Official Miami Heat 2010-2011 Thread

Cavs have lost 20 of 21 and are now down 50 to the Lakers - I guess maybe he was sort of essential after all - he should get the MVP this year just by seeing how much the Cavs have fallen without him
I guess the Heat kind of need him too. Although playing in Denver on the 2nd night of a back to back is never an ideal situation. They had no energy that game.
  • Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess the Heat kind of need him too. Although playing in Denver on the 2nd night of a back to back is never an ideal situation. They had no energy that game.
Their disinterestedness (word?) was eerily similar to how they looked in late November.....but I bet they bring a lot more energy in Chicago on Sunday.
How dare you! Just because the East's 7 seed is 16-21 right now?
heh.I'll still take the East's top 6 over the West's top 6. Depth is overrated (if you are a Heat fan you have to believe this).
Oh, Karmaaaaa. Who's ankle is next?
I'm hoping for Chalmers.It was worth a minor injury just to finally get Mike Miller in the flow. They will need him eventually.Heat are 30-12 with three, 3 game losing streaks. Very odd.
I'm hoping for Chalmers.It was worth a minor injury just to finally get Mike Miller in the flow. They will need him eventually.Heat are 30-12 with three, 3 game losing streaks. Very odd.
Haven't those losing streaks coincided with injuries to Wade or LeBron. When healthy the Heat are very very good, if LeBron or Wade aren't at their best they're very very ordinary.
Haven't those losing streaks coincided with injuries to Wade or LeBron. When healthy the Heat are very very good, if LeBron or Wade aren't at their best they're very very ordinary.
the first one and the recent one. the middle one was more about just flat out bad play but I don't see that happening again. I'm not worried about them being an elite team anymore but they still need to get better to beat Boston. Mike Miller rising from the dead yesterday was a big start.Also, the rumor mill is heating up that Billups wants to be bought out if he is traded and then he wants to sign with Miami for one year and then go to free agency. If so, everyone else is in big, big trouble.
the first one and the recent one. the middle one was more about just flat out bad play but I don't see that happening again. I'm not worried about them being an elite team anymore but they still need to get better to beat Boston. Mike Miller rising from the dead yesterday was a big start.Also, the rumor mill is heating up that Billups wants to be bought out if he is traded and then he wants to sign with Miami for one year and then go to free agency. If so, everyone else is in big, big trouble.
I wonder if the Cavs owner would be so vindictive to claim Billups off waivers using their trade exception to keep him off Miami. It would cost them quite a few million but sticking it to the Heat might be worth it in his mind.With that attitude of Billups though I don't see any team trading for him to then just buy him out.
I wonder if the Cavs owner would be so vindictive to claim Billups off waivers using their trade exception to keep him off Miami. It would cost them quite a few million but sticking it to the Heat might be worth it in his mind.With that attitude of Billups though I don't see any team trading for him to then just buy him out.
The Nets will though that's the beauty of it because Prokhorov has to get Melo to stay relevant for their move to Brooklyn.If Melo goes anywhere else, Miami won't get Billups.
yes its very surprising that if a team doesnt have the best or second best player in the world it won't be as good as when it does have those players.
Before the season Lebatard liked saying that even if Wade or Lebron got hurt, the Heat would still be the favorite to win the East.
Also, the rumor mill is heating up that Billups wants to be bought out if he is traded and then he wants to sign with Miami for one year and then go to free agency. If so, everyone else is in big, big trouble.
I'd like to see this happen just to see him still try to take every big shot while Wade and Lebron look at him like, "what the fuck, man? Didn't you get the memo that you're not good anymore?"
Before the season Lebatard liked saying that even if Wade or Lebron got hurt, the Heat would still be the favorite to win the East.I'd like to see this happen just to see him still try to take every big shot while Wade and Lebron look at him like, "what the fuck, man? Didn't you get the memo that you're not good anymore?"
LeBatard also thought they would win 70. He got caught up in the hype a wee bit----other teams are stacked too.I think Billups would embrace all those wide open three pointers and I doubt he would try to dominate the ball. Plus, just cutting back heavily on the minutes of Arroyo/Chalmers would be such a bonus.
  • 2 weeks later...
http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_d...?urn=nba-312561He referred to himself as a superstar, discuss.
I think he is a star----but not a superstar. If you average 20/10 over a number of years, you get to be called a star but superstar seems like it refers just to the top 10 guys in the NBA and he is not there.Also, before Bosh was on the Heat, things like this photo-shoot were cast as amusing.

I think being a superstar is more than just how good you are on the court (although you still need to be a top 5 maybe 10 player probably). You're a superstar if non-basketball fans know who you are. It's about being bigger than life.Lebron, Kobe...Shaq most of his career. It's a very small group in my mind. Tim Duncan is probably a top ten player of all-time, but I don't consider him a superstar.Now, if I wanted to limit it to the basketball court, it would be franchise-changing players. Bosh still isn't in that group.

I think being a superstar is more than just how good you are on the court (although you still need to be a top 5 maybe 10 player probably). You're a superstar if non-basketball fans know who you are. It's about being bigger than life.Lebron, Kobe...Shaq most of his career. It's a very small group in my mind. Tim Duncan is probably a top ten player of all-time, but I don't consider him a superstar.Now, if I wanted to limit it to the basketball court, it would be franchise-changing players. Bosh still isn't in that group.
Definition: famous person in sports or entertainment: an extremely famous or successful person, especially in sports or entertainment I would have to say although Duncan doesn't really command a presence outside of the basketball court he certainly fits this definition, as being extremely successful. If there more then one or potentially two teams in the history of basketball where you wouldn't pencil him into the PF position and say this team is as good if not better. (In his prime)To address if Bosh fits the bill, in Toronto I thought he qualified as an outsider just seeing his numbers. Now that he is on a team with players of LeBron and Wades ability he really falls short in my eyes. I would go so far as to say I would never replace Bosh back in the old Bulls championship teams into Horance Grant's role and Grant although good he isn't ever going to make the headlines for being a superstar either. Rodman though is a different animal.

"I was talking to my teammate and [bosh] decided he wanted to put his two cents into it," Durant explained after the 108-103 setback. "I am a quiet guy, laid-back guy, but I'm not going to let nobody talk trash to me. He's on a good team now so he thinks he can talk a little bit. There are a lot of fake tough guys in this league and he's one of them."<-------------------------->I really dislike Eddie House.

"I was talking to my teammate and [bosh] decided he wanted to put his two cents into it," Durant explained after the 108-103 setback. "I am a quiet guy, laid-back guy, but I'm not going to let nobody talk trash to me. He's on a good team now so he thinks he can talk a little bit. There are a lot of fake tough guys in this league and he's one of them."<-------------------------->I really dislike Eddie House.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycWNsaGmJD8but he's got big mothafuckin balls!
wow look at all those empty seats at the start of the game tonight
yeah, wow there are empty seats for a Monday game against the worst team in the league in a city notorious for a late arriving crowd.Most of the people in the first five rows are probably chilling in the Grey Goose lounge.....edit: AND P-DIDDY is in the building!
yeah, wow there are empty seats for a Monday game against the worst team in the league in a city notorious for a late arriving crowd.Most of the people in the first five rows are probably chilling in the Grey Goose lounge.....edit: AND P-DIDDY is in the building!
Hey we won over 60 games the last two years!