Random Ncaa Football Observations Thread

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Lucas allowed this to happen, which he should for the free press, Ole Miss would quickly become my 2nd favorite team.
Apparently Lucas already said no. George Lucas needs to adopt the Bizarro Costanza philosophy.This was my favorite comment on youtube (I didn't read them all):Maybe after the coach comes up with a better play book Ackbar could come in and say, "Many Bothans died to bring us these new plays." And then everyone would laugh but #32 wouldn't laugh because he was going to use that joke before Ackbar butted in. What a jerk!
Apparently Lucas already said no. George Lucas needs to adopt the Bizarro Costanza philosophy.This was my favorite comment on youtube (I didn't read them all):Maybe after the coach comes up with a better play book Ackbar could come in and say, "Many Bothans died to bring us these new plays." And then everyone would laugh but #32 wouldn't laugh because he was going to use that joke before Ackbar butted in. What a jerk!
I believe you, but the 2nd article you linked seemed to say otherwise.

Will someone convince me to put a big bet on Stanford? They are +7 and I'm a huge Stanford fan. I think they are better than Oregon on a neutral field, but it being at Oregon is throwing me off.

Will someone convince me to put a big bet on Stanford? They are +7 and I'm a huge Stanford fan. I think they are better than Oregon on a neutral field, but it being at Oregon is throwing me off.
there has to be games with better lines than that one? or do you just want to bet the games you're going to watch?
wait until they play washington state in 2 weeks and put it all on stanford up to about a 35 point spread. i'm a washington state alum and i can tell you without a doubt we are absolutely terrible. i'd lay off the game in eugene. i agree that stanford's better on a neutral field but autzen is a complete madhouse, toughest stadium in the pac 10, things can go bad in a hurry there.
there has to be games with better lines than that one? or do you just want to bet the games you're going to watch?
Well I do like betting pac-10 games because I'm on the west coast and they are all on TV. Also, I really do feel like Stanford is the better team, but I think betting on this is pretty much like flipping a coin.There are definitely better lines than this one on Saturday, I just have a good feeling about Stanford.
wait until they play washington state in 2 weeks and put it all on stanford up to about a 35 point spread. i'm a washington state alum and i can tell you without a doubt we are absolutely terrible. i'd lay off the game in eugene. i agree that stanford's better on a neutral field but autzen is a complete madhouse, toughest stadium in the pac 10, things can go bad in a hurry there.
Heh the spread with them is +27 against UCLA. I was thinking about it. I'm more leaning towards USC and Ore St. this week in the Pac 10 though.I've taken Stanford all 4 weeks and have won. I'm probably going to stay away from it unless I feel the need to make an action bet. Or if someone can convince me lol.
Heh the spread with them is +27 against UCLA. I was thinking about it. I'm more leaning towards USC and Ore St. this week in the Pac 10 though.I've taken Stanford all 4 weeks and have won. I'm probably going to stay away from it unless I feel the need to make an action bet. Or if someone can convince me lol.
yeah USC is a good one this week, uw blows, locker's garbage.
  • 2 months later...
Terrelle Pryor and four other Buckeyes suspended five games next season.The NCAA is so lame. You sold your championship ring??? 5 games!I'd guess Pryor is definitely entering the draft now.
i hope they all leave. really open up the big ten for nebraska next year. nice to win it in our first year.
Are those 5 players allowed to play for another college next year without the 5 game suspension? Or does that carry over to their new team? Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question.
Well, players who transfer to another school have to sit out for a whole year, so it probably doesn't matter. Which is another reason why the NCAA is stupid. A coach can recruit a bunch of players, get them to commit to the school, and then take another job elsewhere with no ramifications, but if the kid wants to leave, he has to wait a year.
Well, players who transfer to another school have to sit out for a whole year, so it probably doesn't matter. Which is another reason why the NCAA is stupid. A coach can recruit a bunch of players, get them to commit to the school, and then take another job elsewhere with no ramifications, but if the kid wants to leave, he has to wait a year.
Did Cam Newton sit a year when he came from Florida to Auburn? Sorry I'm too lazy to look it up.

Actually, when a coach leaves, the school usually releases them from their scholarship so they can go somewhere else without penalty. This only started occurring after people pointed out how hypocritical the practice was.

Did Cam Newton sit a year when he came from Florida to Auburn? Sorry I'm too lazy to look it up.
He went from Florida to some junior college then to Auburn. I don't think that rule applies when you transfer to or from a junior college.Thanks Cane, I knew there were some exceptions (because there always are), but I didn't realize that was one.
He went from Florida to some junior college then to Auburn. I don't think that rule applies when you transfer to or from a junior college.Thanks Cane, I knew there were some exceptions (because there always are), but I didn't realize that was one.
Ah cool thanks.