Official 2010 Playoff Trash Talking Thread

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My attitude has not changed since the start of the series. I'm still confident that the Hawks will win. The refs are making it a closer series with how they are calling the games, but both teams were prepared for a long series. I for one think it would be awesome to win the cup on Philly's ice in front of their fans. Keep the pucks Pronger, we want something bigger.

My attitude has not changed since the start of the series. I'm still confident that the Hawks will win. The refs are making it a closer series with how they are calling the games, but both teams were prepared for a long series. I for one think it would be awesome to win the cup on Philly's ice in front of their fans. Keep the pucks Pronger, we want something bigger.
Lol stop that.
Stop what? Am I the only one seeing the Flyers not being called for a lot of penalties?
I have seen Flyers fans say the same thing. I am still wondering about the Detroit/SJ series.
I have seen Flyers fans say the same thing. I am still wondering about the Detroit/SJ series.
Not sure how I can respond to that, everyone knew that they way the refs called the Pronger/Byfuglien matchup could be a factor. It's obvious that they are calling it Pronger's way. Then add in the missed and questionable non calls and by the 4th game it can get pretty annoying. I'm not saying it's why the series is tied at 2, but the difference between the reffing in the regular season and even the first few rounds of the playoffs compared to these finals is light and day. The NHL is getting great TV ratings here in the states, but they don't want to see a mug fest. They want to see good flowing hockey. Even my wife commented on it.
It's hard to call a penalty every play.
Just the obvious ones would be enough. You know, the high sticks, shots to the head, hooking in front of the net, cross checks. You know, ones that everyone can see.
Just the obvious ones would be enough. You know, the high sticks, shots to the head, hooking in front of the net, cross checks. You know, ones that everyone can see.
I feel yeah, I enjoy watching Lidstrom take a blatant high stick and no call. You're just going to have to get used to this now that your team will most likely be going deep for the next few years. The fact of the matter is that you can't predict how the refs will make their calls and I have been told over and over there is no conspiracy, they just call what they see and aren't told to call in any special way. I know it's hard to believe but be careful, people say Wings fans are whiners for bitching about non-calls, and you surely don't want people to think Hawks fans are whiners as well. :club:
Anyone willing to do $30 paypal for $30 on Stars?
ill do it for you if you like..send to sergetoronto@yahoo.comgive me your sn on stars..

Man, those goaltenders are like the class slut: The can't keep their legs closed and people keep shooting it in there...Both Niemi and the tag team tandem of Leighton/Boucher have got rubber cream pies today.On the other hand, it makes for a pretty entertaining series, so who am I to complain?

wow. you're still on that huh?
Stop what? Am I the only one seeing the Flyers not being called for a lot of penalties?
the number of penalties is not supposed to be "even". they are supposed to be called evenly. All this talk, especially from the announcers (versus/nbc), such as "oh they got seven power plays tonight and they only got two" is retarded. some teams take more penalties than others. And, SB, if you really think pushing a player onto their own goalie is not interference then you are entering the dingus zone. DON'T ENTER THE DINGUS ZONE. you are usually a very level guy so I'm quite confused by it.Anyway, other than this last game where it always felt like Blackhawks were going to win, this series has been pritaay prittaaayy good.
wow. you're still on that huh?the number of penalties is not supposed to be "even". they are supposed to be called evenly. All this talk, especially from the announcers (versus/nbc), such as "oh they got seven power plays tonight and they only got two" is retarded. some teams take more penalties than others. And, SB, if you really think pushing a player onto their own goalie is not interference then you are entering the dingus zone. DON'T ENTER THE DINGUS ZONE. you are usually a very level guy so I'm quite confused by it.Anyway, other than this last game where it always felt like Blackhawks were going to win, this series has been pritaay prittaaayy good.
Ummm...really...I was kidding...seriously...I am quite over the fact that the Wings lost...was fine the day after...Sorry I bug you so much with my posted words. :club:
Ummm...really...I was kidding...seriously...I am quite over the fact that the Wings lost...was fine the day after...Sorry I bug you so much with my posted words. :club:
you posted words are a main reason people read this thread..Please continue..As an aside...As a Wings fan what are your thoughts of the Dominator??He signed a one year deal to play next year in the KHL...45 years old.
you posted words are a main reason people read this thread..Please continue..As an aside...As a Wings fan what are your thoughts of the Dominator??He signed a one year deal to play next year in the KHL...45 years old.
I absolutely despised Hasek. Mainly because I dealt with him personally a few times when he was playing here and he is one of the most douchey people I have ever had the displeasure of knowing. I think his MVP days are looooong behind him. He needs to learn to let go. His last year with us was not that great though I know some here will disagree but he was pulled in the playoffs for a reason. If we left him in there then we don't win the cup that year. If he plays for a team that allows 40+ shots a night, he might do ok. But if he plays for a team that allows 20, then they are screwed. He gets bored and unfocused rather easily.
wow. you're still on that huh?the number of penalties is not supposed to be "even". they are supposed to be called evenly. All this talk, especially from the announcers (versus/nbc), such as "oh they got seven power plays tonight and they only got two" is retarded. some teams take more penalties than others. And, SB, if you really think pushing a player onto their own goalie is not interference then you are entering the dingus zone. DON'T ENTER THE DINGUS ZONE. you are usually a very level guy so I'm quite confused by it.Anyway, other than this last game where it always felt like Blackhawks were going to win, this series has been pritaay prittaaayy good.
The call you are referring to was a 'light' interference call. Maybe rulebook interference, but I think it only gets called half the time in the regular season. It's been posted here, which affirmed my opinion. It was one light push in the direction of the opponent's goalie, no big deal.

I thought the hooking call on Pronger (against Kane?) that led to the 5th (?) Chicago goal was pretty light. But lol @ -6 on the game for Pronger.Most overused word of the 2010 playoffs? Bouncebackability.

I thought the hooking call on Pronger (against Kane?) that led to the 5th (?) Chicago goal was pretty light. But lol @ -6 on the game for Pronger.Most overused word of the 2010 playoffs? Bouncebackability.
Active Stick