• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Nat and Kat, 1st all female team to win TAR.Not a bad final episode, though that retarded Katy Perry song tried to ruin it for me.LOL at Jill and Thomas getting a completely clueless cabbie. I can't believe they stayed with him so long, though they may have been stuck in an area where there aren't many other cabs. I wonder if they even finished the race, or even figured out the Quixote Studio clue.Yeah, CBS really thought we're clueless with that editing, but what are they supposed to do, I guess? It was real obvious they were trying to make it look close when they made it look like Brook/Clair finished the last challenge in like 90 seconds. No way were they going to catch up. Nat and Kat were gone before they even showed up, and was the traffic going to magically disappear for them?Decent race, but I thought this cast was kind of blah.

Pearlplayer on stars. My team gets a cab driver in the States that doesn't know what the google is ? WTF ?
Isn't not speaking great english the stereotype of American cab drivers? I wasn't suprised at all. They should have went down the line and quizzed them the way Nat and Kat did.My favorite part of the preview for next season was when Phil said they are filming in HD. FINALLY!
That's just a recap from the promo tonight. At the end it says "Stay tuned for the final list!".I'm not saying that list is wrong, but whatever. Why would the ivy league singers be in an all-star cast?
I just saw another website that showed 11 teams... which would make more sense, but I won't post anymore links since I'm seeing different names pop up and I'm not sure how accurate they are.

Not sure what to make of the promo or the eonline link. They can't possibly have all these teams returning.In the link Tanner posted, there is mention of 15 teams. I rewatched the promo and they also show the basketball sisters from season 14, the gay brothers (Sam and Dan) from season 15, the 1st team eliminated, Team Dumbass and Chad/Stephanie from this season, the tall guy and his mom (Toni and Dallas) from season 13, and the grandson/grandpa team from season 12. So who knows?I don't think it's really an all-star season. They made the Unfinished Business theme look like they're bringing back teams who have had penalties cost them big in the race. Seems like it's teams getting a second chance.I just hope they bring back enough popular, likable teams for this. Most of the teams I saw in the promo I really don't want to watch again.I'm cool with Jet and Cord coming back, def like to see Aspergers team and Globetrotters again, father-son Mel/Mike and the detectives were ok, and I could live with seeing the frat boys from season 12 and the cheerleaders from season 14 again.I bet they bring back Brook/Claire and maybe even Nick/Vicki because that 6 hour penalty killed their hopes.I really don't want to see anyone else from this season, and definitely not Tiffany/Maria or Margie/Luke.

I just saw another website that showed 11 teams... which would make more sense, but I won't post anymore links since I'm seeing different names pop up and I'm not sure how accurate they are.
Yeah, I found a site that said they're 99% sure of the 11 teams.Not very excited. I think I counted 5 that I want to see again.

I seriously may not watch next season if

Gary and Mallory

are in the line up, cannot stand them at all, or specifically

her

. Also not a fan of

Jet and Cord

and

the Globetrotters

at all but it seems likely they will be in it too. Other than that I don't recognise most of the names in the most recently posted link, but from what I know I would support

Zev and Justin

. I remember being really annoyed when they were eliminated. I don't think I have watched seasons

or

.Very happy with the result of this season, the final 3 finished in the exact order of my preference. Didn't seem like a close run at all but the taxi is always a wildcard factor that can bring down any team.

I seriously may not watch next season if

Gary and Mallory

are in the line up, cannot stand them at all, or specifically

her

. Also not a fan of

Jet and Cord

and

the Globetrotters

at all but it seems likely they will be in it too. Other than that I don't recognise most of the names in the most recently posted link, but from what I know I would support

Zev and Justin

. I remember being really annoyed when they were eliminated. I don't think I have watched seasons

or

.Very happy with the result of this season, the final 3 finished in the exact order of my preference. Didn't seem like a close run at all but the taxi is always a wildcard factor that can bring down any team.

So basically, you hate nice people.
So basically, you hate nice people.
I agree with LadyGrey about Gary and Mallory. There are 5 or 6 teams from this past season I would have picked ahead of them. At least give Mallory a new partner, Gary sucks!
agreed-- shows no matter how great/nice /fun you are somebody will not like you--- the globetrotters are awesome! so much fun to watch!
I wouldn't classify the Globetrotters as "nice." They got pissed off at other teams a lot and held grudges moreso than most of the other teams. Just because they act goofy in front of the cameras doesn't mean they were nice.I did like them though. Just no puzzle challenges for Big Easy... you know producers are going to throw a lot of those in there now lol.
agreed-- shows no matter how great/nice /fun you are somebody will not like you--- the globetrotters are awesome! so much fun to watch!
I hated the Globetrotters. I thought they were self-entitled and underhanded. They didn't show it much, but I have had personal experience with large people who call you a midget behind your back and, if things aren't going well for them, to your face. Intimidation is a big factor for guys like that. Their "nice guy" act was only partly true.

I don't think I can handle another season of Deafy and his mom. It really showed how much he relys on her in every aspect of his life, pretty sure she made him that way. They said they were on the show to show how deaf people can do things yet he did nothing. Boring.

I don't know what we are spoiling but I'll play along. When is the big reveal of the cast? They'll have them on the cbs website soon enough I'm sure.

I loved the Globetrotters and the Cowboys (who were the team I drafted last season) but didn't think they were particularly "nice." They were entertaining and that's all I care about. Mallory was annoying and I couldn't stand how Team Asian's dad was treated. (even if he was useless) Zev and Justin were pretty cool I remember. I didn't watch season 14 and don't remember a ton about season 12 but I think I liked Father/Daughter and didn't care for the goths.

Alright, nevermind.
I de-generalized it so you could better understand the context. If you've never had someone use their size to try and intimidate you, maybe you'll never understand. And I'm not talking about sports, where it's understood that this will occur. I'm simply saying I saw elements of it in their "game", like the time they were taunting the chick who was afraid of heights and water, yet she had to do a tower water slide...That's all.
I de-generalized it so you could better understand the context. If you've never had someone use their size to try and intimidate you, maybe you'll never understand. And I'm not talking about sports, where it's understood that this will occur. I'm simply saying I saw elements of it in their "game", like the time they were taunting the chick who was afraid of heights and water, yet she had to do a tower water slide...That's all.
That was the one place where it was understandable. They were fighting for the last spot, if that girl goes down the waterslide the Globetrotters go home.Kind of like in this season where Chad was taunting Nat and Kat. He had never insulted any other teams during a challenge except in that one because he knew that they were probably fighting for the last spot.It is ok to fight to stay in the game, I don't count that as being intimidating. There are other people who are jerks all the time and their attitude towards themselves and other teams are a detriment like Nick this season. I don't think the Globetrotters fall into this category.
  • 1 month later...