I rent a car everytime I m there...We will be there soon to look for a house..But not yet Im sorry..

You can visit Red Rock area..Its beatiful...If you really want to drive, you can do Hoover Dam..I have never done that.

I would definetely go to the Outlet Mall..Its pretty impressive..

Valley of Fire is pretty awesome as well (never been to the Red Rock area but understand they have a similar setup -- the main road is a big loop with trails of different lengths coming off of them). If you have the time (45 minutes extra) take the scenic route there though Lake Meade National Park.

Oh if you like thai food then you must check out Lotus of Siam (couple blocks east of the Stratosphere). Very sketchy looking but it's Zagat rated and it's sufficiently reknown that taxis will wait outside. The standard stuff is basically what you can get in Ottawa (top notch) but the other stuff is ++++.

ps Serge: if your family loves the outlets in Vegas then you might want to check out the new Tager outlets out by CTC (Ottawa)... similar setup.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's a quick synopsis: ( provided a running commentary on twitter too with pictures)   Thursday 5:30 AM: Woke up the boy for hockey practice. He was tired and cranky LOL. Drove up the the airport

Another trip done. Stayed at Bellagio 3 nights during work, 5 nights at the suite at MGM for fun. Some highlights I thought some of you would appreciate:   - Noodles at Bellagio. 3 meals, which is

So my little drummer boy son is a big ACDC fan, and an even bigger beatles fan. So on the Thursday of Superbowl weekend, I'm going to tell him I'm going to drive him to school. Instead, I'm driving

Posted Images

Valley of Fire is pretty awesome as well (never been to the Red Rock area but understand they have a similar setup -- the main road is a big loop with trails of different lengths coming off of them). If you have the time (45 minutes extra) take the scenic route there though Lake Meade National Park.

Oh if you like thai food then you must check out Lotus of Siam (couple blocks east of the Stratosphere). Very sketchy looking but it's Zagat rated and it's sufficiently reknown that taxis will wait outside. The standard stuff is basically what you can get in Ottawa (top notch) but the other stuff is ++++.

ps Serge: if your family loves the outlets in Vegas then you might want to check out the new Tager outlets out by CTC... similar setup.

Great info.

Huge percentage of people( I used to be one) dont venture to far off strip. Lots of stuff to do.

Huge percentage of people( I used to be one) dont venture to far off strip. Lots of stuff to do.

Let see what else..

1. Did the Canyon helicopter ride (actually set down on the canyon floor and have lunch). Decent and considering a bus tour is $100-$250 (+ $32 for the skywalk) it was steep but one of those once-in-a-lifetime crap things to do. Though something like https://www.pinkjeep...elicopter-tour/ (raft down the canyon) might be better value.

2. Mob Museum... did in 1.5 hrs but probably need 3.

3. Food; with all of the Celebrity chefs it's all a ****ing ripoff. Liked Mon Ami Gabbi at Paris -- friends gave everything at the cosmo the thumbs up.

1 month for me. Can't wait

We will be down there same time as you again, Dave. We arrive on the 21st, staying in the villas at the Mirage again. We should try to catch up.
  • Like 1

We will be down there same time as you again, Dave. We arrive on the 21st, staying in the villas at the Mirage again. We should try to catch up.

Maybe a certain Leaf winger can convince a certain tall net minder over a few beers to sign in Toronto

Nice! That would be sweet. I think I still have your #. It's going to be a busy trip with all the awards festivities but I'll definitely send you a text and see if we can match up

So something weird. I can log into Bet 365 and place bets in California and Nevada on 3G. If I m on Wifi im blocked from logging in due to the location im in

Greatest upgrade since last time here, all the poker tables have a slot to charge your phone. Every seat.

In Canada you are banished even if you touch your phone at the table. Here it's encouraged. Doesn't slow game down at all.

Tilting economics of Vegas. Bottle of water at Wallgreens 15 cents. Same bottle at pool at Mandalay Bay $6. Any drink you want at poker table free.

The arena is coming along great. I'm not sure how traffic is going to flow if there is a game with 15000-20000 people attending.

your staying at MBay? my trade show starts there on friday, i get there sat morn.

wasnt too expensive wed or thurs night, some of the exhibits open early.

you still leaving thurs? is Sev staying any longer?

your staying at MBay? my trade show starts there on friday, i get there sat morn.

wasnt too expensive wed or thurs night, some of the exhibits open early.

you still leaving thurs? is Sev staying any longer?

Sev is staying there. So we are using their pool. We are at Orleans.

We are both leaving Thursday.

They are already setting up. Huge JCK signs everywhere.

Btw. My first time at Mandalay Bay pool. It's great. Beach, wave pool, lazy river. 2 adult pools.

Kids had a blast.

Burger fries and a drink at Mandalay pool $18.

We bought 9 burgers 4 fries from in and out instead. Total price $31

I'm playing in a slot tourney today. I barely play slots. It's a $3000 free roll

I'm pretty sure I was the youngest one in so far. I finished 5th in my first heat out of 18. Second heat up shortly.

The edge in tourney in is get many spins as possible in the 3 minutes to improve chances of winning. I'm fairly certain I got in 10-20 percent more spins in then the average 75 year old.

Have any of you gone on the high roller? It's the huge Ferris wheel. Gonna take Adrian tomorrow. The wife and Mateo will get scared. It looks really cool.

I'm pretty sure I was the youngest one in so far. I finished 5th in my first heat out of 18. Second heat up shortly.

The edge in tourney in is get many spins as possible in the 3 minutes to improve chances of winning. I'm fairly certain I got in 10-20 percent more spins in then the average 75 year old.

Go Serge Go