A Mosque On The Twin Towers Site?

Like hell it is.They're doing it to provoke. Nothing more.
Yeah, when the guy in charge said he wanted to open it on the 10th anniversary of 9-11, the intention to provoke was pretty clear.Also, I will totally trade Jon Kyl and Mitch McConnell the 14th amendment for the 2nd. That was funny, JLL.BG, the idea that Christianity needs help in this country is pretty laughable. If you want to build a church (or a ham store or a gay bar) next to that mosque, I support you. Pretty sure if any old regular balloon guy wanted to build a church where that mosque was going it would have happened without incident or fanfare.
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, when the guy in charge said he wanted to open it on the 10th anniversary of 9-11, the intention to provoke was pretty clear.Also, I will totally trade Jon Kyl and Mitch McConnell the 14th amendment for the 2nd. That was funny, JLL.BG, the idea that Christianity needs help in this country is pretty laughable. If you want to build a church (or a ham store or a gay bar) next to that mosque, I support you. Pretty sure if any old regular balloon guy wanted to build a church where that mosque was going it would have happened without incident or fanfare.
ham eating christians didn't bring down the towers, stupid face.
yeah, absolutely. if it's any consolation, I would side with you if I were king.also, LLY would be first against the wall.
Why don't we actually understand what we're discussing, first of all:http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2010/0...oves_ahead.htmlThe $100 million project, called the Cordoba House, is proposed for the old Burlington Coat Factory building at Park Place and Broadway, just two blocks from the World Trade Center site."I think it will be a wonderful asset to the community," said committee Chairman Ro Sheffe.Imam Feisel Abdul Rauf, who helped found the Cordoba Initiative following the 9/11 attacks, said the project is intended to foster better relations between the West and Muslims.He said the glass-and-steel building would include a 500-seat performing arts venue, a swimming pool and a basketball court. "There's nothing like it," said Rauf, adding that facilities will be open to all New Yorkers.amd_wtc_mosque.jpg
LLY: Don't you think that is what they would say publicly regardless of what their true purpose was?
Oh, right, I forgot about their true purpose: to lure kids into the Mosque under the guise of playing basketball and then to kidnap them, send them away to Afghanistan, and train them to be suicide bombers for Allah's Jihad.Yes, if that's their true purpose, I would expect them to lie and pretend that they're just making a wholesome community center.
US Foreign Policy is a large motivating factor for the people who commit terrorist attacks including the 9/11 attacks. There's a reason they attacked the US and it isn't because they hate the American way of life.Pointing this out doesn't say that the American Foreign Policy is right or wrong and doesn't excuse the terrorists but it is important to know some of the consequences of those policies.Please show me a direct quote that uses the word blame from the Imam in question.
Wiki
n 2004, he said the U.S. and the West must acknowledge the harm they have done to Muslims before terrorism can end. Speaking at his New York mosque, Abdul Rauf said: The Islamic method of waging war is not to kill innocent civilians. But it was Christians in World War II who bombed civilians in Dresden and Hiroshima, neither of which were military targets.He also said that there could be little progress in Western-Islamic relations until the U.S. acknowledged backing Middle East dictators, and the U.S. President gave an "American Culpa" speech to the Muslim world, because there are "an endless supply of angry young Muslim rebels prepared to die for their cause and there [is] no sign of the attacks ending unless there [is] a fundamental change in the world"
Columnist Jonathan Rauch wrote that Abdul Rauf gave a "mixed, muddled, muttered" message after 9/11.[19] Nineteen days after the attacks, he told CBS’s 60 Minutes that fanaticism and terrorism have no place in Islam. Rauch said that the message was mixed, however, because when then asked if the U.S. deserved the attacks, Rauf answered: "I wouldn’t say that the United States deserved what happened. But the United States’ policies were an accessory to the crime that happened."[20][21][3] Rauch observed: "Note the verb. The crime "happened"?"[19]When the interviewer asked Rauf how he considered the U.S. an accessory, he replied, "Because we have been accessory to a lot of innocent lives dying in the world. In fact, in the most direct sense, Osama bin Laden is made in the USA."
How do you think the muslims would act if we built a church in Mecca?
You want us to stoop to their level? Here's a genuine opportunity to feel superior to Muslims. I'd think you'd want to take it.
