• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FCP Bob

• Zach6668

• digitalmonkey

• serge

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and sorry about not having everything up to date yet contract wise. I'll be working on that the next couple days and will have it all done hopefully before the weekend but if not over the weekend for

Unlike other predictions, these are meant to insult and offend both finalists.   #1 Eddie Shack Conference vs #1 Tiger Williams Conference   Steelheads (56-25-1) +/- 167 vs Big M (52-25-5) +/-

AHL GM's European Summit 2015 was a blast! Whalers really embraced the culture....     As per tradition of trades whenever owners cross paths... Whalers and Swackers have agreed to swap .25 both

Posted Images

OK everyone, you need to take a serious look at what's available here. These players won't necessarily be available to you at the FA draft, so if you want them you need to get at me. Best way is the AHL forum PM

D Jake Gardiner, TOR. 2.00

D Marek Zidlicky, DET. 5.25

F Derek Roy, EDM. 1.75

F Brooks Laich, WAS 1.75

F Jason Pominville, MIN. 5.75

F Bobby Ryan, OTT. 7.00

F Brian Flynn, MTL. .50

F Daniil Tarasov, SJ. .50

F Jack Skille, CLB. .50

F Jordan Martinook, ARI. .50

F Tuomo Ruutu, NJ. 1.00

F Nicklas Bergfors 1.00

F Steve Ott, STL. 1.25

F Erik Cole 1.50

F Johan Franzen, DET. 3.25

F Alexander Semin, MTL 8.25

G Minnesota 2.00

G NY Rangers 27.75

I don't know if that's true... or if you're being sarcastic. Ha.

ya, sorry, sarcasm. :)

i think you yourself (or was it Dale?) showed a history of the last couple of deals you guys made, wasnt pretty.

I hate 4 for 1's, if Im giving up the 1. And I love Scheifele, Im prob biased.

ya, sorry, sarcasm. :)

i think you yourself (or was it Dale?) showed a history of the last couple of deals you guys made, wasnt pretty.

I hate 4 for 1's, if Im giving up the 1. And I love Scheifele, Im prob biased.

Well, every trade up until now has been present for future. Returns will look better if Kuznetsov gets up to peak soon.

I got unlucky at least once too. In one trade, Bob gave me the choice of two D prospects he valued similarly. I picked Sproul over Krug, who basically immediately broke out after being completely unknown.

I don't remember the rest, but circumstances played into most of them. Early on I was stuck with a shitty situation from the previous GM. Had to move contracts. Then had to rebuild so moved some cheaper D men for the best return could... I mean, because of these deals (and others), I've put together a pretty deep crew of young forwards, just waiting for them to breakout...

Oh, another was Burmistrov well before he flaked. He was playing in the NHL at 18... =/. He's still on my team, so we'll see how he ends up now that he's back.

This one was a steal for Bob.

Shortstackers get:

Brett Sterling, Farm, PIT

Shootloose 3rd Round Pick

Big Ms get:

Shortstackers 3rd Round Pick

To clarify both the draft picks are in the 2010 draft.

Shoot Loose pick is 57th overall and Shortstackers pick is 56th overall.

Jan 15, 2011:

The Shortstackers receive.

Brandon Sutter - F - Carolina

Evgeny Kuznetsov - F - Washington (Farm)

Linus Klasen - F - Nashville (Reserve) - since I would have dropped him anyway to make room

Big M's first round pick in the 2012 AHL Draft

Big M's second round pick in the 2012 AHL Draft

The Big M's receive.

Brad Richards - F - Dallas

Ales Hemsky - F - Edmonton

Shortstackers first round pick in the 2012 AHL Draft

Shortstackers third round pick in the 2012 AHL Draft

This was a big one.

I made a mistake including my 1st in this trade. I think I just overlooked it, thinking 1st for 1st, whatever, and also didn't realize how bad my team would become.

Sutter had a 21 goal, 19 assist breakout season the year before and was not supposed to be as bad as he ended up. He's still on my team though, and has been useful in some situations.

Richards had one year left on his deal at $5.50... I think Hemsky was a rental and too expensive. He ended up being traded by Bob in the off-season to Swackers who signed him for one year at $7.50

Both were on the downside of their career and weren't doing me any good having them around, so I got the guy who was universally considered one of the best prospects in hockey, and the best player not in the NHL.

Also upgraded a 3rd to a 2nd.

I don't know, I don't think I got objectively killed here.

I think this was a great trade. Because of all the forwards you have you can afford to give up Scheifele to improve your D. You got 4 assets for 1 with Keith and Enstrom automatic starts on your team, Bouwmeester as a depth D and Wikstrand a good and cheap dman prospect.

On the other hand, Bob could afford to give up dmen and managed to shed some salary with Keith and Enstrom. Being able to sign Scheifele for $3.75 for 3 years is obviously good for any future cap issues.

I'm curious if you would have eventually made this deal if Bob doesn't include Wikstrand and also if Bob could've got Toffoli instead.

This one worked out well for me. Grabner went on a ridiculous tear immiediately following this trade (Jan 21, 2011) and ended up with 34 goals and a Calder nomination. He was useful for another season or two before fading into obscurity and being packaged with Morgan Reilly for Schiefele and Hertl. I don't think the 2nd rounder turned into anybody interesting.

Shortstackers get:

M.Grabner NYI FWD (farm)

Ingmen's 2nd rounder this year

Whalers get:

A. McDonald STL FWD

$1 in 11-12

$2 in 12-13

76 SHORTSTACKERS Fredrik Pettersson ATL F

77 THE BIG M'S Tyson Barrie COL D

oops

56 THE BIG M'S Ryan Spooner BOS F

57 SHORTSTACKERS Tyler Toffoli LAK F

I remember this one. I was drafting off of a list for Zach and we both had Spooner higher than Toffoli. If I don't take Spooner he would have taken him with his pick

To Shortstackers:

2012 Shortstackers 1st Round Pick (3rd overall)

Alex Burmistrov F - WPG (Farm)

Ryan Whitney - D - EDM

Paul Martin - D - PIT

To Big M's:

Keith Yandle - D - PHX

Duncan Keith - D - CHI

$7.00 12/13 Cash

Hmm... Yandle and Keith were super cheap. I didn't have to move them, but I was desperate to get my 1st rounder back from the previous screw up. Burmistrov was still a good prospect. Whitney was a decent scorer still, and Martin was putting up decent points on the Pens. Not great, though. Notice how Keith is still just $4 now that he's back on my team. Yikes. Not sure what became of Yandle. Somewhere I traded Martin back to Bob too, lol. I almost got him back today, too.

oops

56 THE BIG M'S Ryan Spooner BOS F

57 SHORTSTACKERS Tyler Toffoli LAK F

I remember this one. I was drafting off of a list for Zach and we both had Spooner higher than Toffoli. If I don't take Spooner he would have taken him with his pick

You traded Spooner for Ryan Smyth though, so...