Interesting hand...Poker Stars $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 745663The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterHero (BTN): $5.06SB: $1.83BB: $3.57UTG: $3.94CO: $4.67Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is BTN with 4s 3sUTG raises to $0.20, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.20, 2 foldsFlop: ($0.47) 8s 7c 2s (2 players)UTG checks, Hero checksTurn: ($0.47) 4c (2 players)UTG checks, Hero bets $0.30, UTG calls $0.30River: ($1.07) As (2 players)UTG checks, Hero bets $0.55, UTG raises to $1.10, Hero raises to $4.56 all in, UTG foldsFinal Pot: $3.27Hero mucks 4s 3sHero wins $3.11(Rake: $0.16)

feral_cow_icon.gifFeral Cow Poker Hand ConverterPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em $0.02/$0.05 - 5 playersButton Hero: $5.06 SB RePIaY: $1.83 BB pupuce2nc: $3.57 UTG un pollito: $3.94 CO spoon11989: $4.67 Preflop: ($0.07) Hero is Button with 4s.gif3s.gif (5 players)un pollito raises to $0.20, spoon11989 folds, Hero calls $0.20, 2 foldsFlop: ($0.47) 8s.gif7c.gif2s.gif (2 players)un pollito checks, Hero checksTurn: ($0.47) 4c.gif (2 players)un pollito checks, Hero bets $0.30, un pollito calls $0.30River: ($1.07) As.gif (2 players)un pollito checks, Hero bets $0.55, un pollito raises to $1.10, Hero raises to $4.56 and is all-in, un pollito foldsHero collected $3.11(Rake: $0.16

Maybe the regular gurus will chime in, but looks kinda standard to me at these low stakes. I guess villain had AK or so. Too bad villain had part of a brain and payed attention to board texture, or you could have made good. With 2 spades in your pocket, a 4 high flush here most of the time you will be o.k., but be prepared to take some beats with higher pocket flushes. Personally, I would have bet the flop for like $.30 and re-eval from there. Yes, you have position being on the button and the board came low, but 3/4 suited is still a little dangerous here, as any paint card hits is a pair for a UTG raiser (at these stakes). IMO the button is more powerful than your hand here, but then again I am just an O.K. player, so I could be totally wrong. We'll see what the gurus say. :)Damn, shynepo beat me too it :club:

Maybe the regular gurus will chime in, but looks kinda standard to me at these low stakes. I guess villain had AK or so. Too bad villain had part of a brain and payed attention to board texture, or you could have made good. With 2 spades in your pocket, a 4 high flush here most of the time you will be o.k., but be prepared to take some beats with higher pocket flushes. Personally, I would have bet the flop for like $.30 and re-eval from there. Yes, you have position being on the button and the board came low, but 3/4 suited is still a little dangerous here, as any paint card hits is a pair for a UTG raiser (at these stakes). IMO the button is more powerful than your hand here, but then again I am just an O.K. player, so I could be totally wrong. We'll see what the gurus say. :)Damn, shynepo beat me too it :club:
AK would fold turn unless AKcc. A7,A2,A4 make more sense. You will rarely get beaten by higher flushes on river since 95% of flush draws cbet flop. Calling pre with 43s is something I don't do. I don't call with 54s or lower because of limited straight draws and reverse implied odds. So you are right that position is more valuable then your hand here since your hand is poor. That leads me to flop, cbeting should be standard as his play here will be to c/f most of the time and you have NO showdown value.
AK would fold turn unless AKcc. A7,A2,A4 make more sense.
Yes, A7,A2,A4 makes more sense, but at these stakes you would be surprised what some people do. The fact raised UTG pre then the river play with the Ac, shows villain knew a little something and probably folded 2-pair. But, I have seen guys call with AK totally ignoring the board texture. BUT this wan't my hand, I was just replying to the OP. :club:

fold pre a lot the time, i dont mind the flop check due to possibly inducing bluffs/ villain thinking he has the best hand. I mean i dont wanna go too crazy with just a baby flush to be honest. river i reminraise to induce some spazzing and get some crying calls, check min is either a monster or nothing, so make him call/ try and resteal with his air every now and then

Yes, A7,A2,A4 makes more sense, but at these stakes you would be surprised what some people do. The fact raised UTG pre then the river play with the Ac, shows villain knew a little something and probably folded 2-pair. But, I have seen guys call with AK totally ignoring the board texture. BUT this wan't my hand, I was just replying to the OP. :club:
I just replied to you because OP didn't ask a question and you did.
fold pre a lot the time, i dont mind the flop check due to possibly inducing bluffs/ villain thinking he has the best hand. I mean i dont wanna go too crazy with just a baby flush to be honest. river i reminraise to induce some spazzing and get some crying calls, check min is either a monster or nothing, so make him call/ try and resteal with his air every now and then
he does have the best hand. Unless he is raising 23 utg, then his hand beats our 4 high.
I just replied to you because OP didn't ask a question and you did. he does have the best hand. Unless he is raising 23 utg, then his hand beats our 4 high.
4 high flush????
4 high flush????
It is 4 high on the flop. I think checking is weak since the villain has shown disinterested in the pot and it will be very hard for us to take down the pot on later streets without improving. Or to put a lot of money into the pot when we do improve.
anybody else think the river shove is bad?
no, i wanted to get it all haha, its micro was hoping hed pay me off with an A or two pair
mash re-pot button on villain's river raise instead of shoving.
ok ill give it a whirl next time thanks