• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FCP Bob

• Zach6668

• digitalmonkey

• serge

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and sorry about not having everything up to date yet contract wise. I'll be working on that the next couple days and will have it all done hopefully before the weekend but if not over the weekend for

Unlike other predictions, these are meant to insult and offend both finalists.   #1 Eddie Shack Conference vs #1 Tiger Williams Conference   Steelheads (56-25-1) +/- 167 vs Big M (52-25-5) +/-

AHL GM's European Summit 2015 was a blast! Whalers really embraced the culture....     As per tradition of trades whenever owners cross paths... Whalers and Swackers have agreed to swap .25 both

Posted Images

Man... going through these old trades. Cash was basically worthless. I got $2 for COLIN GREENING. And I was throwing around $7 here, $7 there, in like every trade.

yup, there was nothing to use money at the draft so it had less relative value

Shortstackers Receive:

Ryan Sproul - D - DET (farm)

Dan Carcillo - F - CHI (reserve)

Joey Crabb - F - WSH

$0.75 in 14/15

$0.75 in 15/16

Big M's Receive:

Fedor Tyutin - D - CLB

Paul Martin - D - PIT

Here's the one where Bob gave me the choice of Sproul or Krug. Sproul ended up winning like WHL D-man of the year or something, got in an NHL game a couple years ago, but has been a complete waste since. I still have some hope, but I don't think he'll ever do much. Obviously we all know what Krug did. I feel like he came completely out of nowhere, but maybe I wasn't looking in the right spots.

Anyways... I think this trade addresses my major weakness, which is obviously defense. Last year, I went into the auction and built a very solid defense with pick up Mike Green, Nik Kronwall, Zdeno Chara, and Christian Ehrhoff (in addition to already signed Dennis Wideman and Nick Holden, plus farm sensation Mat Dumba). I can only re-sign Mike Green, and I have about $20 less than I did going into the auction last year, so I couldn't replicate my success, even if I tried.

So here I get a top end D in Keith at $4. He's getting older, but he should still be productive for a while. If he's in the first group next summer, I'll be happy to re-sign him for $6.

Enstrom is certainly a gamble at $4. He's not his 40-50 point self anymore, but he's solid, and there's still the chance he can revert to those numbers if he stays healthy. Still managed to put up a 0.225 last year, which is quite good.

Bouwmeester should just be a steady contributor in the high 0.100s, with some luck he'll get back to form from two seasons ago where he was a 0.250 guy.

Wikstrand has some hype coming up, and he's certainly the wild card here. He could make the Sens out of camp, or be a bust and go back to Sweden. His pro numbers were impressive last year.

Schiefele, well, I really like him. I think he has 70 point potential, and his contract won't be prohibitive for a number of years. That said, it's also possible he peaks out at 50 points, or reverts into a more defensive third line role. I think the former is more likely, though. I was also asked to move Mark Stone instead of Scheifele, but decided I'd rather hang on to Stone (who also happened to be cheaper). I think this is overused in the AHL, but it did play into my decision a little that I also had Stafford and Burmistrov on the Jets.

I think it was a pretty fair trade for both sides, to be honest. I think I improved my team a lot, though. Scheifele is pretty replaceable. I've got a dozen forwards who have the same potential as Scheifele has, I imagine one or two of them could blow up soon. Teravainen, S. Bennett, Hertl, Couturier, Kuznetsov... plus MacKinnon, Zucker, Toffoli, Grigorenko, Jurco, B. Bennett, Burmistrov... Palat and Stone leading the way... I could afford to move a forward like Schiefele.

This helps out my auction strategy significantly as well, but I won't get too far into that just yet.

I think 2009 was the worst draft since I've been in the pool. I think this year will be the best.

the best was the year after the lockout since we didn't do a draft the year before so we had a double year of players plus we were drafting Juniors still

I think 2009 was the worst draft since I've been in the pool.

You trying to say something about those of us who started that year? :)

who was that group? me, zach, chris, biatch, jason, jp....anyone else im forgetting? john was following year.

Nice trades, Arp. Fabbri is a steal for Jack Johnson and Arcomez.

thanks.

not completely sold on Fabbri, but I cant afford to keep everyone, so I had to move out some players I thought were at least somewhat replaceable.

I feel left out with all this trading going on. Looking to trade some D. I have:

Yandle-NYR D signed for $8.25 for 15/16

Garrison-TBL D can be signed for $2.25/2.25/2.25

Looking for a F. Not interested in a high priced F for Garrison but I am open as far as Yandle

.I know people are trying to shed high price talent. I have enough cash to keep Yandle. So the F I am seeking can have some 15/16 salary

Please send my your best offer or close to it. To say I have very little spare time this week would be an understatement. Big 9/15 accounting deadline plus a family wedding + a race on Saturday = ZIPPO free time

Is someone ever going to teach JP how to spell?

How many times does he spell "know" as "no"

Its like reading a grade one's english assignment.

• Like 1