Official Miami Heat 2010-2011 Thread

except the refs did give away the 2006 finals.
ok, Bill Simmons.Other than a handful of calls in game 5, this nonsense has been completely overblown especially because of Simmons and Cuban bringing it up every year.
  • Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, Bill Simmons.Other than a handful of calls in game 5, this nonsense has been completely overblown especially because of Simmons and Cuban bringing it up every year.
Says the heat fan. No one neutral (which I am, I don't care at all about the Mavs) agrees with you. Ever hear a Steeler fan talk about super bowl 39? that's what you sound like.

Well this is interesting:

Altercations with Earl StromAccording to Darryl Dawkins's autobiography, Bavetta was officiating an NBA game during the mid-1970s between the Philadelphia 76ers and New Jersey Nets with Earl Strom as his partner for that game.[14] Bavetta overruled Strom on a crucial last-second personal foul call against the Nets, which would have been a victory for the 76ers.[14] When the game ended and players were walking to their respective locker rooms, the door to the referees' locker room flew open and Bavetta came staggering out.[14] His uniform was allegedly ripped and he was wearing a big welt over his eye, running to get away from Strom.[14] Strom stepped out into the hallway and hollered after Bavetta, "You'll take another one of my ****ing calls again, right, you ************?"[14] Strom was later fined for the incident.[15]Bavetta had another altercation with Strom when he choked him during halftime of an NBA game in 1989 for allegedly siding with the home crowd. Strom reportedly apologized two weeks later.[3][edit] Allegation of game fixingBavetta was one of three referees for the Game 6 of the 2002 Western Conference Finals between Sacramento Kings and the Los Angeles Lakers. Former referee Tim Donaghy has alleged that at least one of the referees working this game had subjective motives for wanting the Lakers to defeat the Kings, and made officiating calls to effectuate this outcome.[16][17] The NBA has not permitted Bavetta to speak publicly regarding the incident, though The New York Times reported on June 12, 2008 that the FBI is investigating allegations that Game 6 of the 2002 Western Conference finals had been manipulated to further the series to a seventh game.[18]

I forgot there were fans at the game tonight until about 2 mins left.Anyone see Lebron untie his shorts and walk off the floor after he inbounded the ball with 6 secs left, while Wade trotted up the court to shoot a 3. These guys act like they're too cool all the time, especially Wade.Mike Miller looked good. Ahahahhahahaahah

I forgot there were fans at the game tonight until about 2 mins left.Anyone see Lebron untie his shorts and walk off the floor after he inbounded the ball with 6 secs left, while Wade trotted up the court to shoot a 3. These guys act like they're too cool all the time, especially Wade.Mike Miller looked good. Ahahahhahahaahah
eye-roll. Miller was unsurprisingly rusty.Glad we will never have to play Dallas again this year.....they cant keep Marion and Chandler off the boards.
Ya it'll take him awhile.Really though, why did they give up with 6 secs left?
I think they were out of timeouts so they knew it was not happening. They really shot the ball poorly and settled for too many 3s.....but on the bright side their D kept them in the game for the full 48. Oh well. At least, they only have one more game until the Lakers on Christmas....they could use a little rest. Looked really flat early in the last 2 games.
eye-roll. Miller was unsurprisingly rusty.Glad we will never have to play Dallas again this year.....they cant keep Marion and Chandler off the boards.
What about that time they grabbed 8 offensive boards in a row? I think Miller missed 11 shots on that series.
I think they were out of timeouts so they knew it was not happening. They really shot the ball poorly and settled for too many 3s.....but on the bright side their D kept them in the game for the full 47:54. Oh well. At least, they only have one more game until the Lakers on Christmas....they could use a little rest. Looked really flat early in the last 2 games.
FYP

That was pretty great. Awesome D, lebron hitting 3s and Bosh completely outplayed Gasol. Chalmers played really well but I have no idea why he carries himself like he is Chris Paul. Your the 4th option at best at all times guy!

That was pretty great. Awesome D, lebron hitting 3s and Bosh completely outplayed Gasol. Chalmers played really well but I have no idea why he carries himself like he is Chris Paul. Your the 4th option at best at all times guy!
Everyone outplays Gasol these days. I'm starting to believe the torn hamstring theories. That's ok, they're getting Melo anyway.
Everyone outplays Gasol these days. I'm starting to believe the torn hamstring theories. That's ok, they're getting Melo anyway.
I didn't know there were any torn hamstring theories. Miami obviously completely outplayed the Lakers, but I thought their defense was over-praised. The Lakers missed a ton of shots they normally make.
I didn't know there were any torn hamstring theories. Miami obviously completely outplayed the Lakers, but I thought their defense was over-praised. The Lakers missed a ton of shots they normally make.
because of the smothering defense of course.