Random News Observations

Yeaaaaa, you might want to look into how many non white on white rapes and murders there are before you act like I cherry picked this.

Pick a country, Muslims rape nonbelievers regardless of skin color on either victim or assailant.

I picked this story because it happened to be in the headlines, right under "Trump might be Hitler, donate money to Democrats so we can find out and stop him before he stops men from using women's toilets"

I don't think you cherry picked it. I think it worked it's way into your online presence because it's exactly the type of story that the alt-right anti-PC simpletons will work themselves up about until they are frothing at the mouth over the injustice of a society gone soft. Then it gets shared a million times and a story about an overzealous police officer who certainly should have looked past the $50 fine for using pepper spray in this case morphs into a story about a woman's inability to protect herself against a violent probably-not-white guy because things aren't like they were in the good old days.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The most interesting thing about the worlds largest beaver dam is that it was discovered via Google Earth and some guy trekked out there to see it IRL and was the first person to ever set foot in that

Beware of overcharging someone. Thats the #1 lesson learned from the Zimmerman case. He was guilty of avoidable behavior that ultimately culminated in a fatality- manslaughter- but he was not guilty

You should've tried to get on the jury and convince the rest that he was not guilty.

Posted Images

from "Dark Money" by Jane Mayer. Almost makes me feel sorry for the Koch Brothers

Jessica Pressler‏Verified account

@jpressler

I feel like every article on the Koch brothers should note that as small children they had a Nazi governess who made them shit on command

DAmkRGuWsAIC4rV.jpg

DNC fundraising is way down, and they are fighting a costly lawsuit for rigging their election from Bernie supporters.

They can't raise money because they are losing so much and they have no message.

Add to it Trump bringing in jobs putting unions to work and the dems are in serious trouble.

May want to buy all the DNC merchandise you can, they may collapse as a party soon and you'll have a collectors item.

DAmkRGuWsAIC4rV.jpg

... and those boys went on to take the helm of a family business, grow it exponentially into a multi-billion dollar concern all the while becoming two of the most influential men on the planet. .

Not exactly a compelling tale for the Montessori method of child self-actualization, lessn' you actually want your kids growing up to be losers.

Turns out, being able to control your own bowels is the first step on the path of understanding how to control everything else.

Is there any doubt whatsoever this man shit his pants well into middle adolescence?

21b.png

I mean, I totally voted for him, he was our only viable option for a national health plan but seriously.

He ain't no Koch brother.

Also, minor point of fact, but the Koch brothers early toilet training is an example of what 'well regulated' actually means. It doesn't mean 'controlled by the government'. It means 'highly trained and ready to act at a moments notice'.

This is mostly about a crazy person most likely but most terrorists are also mentally distured. I'm looking forward to Trump's tweet this morning decrying this sort of hate crime and offering sympathy to the victims.

Witnesses: Man Cut the Throats of Two MAX Passengers Who Tried to Stop Anti-Muslim Bullying of Women on Northeast Portland Train

This is mostly about a crazy person most likely but most terrorists are also mentally distured. I'm looking forward to Trump's tweet this morning decrying this sort of hate crime and offering sympathy to the victims.

Witnesses: Man Cut the Throats of Two MAX Passengers Who Tried to Stop Anti-Muslim Bullying of Women on Northeast Portland Train

Do you think Trump is cool with this?

I mean, I seriously doubt that anyone is OK with public transit throat slashings, including Trump.

The "DO YOU DISAVOW..." bullshit is the old "make him deny ****ing pigs" political trope.

Do you think Trump is cool with this?

I mean, I seriously doubt that anyone is OK with public transit throat slashings, including Trump.

The "DO YOU DISAVOW..." bullshit is the old "make him deny ****ing pigs" political trope.

no I don't think he's cool with it I think he won't care. My point is that if the knife wielder was Muslim there would be some tweet from him about it and about protecting Americans from the dangers

That would be because if a Muslim slashed peoples throats on a train, it would be evidence of a terrorist attack,

This was a domestic hate crime. They're two completely different things.

The desperate equivalency people are trying to draw between this and Muslims is incredibly weak

Or, to put it another way, if some despondent husband shoots and kills his wife, her lover and two other poor saps who happen to be in the house, that's not the same thing as Ali Ackbar shooting up a cafe and killing 4 people in the name of the Islamic State.

That would be because if a Muslim slashed peoples throats on a train, it would be evidence of a terrorist attack,

This was a domestic hate crime. They're two completely different things.

The desperate equivalency people are trying to draw between this and Muslims is incredibly weak

Or, to put it another way, if some despondent husband shoots and kills his wife, her lover and two other poor saps who happen to be in the house, that's not the same thing as Ali Ackbar shooting up a cafe and killing 4 people in the name of the Islamic State.

