Possible Cure For Hiv?

It essentially says that scientists gave the bedbugs aids, and the aids died.
Didn't they do that to Chuck Norris, or am I thinking of a bad joke from 2 years ago?
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
http://www.aidsmap.com/page/1577949/Doctors in Germany were using bone marrow stem cells to treat a patient with Lukemia. The person they took the stem cells from had cells that were resistant to HIV (which is apparently real, though very rare). It's been 3 years since they did this and they believe they've cured him. I hope this is legit.
http://www.aidsmap.com/page/1577949/Doctors in Germany were using bone marrow stem cells to treat a patient with Lukemia. The person they took the stem cells from had cells that were resistant to HIV (which is apparently real, though very rare). It's been 3 years since they did this and they believe they've cured him. I hope this is legit.
AIDS in the US barely registers as a problem anymore. We only have 17,000 AIDS related deaths per year. Compare that to cancer deaths which are at 570,000. Hopefully they did find a cure so they can stop wasting all that AIDS research money on cancer research.
AIDS in the US barely registers as a problem anymore. We only have 17,000 AIDS related deaths per year. Compare that to cancer deaths which are at 570,000. Hopefully they did find a cure so they can stop wasting all that AIDS research money on cancer research.
I can't see how cancer research will lead to a sexual revolution.
I guess what I don't understand is why we don't seek out these people with "HIV-resistant" stem cells and compensate them for the ability to extract and research on said cells.
I guess what I don't understand is why we don't seek out these people with "HIV-resistant" stem cells and compensate them for the ability to extract and research on said cells.
Exactly, let's inject everyone with HIV, and the ones that don't get sick we will pay to make bone marrow...
Right, because injecting people is the only way to find out...
Its the fastest.Whenever I get sick, I tell myself that this is a free aids test, if I get better, no aids.Came in handy the time I helped a friend with Mayflower who moved a dying Aids patient from the Castro District in San Fran and I cut my arm up real bad on the first big thing we moved and still had to touch all this guys furniture and worldly possessions with an open cut across my forearm.
Not sure if you're aware of this, but (I looked it up) there are actually other countries besides the United States. This place called Africa has a few of these "foreign countries" and probably could benefit from a cure for AIDS.
Not sure if you're aware of this, but (I looked it up) there are actually other countries besides the United States. This place called Africa has a few of these "foreign countries" and probably could benefit from a cure for AIDS.
They should really get their scientists working on that.
They should really get their scientists working on that.
They don't have too many due to massive poverty. This is the burden of being the richest, most advanced nation in the world. We have to use our brilliance and innovation to help others. It's a moral imperative.It's also worth noting that the US spends tens of million dollars a year on research for Cancer and AIDS. It spends $100 Billion a year fighting in the Middle East. Today congress will vote on a tax cut deal for people making more than 99% of the rest of the population that will cost us a bit under $1 Trillion in potential revenue over the next two years.
Today congress will vote on a tax cut deal for people making more than 99% of the rest of the population that will cost us a bit under $1 Trillion in potential revenue over the next two years.
Seriously you lefty's need to stop with this tax cut bull shit costing the government money.The taxes have been at this level for 10 years any change now is a tax increase. It's not costing the government anything because ITS NOT THEIR FUCKING MONEY!
It's also worth noting that the US spends tens of million dollars a year on research for Cancer and AIDS. It spends $100 Billion a year fighting in the Middle East. Today congress will vote on a tax cut deal for people making more than 99% of the rest of the population that will cost us a bit under $1 Trillion in potential revenue over the next two years.
Seriously you lefty's need to stop with this tax cut bull shit costing the government money.The taxes have been at this level for 10 years any change now is a tax increase. It's not costing the government anything because ITS NOT THEIR FUCKING MONEY!
Back to the politics forum you heathens. Back!
I clearly said "potential revenue." If the government were to not retain the reduced tax rates, they would take in $1 Trillion dollars over the next two years. If they extend the tax cuts, they don't get that money. The difference between the options is $2 trillion dollars regardless of whether the difference comes from increased expenses or decreased revenue. I'm not sure why some people on these boards continue to make the point that you made as if it weren't obvious or as if it were somehow meaningful. It's not their money if tax cuts are extended. It would be their money if the tax cuts aren't extended.The point is this: the government could choose to A) do nothing and have the tax cuts remain in place or B) increase taxes to the wealthiest 1% of Americans for the next two years only and spend $1 trillion on Cancer and AIDS research over the next decade, multiplying the spending by a factor of a thousand (!!). (I, of course, don't think that would be the best way to spend that money. But it serves to elucidate the scales involved).