****official Miami Dolphins Thread*****

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

More than the bullying specifically, I think the NFL has a problem on it's hands with the way veteran players extort money from rookies. In any other workplace on earth, this would be considered an or

They're missing a great big chunk of their offensive line. You might've heard about that.

lol Gase getting hired by the Jets is just as good

I know the "all blacks look alike" joke has been played out, but isn't that Pharrell?

Um.. of course it is. I wasn't saying it was Dez. It's just a picture of Jay Z laughing. Dunno if you noticed, but I like to post pictures of jay z. And really, I should have just gas faced your post, but it's thanksgiving and I'm feeling charitable.

What methods did you use to knock out #s 11 and 13? I'm no mental slouch, but I am pretty sure those questions are designed to be skipped, for the most part.

11 you just need to see that it's a system, and you probably need to know your multiplication tables. If you can do a bunch of algebraic steps at once, it's actually the shorter of the two.

13 is easier, but probably longer. They give you numbers that are so easy to work with that you can just kind of see right away that x has 45% equity, y has 35 and z has 20.

jay-z-pharrell-williams-2.jpg

Yeah, I'm sure Dez Bryant was doing hella word problems when he was at Oklahoma State

Hmmm...initially my assumption was that even if you're an English major, you're going to have to take college algebra...but I guess when you have zero intention of graduating, you can just take 16 different language/social science intro courses and be out.

11 you just need to see that it's a system, and you probably need to know your multiplication tables. If you can do a bunch of algebraic steps at once, it's actually the shorter of the two.

13 is easier, but probably longer. They give you numbers that are so easy to work with that you can just kind of see right away that x has 45% equity, y has 35 and z has 20.

I mean, I know how to actually solve the problem, I was just thinking about how to do it quickly, and mostly in one's head.

But #13 for example, I got right to 45%(4800) - 1/3 (4800) in my head, and then the math was not SUPER easy. The way I did it in my head was something like "half of 4800 is 2400, less ten percent of 2400 is 240 is 2160...." and then went from there, but I didn't if there was a simpler way to do it mentally. I certainly can't do .45(4800) any quicker in my head.

I mean, I know how to actually solve the problem, I was just thinking about how to do it quickly, and mostly in one's head.

But #13 for example, I got right to 45%(4800) - 1/3 (4800) in my head, and then the math was not SUPER easy. The way I did it in my head was something like "half of 4800 is 2400, less ten percent of 2400 is 240 is 2160...." and then went from there, but I didn't if there was a simpler way to do it mentally. I certainly can't do .45(4800) any quicker in my head.

Yeah, I guess I'm just projecting then. I don't have any kind of trick for multiplying/dividing quickly in my head. I can just kind of do it.

• 2 weeks later...

What sucks is that Baltimore has the tiebreaker over Miami if they both finish 10-6.

What doesn't suck is that Baltimore has a slightly tougher final 3 game schedule.

What really sucks is that Miami isn't good enough to go deep anyways if they do make the playoffs.

I think that's correct

No, the dolphins are in better shape than that somehow.

Miami has to win and have Baltimore lose OR have San Diego win. Miami wins the three-way tiebreaker if all three finish 9-7. Very weird scenario.

Dolphins odds of getting the 6 seed are 58%.

Ireland has to go. Five straight non winning seasons, he's been a part of all of them. Sherman really should go. 7 points in two games with the season on the line, no running game, bad ppg numbers.

Philbin should maybe go but I think he survives. My guess is Sherman and Ireland are toast. Good riddance.

Does everyone still think Tannehill is the QB of the future for this team?

Last 2 games with the season on the line, he went 30/67, <300 yards, and 1TD vs. 3 INT

Now I only got to watch about 4 games this season, but I wasn't that impressed. Granted, a lot of that I'm sure has to do with play calling, and maybe he still has some potential, but I'm not totally convinced just yet.

And of course, I do think the QB position is the least of their worries at this point.