Hate is hate and I see this guy having an awful lot in common with a domestic Muslim terrorist

Suspect in Portland Hate Crime Murders is a Known White Supremacist

Hate is hate and I see this guy having an awful lot in common with a domestic Muslim terrorist

Suspect in Portland Hate Crime Murders is a Known White Supremacist

I'm sure he has at least some things in common with Average Canadians, too.

The point here is that what he did was a grossly anti-social act perpetrated in the name of his own hatred and lunacy. The people who were killed weren't killed to invoke a generalized sense of terror in the population, but because they confronted a lunatic and he wound up stabbing them.

I could maybe buy 'terrorism' if he stabbed the Islamists on the train but he didn't. He verbally harassed them.

He stabbed the two dudes who 'intervened'.

All that link does is prove- in spades- that this guy was a very clearly mentally ill lunatic, as the police in his area already knew.

He was clearly someone who has no place in society but again, this is what happens when THERE ARE NO MENTAL HEALTH INSTITUTIONS, NOR LEGAL MECHANISMS IN PLACE, TO COMMIT LOONS TO PSYCHIATRIC FACILITIES SUCH AS THERE WERE UP UNTIL THE 1980'S. IF THERE WERE, THIS MAN WOULD HAVE BEEN IN THE OREGON STATE HOSPITAL ALREADY.

This point cannot go understated. We used to lock loons up. The left fought a crusade to give them 'rights' and to 'free' them.

Well, now they're free. Now they have 'rights' and you cannot arrest them until they finally do something.

This is what you get.

Enjoy it.

I saw screen grabs from his face book page; he was anti Hillary, Anti Trump, then posted something pro-Trump but it could have been sarcastic.

But he said he voted for Bernie

This is what a successful luxury hotel owner is like. Izzy Sharp should be a model for all business owners.

FYI, the Trump Hotel and condo in Toronto went bankrupt amid many lawsuits while the Four Seasons is a massive success. To be fair though Trump wasn't the owner, just lent the Trump name and hotel management.

People power: How a modest motel in a seedy Toronto neighbourhood grew into the Four Seasons luxury brand

I'm sure he has at least some things in common with Average Canadians, too.

The point here is that what he did was a grossly anti-social act perpetrated in the name of his own hatred and lunacy. The people who were killed weren't killed to invoke a generalized sense of terror in the population, but because they confronted a lunatic and he wound up stabbing them.

I could maybe buy 'terrorism' if he stabbed the Islamists on the train but he didn't. He verbally harassed them.

He stabbed the two dudes who 'intervened'.

All that link does is prove- in spades- that this guy was a very clearly mentally ill lunatic, as the police in his area already knew.

He was clearly someone who has no place in society but again, this is what happens when THERE ARE NO MENTAL HEALTH INSTITUTIONS, NOR LEGAL MECHANISMS IN PLACE, TO COMMIT LOONS TO PSYCHIATRIC FACILITIES SUCH AS THERE WERE UP UNTIL THE 1980'S. IF THERE WERE, THIS MAN WOULD HAVE BEEN IN THE OREGON STATE HOSPITAL ALREADY.

This point cannot go understated. We used to lock loons up. The left fought a crusade to give them 'rights' and to 'free' them.

Well, now they're free. Now they have 'rights' and you cannot arrest them until they finally do something.

This is what you get.

Enjoy it.

This article is on point for this discussion.

White Male Terrorists Are an Issue We Should Discuss

This article is on point for this discussion.

White Male Terrorists Are an Issue We Should Discuss

Nobody is suggesting that white male terrorists cannot exist nor that they should go ignored.

What people are very rightly pointing out is that whenever a white male commits a crime involving minorities, it's not 'terrorism' by default.

Some examples of white male terrorists: Tim McVeigh, totally cool applying that label to Dylan Roof, Anders Brevik, etc.

Some guy says mean words to Muslims, white knights 'intervene' and they wind up getting stabbed?

Not terrorism. Arguably a hate crime, but not terrorism. It's two guys who confronted a massive assshole (and again, unarguably a mentally ill lunatic- go watch videos of him) and bit off more than they could chew.

The problem with terminology perversion and weaponized labels is that eventually, the label gets spread so wide that it's diluted down to nothing. The word 'racist' is a classic example of this.

It used to be reserved to people who demonstrated hatred towards certain races.

Now, it's levied as a charge against anyone who notices trends in those same groups and doesn't accept various post-modern academic theories that attempt to rationalize them in rather ridiculous terms.

I hope we don't go down the road of perverting the 'terrorist' label, too.

• Like 1