9th Court Overturns Arizona’s Proof Of Citizenship Requirement For Voter Re

right.http://www.commondreams.org/headlines04/0922-03.htmbut hey voter fraud and intimidation only works against conservatives, duh!
yup happens so often you have to go clear back to 2004 on a liberal website to find "accusations" got any prosecuted cases?Yup it's whitey's keepin' the brother down (lets not forget that most of the "disenfranchisement" of 2002 came in places ran by Democrats.)edit: and lets not forget Obama's Justis dept statement that only white people should be prosecuted.
yup happens so often you have to go clear back to 2004 on a liberal website to find "accusations" got any prosecuted cases?Yup it's whitey's keepin' the brother down (lets not forget that most of the "disenfranchisement" of 2002 came in places ran by Democrats.)
So, I can bring up some things and you can bring up some things right?Glad we ended that debate. I don't care as long as one side doesn't pretend they are ones who always play fair.Also, 2004 was the last time they lost.....winners don't complain usually as this thread is illustrating. But hey if it hasn't happened in 6 years it probably never happened. Guess who ran the justice department back then? Might be why there are no prosecuted cases....just like now.
He's an actuary now. He can't be bothered with a menial teller position.
Wells isnt hiring at the banks. We have 20k wells Fargo jobs in dsm and there is a huge new business line coming in to dsm. DES moines is one of wells fargo's main hubs. Strat would be working mortgages, with a lot of possible vertical mobility.
What about college students, people working overseas, and those in the military?I have spent many years working at poles and being a precinct committeeman, more years than most of you have been alive, and one of my favorite things has always been watching really old shut-ins come to vote when young able-bodied people couldn't be bothered.
I mentioned setting up polls at nursing homes, that could easily extend to bases and campuses. Long term hopefully the internet becomes secure and we can have fingerprint/retna scanners and vote online.
Wells isnt hiring at the banks. We have 20k wells Fargo jobs in dsm and there is a huge new business line coming in to dsm. DES moines is one of wells fargo's main hubs. Strat would be working mortgages, with a lot of possible vertical mobility.I mentioned setting up polls at nursing homes, that could easily extend to bases and campuses. Long term hopefully the internet becomes secure and we can have fingerprint/retna scanners and vote online.
truthfully, if I could go back in time and make the right moves--get a different degree, forget the market--I probably would. I'm a hyper-competitive asshole. it really, really burns me to think that I've maneuvered myself into maybe 25th percentile in terms of life-accomplishments amongst my public high school class. and yet, I still can't suck it up and make myself move to DM and start some kind of a career. it's shameful, and I couldn't hate myself more over it.we could do internet voting today if the public could be convinced to trust it. supposedly there are encryption/hash-checking schemes that would allow you to go back and check online to be sure that your vote was cast as intended, which would help cut down on voter fraud. that's something that could be included in today's system that the polling station could just print on a receipt for the voter.
we could do internet voting today if the public could be convinced to trust it. supposedly there are encryption/hash-checking schemes that would allow you to go back and check online to be sure that your vote was cast as intended, which would help cut down on voter fraud. that's something that could be included in today's system that the polling station could just print on a receipt for the voter.
I don't know if you heard the story, but some place out east they were going to try internet voting, and they announced that they wanted hackers to try to break into the system. If they did, they would win a prize... and some high level computer programming class at some university broke into it as part of a class project.
I don't know if you heard the story, but some place out east they were going to try internet voting, and they announced that they wanted hackers to try to break into the system. If they did, they would win a prize... and some high level computer programming class at some university broke into it as part of a class project.
we rely on security via obscurity in a lot of government systems. or, shit's so fragmented/old that it makes it difficult to hurt us as a whole (the nation's electrical system, per a recent report). this isn't real security and internet voting would probably go the same way. that doesn't mean we can't just have an attitude adjustment and start listening to security experts before we do it.I'm not an expert, I would think a well-implemented e-voting system would be more secure than the diebold nonsense we use in so many places today.
So that's how you become a community organizer...
we rely on security via obscurity in a lot of government systems. or, shit's so fragmented/old that it makes it difficult to hurt us as a whole (the nation's electrical system, per a recent report). this isn't real security and internet voting would probably go the same way. that doesn't mean we can't just have an attitude adjustment and start listening to security experts before we do it.I'm not an expert, I would think a well-implemented e-voting system would be more secure than the diebold nonsense we use in so many places today.
I agree. We trust our banks to do this, for instance.
I agree. We trust our banks to do this, for instance.
not that either one is perfect but i trust our banks with security more then our government. that is based solely on proven track record of course.
not that either one is perfect but i trust our banks with security more then our government. that is based solely on proven track record of course.
My point was that its technologically feasible to create a reasonably secure system. It's not like in-person voting is impervious to fraud.
My point was that its technologically feasible to create a reasonably secure system. It's not like in-person voting is impervious to fraud.
We could just implant a RFD chip into everyone's forehead, or hand...