safe during the festival.

LOL. well that settles it. BG's friend feels uncomfortable while a Caribbean festival is going on in Toronto. Forget everything I've ever said or anything that's ever been written about what a great city Toronto is.

yes. the poor, miserable citizens of Toronto ranked themselves a mere 7.8/10 for how content they are with their lives. 2nd unhappiest city in Canada is like having the second least delicious slice of pizza. It's still delicious.

Toronto ranked best city in the world to live: http://www.blogto.com/city/2015/01/toronto_ranked_the_best_city_to_live_in_the_world/

bonus points for you Scram, this ranking system doesn't even include any diversity categories

Also ranked the 8th safest city in the world. But I guess they probably weren't in the city when that Caribbean festival was going on (and who could blame them? my god, the danger)

LOL. well that settles it. BG's friend feels uncomfortable while a Caribbean festival is going on in Toronto. Forget everything I've ever said or anything that's ever been written about what a great city Toronto is.

Your welcome

To further help you here us the time frame I was talking about.

https://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2011/07/31/festival_marred_by_violence.html

Also ranked the 8th safest city in the world. But I guess they probably weren't in the city when that Caribbean festival was going on (and who could blame them? my god, the danger)

How do you suppose New York City also makes that list while having some of the most dangerous neighborhoods in the entire United States?

Could it be the population density associated with large cities and their ability to 'average away' their problems, particularly when undergoing real estate price booms?

Also, blacks make up such a tiny percentage of Toronto's population yet are so grossly over-represented in murders (just like here).

Why do you suppose that is?

Canadian Oppression?

Your welcome

To further help you here us the time frame I was talking about.

https://www.thestar....y_violence.html

I'm guessing he said not to go to some parts of the city because streets were closed and traffic was a nightmare because of Caribana. Biggest street party in N America and as many as a million people attend the parade. Every hotel room in the city and surrounding area is full that weekend as tens of thousands of Americans come up for the Festival.

Put a million people in the streets and there will be some crime.

1000_2992b5835812681b06f410365e8a521c.jpg

caribbean_parade_20120804_24825483.jpg

Also, blacks make up such a tiny percentage of Toronto's population yet are so grossly over-represented in murders (just like here).

Why do you suppose that is?

Canadian Oppression?

White supremacy, obviously.

I'm guessing he said not to go to some parts of the city because streets were closed and traffic was a nightmare because of Caribana. Biggest street party in N America and as many as a million people attend the parade. Every hotel room in the city and surrounding area is full that weekend as tens of thousands of Americans come up for the Festival.

Put a million people in the streets and there will be some crime.

No he said we needed to avoid places for safety.

But to be honest, Toronto is a pretty awesome city, I hate big cities on principle, and I can't say that there is a better big city in North America than Toronto. Maybe NY for Broadway shows and Patsy's, but all big cities are cess pools and I generally can't wait to leave.

Cape Town is an awesome big city but by far the most dangerous I've been in. Maybe St. Petersburg is worse, but that city was by far the best city in the world before the communist screwed it up.

I'm heading to China in a few days for a 2 week vacation, I'll get to experience Shanghai and Beijing, but without the sites I would avoid those places as well.

Give me a small city and a golf course and I'm content.

I'm dying to go to Calgary (which I hear is a Swiss Tier city) but I can't enter Canada as a tourist without first doing a lot of paperwork.

I'm tempted to do that paperwork. There's a particular investment opportunity there that I want in on.

I lived in Calgary for 10 years. Went to the U of C. It is a very nice city. But you're gonna want to stay off the streets during the Calgary Stampede. Too many drunk cowboys. not safe at all.

Yeah but they're white.

Drunken white people just occasionally turn over cars and break a window or two.

It's not like a stabbing/robbery/rape orgy such as we see when large groups of non-whites decide to celebrate a basketball game.

And listen to me, faggots.

LISTEN. TO. ME.

The Canadian real estate bubble is non-sustainable, nobody argues against that. When the music stops, nobody knows but it's coming. One might think there's absolutely no juice to be squeezed out of that turnip, but they're wrong.

The Maritimes.

20+ years ago, I used to receive a catalog from a company (back when catalogs was how you learned about things) called the HM Dignam Land Corporation. It was basically a seller of lands in Canada, lots of large tracts of Northern Ontario bogland but also in the Maritimes, Western Canada, BC, etc, with good financing terms. I pulled out an old Dignam catalog and compared the prices to today. BC moved a lot, other places not so much... the Maritimes, very little. We're talking 20 years across an absurd real estate boom yet prices that have barely tracked inflation.

Yes, Canada is incredibly land rich and this will never change in 20 lifetimes, meaning that land price growth is very localized, but your recreational/waterfront property market is grossly immature relative to what it offers and the Maritimes offer a lot. If you have kids/grandkids and want to put something away for them for the future, you could do much worse than parking 20k or 30k in a decent direct waterfront parcel on PEI or Cape Breton. Once the reckoning comes and the Orientals who are buying up Canadian cities finally take it up the ass, it's not like they're going to abandon Canada as a whole. They'll do what they did in the US. They'll shift hundreds of billions out of SFD's and into aglands and waterfront parcels.

Yeah but they're white.

Drunken white people just occasionally turn over cars and break a window or two.

It's not like a stabbing/robbery/rape orgy such as we see when large groups of non-whites decide to celebrate a basketball game.

(it was a joke)

(it was a joke)

I live near Coachella, a buddy of mine on the police force was picking up side work working security for Coachella and Stagecoach.

I asked him which one he prefered.

He said Coachella, they just smoke pot and chill.

Stagecoach they get drunk and want to fight.

Yeah. That doesn't surprise me. The entire city of Calgary gets drunk for 10 days during stampede. It used to be worse (better?) when the oil industry was booming. Downtown Calgary would just shut down for 10 days. No work would get done. The oil companies and any other company with a downtown office would throw extravagant parties every day. I remember hearing that one of the biggest bars in town at the time (called "Cowboys" ironically), would spend $100,000 per day on ice.

It's a little more subdued nowadays but still a lot of drinking.

When I was younger I hauled a race boat around the country. We had a race in Saskatoon each year.

The committee putting it on would fill our time with go cart racing, demolition derby, bars etc.

They said they spend 8 months in their garages fixing toys, and 4 months breaking them.

Fun town.