Random News Observations

Literally nobody is saying that.

What they are saying is you shouldn't post certain things on the internet unless you are comfortable with those things potentially being traced back to you.

That is internet 101 and something a lot of keyboard warriors don't seem to understand.

Apparently, it is really cool to promote racist, misogynistic jibberish on the internet until your immediate family, friends, and employers can all see it. Then you are sorry and didn't really mean it.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The most interesting thing about the worlds largest beaver dam is that it was discovered via Google Earth and some guy trekked out there to see it IRL and was the first person to ever set foot in that

Beware of overcharging someone. Thats the #1 lesson learned from the Zimmerman case. He was guilty of avoidable behavior that ultimately culminated in a fatality- manslaughter- but he was not guilty

You should've tried to get on the jury and convince the rest that he was not guilty.

Posted Images

What they are saying is you shouldn't post certain things on the internet unless you are comfortable with those things potentially being traced back to you.

That is internet 101 and something a lot of keyboard warriors don't seem to understand.

Apparently, it is really cool to promote racist, misogynistic jibberish on the internet until your immediate family, friends, and employers can all see it. Then you are sorry and didn't really mean it.

You first said "literally nobody is saying that" and then went on to say that is exactly what they are saying.

Anonymous speech was central to advancing all sorts of causes associated with the left in the 50's and 60'. It was central to the founding of the country itself, where several founding fathers wrote pseudonymously.

Now that the left won the culture war and is the enforcer of their own social taboos, they've abandoned the idea of free speech and expression and taken up the mantle of OH YEAH WELL WHAT IF YOUR EMPLOYER SEES THIS?? MAYBE I OUGHT TO TELL THEM!! which is exactly the same tactic the right used against the left during the McCarthy era, when they controlled the taboos.

Or... Remember the social justice minded fella who harangued the girl working at Chic Fil A? Last report, he was homeless in an RV and on food stamps.

https://www.usatoday...emoir/70629290/

What you're saying is, you're OK with that? Someone takes a stand for gay marriage and rights, the religious-right (and the internet's general disdain for self-righteous dbags) ruins their life and renders them onto the fringes of society? You're cool with that outcome for someone standing up to Chic Fil A over their position in gay marriage? Or is it 'different' there because he was advocating for a cause you supported? I don't think you're aware of that knife cutting both ways.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/16/living/feat-public-shaming-ronson/index.html

Now the CNN/libtard position is that no one should be allowed to say anything in the Internet unless they are willing to attach their real identity to it.

Because only then can the 1st amendment be used as the founding fathers intended.

How is saying you shouldn't be allowed to post something without attaching your identity to it the same thing as warning those who post things on the internet that those things could eventually trace back to you?

Those aren't the same thing. One is what the entirety of your response is addressing (and what BG is falsely accusing) while what I said and what the media is ACTUALLY saying is if you post something on the internet you should be prepared for it to come back to you because in today's technological age, there is a strong likelihood it can and will be traced back to you.

Of course I'm not against the things you listed. But that doesn't mean those people shouldn't be aware that posting something on the internet may very well have repercussions on their actual lives regardless of what message they are promoting. The rule applies to everyone. It doesn't matter if they are spewing racism or standing up for gay marriage. If you post something, the moral police or the religious right or whatever group you want to use as your example can and often will come after you.

OK then I guess we agree on the basic premise of actual reality: that if you say anything or take a stand on anything on the internet, there is a chance that people on the other side of that issue will use that same internet to attack you over it.

The question I think the CNN thing raises is whether or not the commercial media (as an institution of American life) is some kind of moral church that gets to decide who gets a pass for what they say versus who gets the full force of their power. This is sort of like moral hazard of 'police officer discretion' where a certain class of people get the benefit of discretion whereas another class of people get the rigorous application of the letter of the law... all at the whim of an authority figure, according to whether or not he "likes" the person he's dealing with.

It never turns out well, what CNN did there was pretty morally repugnant.

https://twitter.com/...476820900937728

Fake News CNN just can't help itself. It literally can't help itself from lying about Trump.

Sooner they collapse the better for civilization

Do you think your side reports accurately and fairly?

Do you think Donald Trump is truthful?

You don't seem to be bothered that the right wing media does the same exact thing or that the President you helped to elect lies about every thing imaginable. That doesn't matter because they share your viewpoints. CNN is the real enemy here.

You're such an idiot it is past the point of pathetic.

"does the exact same thing"

"lies about everything"

Feel free to link all these examples. After all they do it everyday and he lies about everything. Should be a piece of cake to find a current example.

In the mean time Trump is meeting with leaders of the world dealing with the mess left behind by leftist policies.

The left now was to say that the phrase 'the west' is code for neo-nazis and all-right. Guess all our countries are fascist born.

I heard the G20 summit got delayed while Trudeau was locked in the women's bathroom.

Here I even found a list from your other favorite news source.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/06/23/opinion/trumps-lies.html

NYT just had to issue a correction on the 17 intelligence agencies that confirmed Trump was colluding with the Russians. After reporting it for 6 months as fact, they had to admit they were lying.

Know what their source was?

The Clinton campaign.

Come on BG, you're dumber than I thought if you don't believe this happens on both sides of the media. You just want to point at CNN because they hold opposing viewpoints and often times are fairly criticizing the President and/or the GOP.

Former conservative radio show host Charlie Sykes on the right wing propaganda machine:

"For years, as a conservative radio talk show host, I played a role in that conditioning by hammering the mainstream media for its bias and double standards. But the price turned out to be far higher than I imagined. The cumulative effect of the attacks was to delegitimize those outlets and essentially destroy much of the right’s immunity to false information. We thought we were creating a savvier, more skeptical audience. Instead, we opened the door for President Trump, who found an audience that could be easily misled."

Former conservative radio show host Charlie Sykes on the right wing propaganda machine:

"For years, as a conservative radio talk show host, I played a role in that conditioning by hammering the mainstream media for its bias and double standards. But the price turned out to be far higher than I imagined. The cumulative effect of the attacks was to delegitimize those outlets and essentially destroy much of the right’s immunity to false information. We thought we were creating a savvier, more skeptical audience. Instead, we opened the door for President Trump, who found an audience that could be easily misled."

This is true.

The New York Times is fake news, though.

rQhRjoA.png

To a certain extent sure. That's the nature of the media right now. Everything is politicized. It doesn't mean everything they report is fake, but it certainly doesn't mean everything they report is true. It's not like CNN or the New York Times are the only ones doing this type of stuff. Fox does it. Breitbart does it. They all do it to a certain extent.

And yes, this example is particularly egregious.

Any of you guys watched "Nobody Speak, Trials of the Free Press" on Netflix?

I highly recommend it. If you aren't familiar with it, it details the Hulk Hogan vs. Gawker trial which has a certain amount of comedic value, but also dives deeper into the lengths that the ultra wealthy will go to silence the media

Guys like Sheldon Adelson and Peter Thiel. Definitely worth a watch.