How do you think the muslims would act if we built a church in Mecca?
hey it's the worst argument ever again! we missed you.serious answer:They would act like people who live in a religious dictatorship instead of a democratic society that relies on peace and tolerance to flourish. What's your point?
You want us to stoop to their level? Here's a genuine opportunity to feel superior to Muslims. I'd think you'd want to take it.
Uhh..I am in the winning religion. Why would I need another opportunity to feel superior?
hey it's the worst argument ever again! we missed you.serious answer:They would act like people who live in a religious dictatorship instead of a democratic society that relies on peace and tolerance to flourish. What's your point?
This is my point
Oh, right, I forgot about their true purpose: to lure kids into the Mosque under the guise of playing basketball and then to kidnap them, send them away to Afghanistan, and train them to be suicide bombers for Allah's Jihad.Yes, if that's their true purpose, I would expect them to lie and pretend that they're just making a wholesome community center.
You forgot about the brainwashing.
Yeah, he is so wrong for implying that because other countries suck we should feel free to emulate them. It's basically the worst argument ever. "so wrong" is really an understatement. laughably wrong or he should punch himself in the face for saying it wrong. those are more accurate.
Really the worst argument ever?To point out that a religion who is claiming a desire to bridge the gap and open up avenues for interfaith relationships in our country, will not even allow the smallest opening for our religion in their country, is the worst argument ever?You don't see how this could be a very supportive argument that maybe the genuineness of their message can be brought into question?So if a white supremacist goes to Liberia to open a Klan recruitment center to 'bridge the gap' their conduct on their home turf should have no bearing on their honesty?You should do yourself a favor and not try any cases in court, you are going to lose to the jury with this kind of thinking.
You forgot about the brainwashing.
I went back and replaced atheist for muslim in your previous posts and surprisingly I am much more able to support you now.
Really the worst argument ever?To point out that a religion who is claiming a desire to bridge the gap and open up avenues for interfaith relationships in our country, will not even allow the smallest opening for our religion in their country, is the worst argument ever?You don't see how this could be a very supportive argument that maybe the genuineness of their message can be brought into question?So if a white supremacist goes to Liberia to open a Klan recruitment center to 'bridge the gap' their conduct on their home turf should have no bearing on their honesty?You should do yourself a favor and not try any cases in court, you are going to lose to the jury with this kind of thinking.
the "they do it wrong so we should do it wrong" argument is the worst idea ever. I can see you as a great defense attorney. Oh sure, my guy robbed a bank but do you know what guys in Saudi Arabia do every day? Terrible, terrible things. Please acquit my client. Have a balloon!The genuineness of their message has no bearing on their first amendment rights. And the idea that what happens in Saudi Arabia has bearing on the genuineness of American muslims is also flawed.
the "they do it wrong so we should do it wrong" argument is the worst idea ever. I can see you as a great defense attorney. Oh sure, my guy robbed a bank but do you know what guys in Saudi Arabia do every day? Terrible, terrible things. Please acquit my client. Have a balloon!
Yea, that's exactly what Newt and I were saying, they do it so we can too.not: "Here's who these people are when they don't have a constitution like ours they have to deal with."Good job keeping those liberal blinders tight.Do the headaches ever go away..of course they don't silly question.
Yea, that's exactly what Newt and I were saying, they do it so we can too.not: "Here's who these people are when they don't have a constitution like ours they have to deal with."Good job keeping those liberal blinders tight.Do the headaches ever go away..of course they don't silly question.
There are lots of American that I suspect I would not like "who they really are". They all get first amendment rights. It's completely irrelevant. The idea of protesting it by opening a gay bar or a ham store next door is genius. The idea of arguing for blocking it because some Muslim countries are not awesome like us is crap.
There are lots of American that I suspect I would not like "who they really are". They all get first amendment rights. It's completely irrelevant. The idea of protesting it by opening a gay bar or a ham store next door is genius. The idea of arguing for blocking it because some Muslim countries are not awesome like us is crap.
And the argument that deeply religious muslims here are different than deeply religious muslims there is naive.Fox meet the hen house, Cane's got the door for you
You know alot of deeply religious muslims here, do you?
So unless I personally know all people, their religions beliefs may differ from the normal religious beliefs of that group?So I guess I can expect a lot less stereotyping of Christians on this site now.