I think like once a year at least, I read thru this thread when Im bored and get a smile on my face.

Someone is going to have to take out those 2 pages of garbage. MODS!

agreed..

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's a quick synopsis: ( provided a running commentary on twitter too with pictures)   Thursday 5:30 AM: Woke up the boy for hockey practice. He was tired and cranky LOL. Drove up the the airport

Another trip done. Stayed at Bellagio 3 nights during work, 5 nights at the suite at MGM for fun. Some highlights I thought some of you would appreciate:   - Noodles at Bellagio. 3 meals, which is

So my little drummer boy son is a big ACDC fan, and an even bigger beatles fan. So on the Thursday of Superbowl weekend, I'm going to tell him I'm going to drive him to school. Instead, I'm driving

Posted Images

One of the richest Armenians and one of the people responsible for building and reshaping to Las Vegas to its current state passed away..

RIP Kirk Kerkorian

I guess its out there somewhere, better than I know it, but it was usually a sell high, buy it back once its near bankrupt, kind of thing. Started when it was a Studio, and then he sold off the hotels once, and then bought back in again at some point.

His real legendary status is the stuff he pulled off in the auto industry and how he "manipulated" the stocks of those companies. It didnt always work, but he pulled off some amazing wins.

One of my fav things about him was his humble demeanour. The guy donated hundreds of milions of dollars all over the world, and there isnt one building anywhere with his name on it. He never wanted it.

He donated a lot to help Armenia grow, and helped with its infrastructure. While others tried to push their own agends, he just wanted to build roads with no mention of who gave the money for it.

He would have helped more, but he began to see his money was being stolen by the powers that be, and curtailed his philanthropy in Armenia.

It was weird to see him referred to as a 3-time owner of the MGM. How does that work. I think he started it, but then sold it and bought it back twice more? Lol

Ya basically..He sold and bought back a few times..Has a minority share now I believe..

The part about Kerkorian is his philanthropy..He donated over a $$$Billion just to Armenia..Thats just a part of his charity work..

Good man..Lived a great life..

I guess its out there somewhere, better than I know it, but it was usually a sell high, buy it back once its near bankrupt, kind of thing. Started when it was a Studio, and then he sold off the hotels once, and then bought back in again at some point.

His real legendary status is the stuff he pulled off in the auto industry and how he "manipulated" the stocks of those companies. It didnt always work, but he pulled off some amazing wins.

One of my fav things about him was his humble demeanour. The guy donated hundreds of milions of dollars all over the world, and there isnt one building anywhere with his name on it. He never wanted it.

He donated a lot to help Armenia grow, and helped with its infrastructure. While others tried to push their own agends, he just wanted to build roads with no mention of who gave the money for it.

He would have helped more, but he began to see his money was being stolen by the powers that be, and curtailed his philanthropy in Armenia.

He sure was a player..But I also read somewhere that he lost about $13 Billion during the stock market downturn around 2008...Still a multi billionaire though.

I love the fact he refused to have his name on any buildings or roads..

• 2 weeks later...

Had an amazing time in Vegas. Was quite a whirlwind trip. Didn't play any poker at all which is a first for me.

NHL awards were really cool. Was pretty amazing seeing my brother walk up there and get an award.

Player turnout to some of the extra events like the golf and the welcome party was pretty low, so I didn't get to meet too many NHLers. Met Brent Burns, Carey Price, Johnny Hockey, Giordano, Jamie Benn, Jordie Benn, JToews, George Parros (not sure why he was there lol), Elliote Friedman, Nick Kypreos.

Brent Burns was a really awesome guy. Jamie + Jordie Benn were hilariously hammered every time I saw them. Pretty sure Giordano was on Gaudreau baby sitting duty all week.

Shadow Creek Golf Club was incredible. Pretty amazing seeing the name on the lockers in the club house. From Tiger Woods to George Bush to Bill Clinton. I didn't end up tallying up my score but I'm pretty sure I shot about 110. Tough course. Greens were ridiculously fast.

