****official Miami Dolphins Thread*****

I couldn't make it past the initial bitch-slapping. That guy was super annoying.

That guy is the spitting image of Essay. Gay Nebraska hoodie, crappy beard Wait, he said he was with some girls. Ok, he's a more cool version of essay

• Like 1
  • Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

More than the bullying specifically, I think the NFL has a problem on it's hands with the way veteran players extort money from rookies. In any other workplace on earth, this would be considered an or

They're missing a great big chunk of their offensive line. You might've heard about that.

lol Gase getting hired by the Jets is just as good

He apparently scored 32 on the Wonderlic, which is well above average.

He participated in the Harvard and Kellogg Continuing Education programs.

People tend to associate violence with stupidity and for the most part that's true, but when intelligence goes off the rails and into the violence-first mindset, it can be particularly ugly.

• Like 1

Can we at least agree he looks dumb? Total moon face.

And 32 on the Wonderlic is not exceptional or anything. Average for an offensive tackle is 26. I know absolutely nothing about any of you, but I have no doubt that you, me, Sklansky or McGee would have no trouble making a 32 on that exam. Incognito probably isn't stupid, but let's hold off on calling him a genius.

That being said, I remember reading once that an abnormally HIGH Wonderlic score is as much of a deterrent as a low one (QB excepted). Coaches are terrified of the idea of a player who is legitimately the smartest person in the room, because LOLNFL.

I don't recalling implying he was dumb.

I know.

Just pointing out a weird and counter-intuitive fact about the guy.

The wikipedia article on average by profession tops out at 32, one above chemist.

Obviously, it excludes some heavy hitting professions,.

I'm going to guess that 30 is the threshold for noticeably above average intelligence.

Surprised to see machinist only average out at 21. I guess that's a profession where the intellectual horsepower is really stratified between functionaries who perform repetitive operations and visionaries who design and engineer shit.

And 32 on the Wonderlic is not exceptional or anything.

I mean, Scram already covered this, but it feels like this comment was made with almost no knowledge of the actual test. That's like saying that 30 on the ACT is not that great.

• Like 1

Here is a sample test: http://espn.go.com/p...020228test.html

So, extrapolating, I'd have a perfect score and be the smartest player in the NFL. And also the weakest.

Coaching logic would prove accurate here, though, as I would 100% be the biggest problem in any locker room, in terms of ego and disruptiveness.

(Also, if you can pass the GED, you can get all of those questions right.)

I mean, Scram already covered this, but it feels like this comment was made with almost no knowledge of the actual test. That's like saying that 30 on the ACT is not that great.

The biggest factor in the Wonderlic is time, specifically recognizing trap questions that require significant calculation, and then skipping those questions. It's 50 questions in 12 minutes, so you've got a shade under 15 seconds to answer each questions.

The questions themselves test basic math and logic skills. (If a pencil costs .60 cents, how many pencils will three dollars buy? All men wears a hat. Terry wears a hat. T of F or uncertain: Terry is a man.)

A 32 on the Wonderlic indicates that the taker's intelligence is likely above average. I wasn't really arguing that. I was, however, suggesting that everybody I mentioned before is a favorite to beat that score, and handily, so let's not go proclaiming Incognito some kind of brain master.

Again, you're using a really skewed sample. Scram went to U of Chicago, I went to northwestern, Dutch was a child protege in korea, you're wang. Comparing Incognito to his peer group ( not really O-linemen, which are smarter than average football players, but the giant meathead bully as an archetype),, I would bet 32 is at least 3 deviations above that group's mean. Which was Scram's point.

• Like 2

Again, you're using a really skewed sample. Scram went to U of Chicago, I went to northwestern, Dutch was a child protege in korea, you're wang. Comparing Incognito to his peer group ( not really O-linemen, which are smarter than average football players, but the giant meathead bully as an archetype),, I would bet 32 is at least 3 deviations above that group's mean. Which was Scram's point.

For the record, I graduated from MSU and got a 26 on my ACT. I'm not any kind of genius.

I don't think I was trying to disprove anything Scram said. The two most important parts of my post were that Incognito has a moon face and NFL teams actually knock players DOWN a few pegs if they have abnormally high Wonderlic scores. As far as Incognito goes, he's probably not an idiot, which is something we all knew in the first place, as it takes at least some intelligence to psychologically humiliate and manipulate someone. (Or at least some low cunning) But let's not anoint him Master Brain, etc.

Martin got a 35, btw.

Morris Claiborne got a 4.

For the record, I graduated from MSU and got a 26 on my ACT. I'm not any kind of genius.

Yeah, I know, I wouldn't have put you in the conversation with me, scram and dutch, but since you inserted yourself in the peer group, I kept you in to be polite.

• Like 1

OK upon further research, I think I've identified the ****** in the machinist/intelligence woodpile. 100% mortal lock certain that skilled machinists (exclusive of the lowest level "CNC Operators" who basically just put in a workpiece and press 'go') are going to be of well above average intelligence the vast majority of the time.

It's old drunk Uncle Nomenclature.

Here, we see the 100 IQ range represented by the following professions.

Machinists, Shopkeepers, Butchers, Welders, Sheet Metal Workers.

Now, from another source:

100+

Machine Operators; Shopkeepers; Butchers; Welders; Sheet Metal Workers.

Identical but for one critical distinction; disregarding the latter's abysmal use of a semicolon (and oh-so fluidly demonstrating the right way in this same sentence), it denotes "machine operators" who are totally not the same thing as "machinists".

If I sit you down in front of a lathe and mill and tell you to turn this:

AL6061Blockw.jpg

Into this

8.jpg

and be 100% on specification, whoever adjudges that man of 'average' intelligence- walk into an Applebees on a Friday night, that guy is going to be just as intelligent as most everyone in there sitting at the bar eating their Southwest Chipotle Angus Burger Dinner Plate Special- or otherwise constrained to a career path the same as a butcher, whoever thinks that is not someone qualified to be appraising the intelligence levels of other people.

It seems like I successfully took "brain master" into phase two.

I really wanted to be an early adopter, just once in my miserable life. I'll try referring to somebody sarcastically "brain master" at work in the next few hours, see if I can get a laugh.

• Like 1

Neil Smith, Cheifs DE 6 time pro bowler, 4 time all pro, and Husker great, got a 4 as I recall. His stupidity was legendary, and he worked for at least 1 season, maybe more, as like a commentator or side line reporter or something for the local chiefs pregame/postgame show, or something. Something where they gave him a mic, and if you think Emmitt Smith said hilariously dumb things on ESPN, you've never heard Neil Smith. There was a hilarious website dedicated to his insane quotes but I can't find it right now.

Edit: The page appears to be no longer up, but I Found this quote of it from a forum

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/board/talk-sports/55342-neilbonics.html

“Here’s what I think is going to happen. The coach, Dick Vermeil, is going to overlook everything and there will be some changes here (on the defense). I think what’s going to happen is that they are going to have to putting some players and benching them.”

“I think the biggest responsibility is when you lose Tony Richardson. He’s pretty much the focus of the running game. I think that was a big, big hurt.”

I really like the way he says "pernts" instead of "points."