Saw Jiri Hudler backstage after the awards. My Buddy said, " Hey Jiri, best speech of the night!". He turned, frowned, and said with a dead serious look on his face "Best speech of the night?.... Best Speech ever!"

• Like 2

Ya, I'm going to need way more details. Feel free to PM, email, call, text......but I need more!!! :)

At least tell me you were there to see Gaudreau get carded everywhere he went.

Sounds awesome, being there for your brother must have been special, and it just sounds like such a great memory for you guys.

Haha, I didn't witness Gaudreau getting carded, but I'm sure he did, he looks like he's 12 in person. Feel free to PM me any questions you may have :)

Haha, I didn't witness Gaudreau getting carded, but I'm sure he did, he looks like he's 12 in person. Feel free to PM me any questions you may have :)

I think for some reason the PM didnt go thru.

Public or not, I just need to know......Mike Liut or Sean Burke, which one do you and your brother think was the better Hartford Whalers goalie, and are both just as awesome+amazing in real life as I would imagine that they are?!!?!?!?!

Signed,

Whalers Fanboy

Great stuff Dubey.

Parros lives in Vegas now and does lot of charity work. Love that guy.

I think for some reason the PM didnt go thru.

Public or not, I just need to know......Mike Liut or Sean Burke, which one do you and your brother think was the better Hartford Whalers goalie, and are both just as awesome+amazing in real life as I would imagine that they are?!!?!?!?!

Signed,

Whalers Fanboy

That's a tough one. I'll go with Liut.

Never met Burke but I have it on good authority that he is a great guy. Liut I can confirm is a huge beauty and the best goalie agent in the business.

Re; keeping up with the Benn brothers. I tried to do my part but those guys are untouchable. My bro had his wife and kid there so he was taking it easy.

Also, forgot I got to touch the cup, which I'm pretty sure is against some tradition but whatever. I asked the guy carrying it if I could poor my beer in it and chug it out of the cup because that was a dream of mine but he wasn't having it.

Liut I can confirm is a huge beauty and the best goalie agent in the business.

Re; keeping up with the Benn brothers. I tried to do my part but those guys are untouchable.

I asked the guy carrying it if I could poor my beer in it and chug it out of the cup because that was a dream of mine

see these 3 lines right there? Thats what I call perfection.

You sir, are playing it right.

I just had the sickest run in Vegas I've ever had. I couldn't win at the WSOP, not in four events, not with the best hand every time, not with lots of chips early, nothing, nada.

However, I absolutely crushed the pit (and I'm not really that much of a pit player). I spent 6K in WSOP buyins but won so much I had to leave cash in vegas so as to not be over the 10K travel limit. I couldn't lose at ANYTHING. In 3 spins of the roulette wheel, I verbally called out the winning number twice, and had the ball actually land in the third number and bounce out to the next number. I don't know what I did to deserve it but it was insane.....

• Like 3

I just had the sickest run in Vegas I've ever had. I couldn't win at the WSOP, not in four events, not with the best hand every time, not with lots of chips early, nothing, nada.

However, I absolutely crushed the pit (and I'm not really that much of a pit player). I spent 6K in WSOP buyins but won so much I had to leave cash in vegas so as to not be over the 10K travel limit. I couldn't lose at ANYTHING. In 3 spins of the roulette wheel, I verbally called out the winning number twice, and had the ball actually land in the third number and bounce out to the next number. I don't know what I did to deserve it but it was insane.....

Did you have any tax taken by IRS?

Did you have any tax taken by IRS?

Nope. Very very careful. Never cashed over 5K in chips at the cage at one time, and even though I hit two slots jackpots, I played machines with under 1200 payouts because that's the tax number there.

Nope. Very very careful. Never cashed over 5K in chips at the cage at one time, and even though I hit two slots jackpots, I played machines with under 1200 payouts because that's the tax number there.

Yes $5k is the magic number to avoid.

Congrats on the win.

Yes $5k is the magic number to avoid.

Congrats on the win.

It wasn't easy. At one point, I had 20K in Aria 1K chips. Helps to know the rules.