I never said Carmelo was the better player or that the Nuggets are the better team. Carmelo is a better late game player than Kobe... END OF STORY.If you wanna argue it then do it, but i will destroy you.
Carmelo was definitely more clutch in college than Kobe...I will give you that.Never mind....too late. Gotta start reading the whole thread.
Carmelo was definitely more clutch in college than Kobe...I will give you that.Never mind....too late. Gotta start reading the whole thread.
gtfo

May 13, 1994 (playoff time)Chicago StadiumThe bulls have wiped a 22 point deficit after 3 quarters away to tie the game at 102-102 with 1.8 second left on the clock. The stadium is roaring as the bulls come out of a timeout.....but Scottie Pippen is not on the floor. The bulls burn a second timeout, sub in pete myers...toni kukoc hits a 20 footer as time expires for the win. Pippen is villified for not being a team player on a coach-diagramed play that goes to a teammate.I was 13 at the time and my opinion on this moment has never changed. Insomuch as such a thing exists....Pippen EARNED this shot. For nearly a decade, Scottie Pippen played his role amazingly behind possibly the largest shadow in all of sports history. I don't think he was "underrated" per se, and I would contend that Michael relied on Scottie just as much as Scottie relied on Michael. At no point during this time was Scottie ever trying to get out of this shadow, not even so much as jostling around to get some sunlight himself. Michael made all the big plays, Michael was called upon to steer the ship, and that's how it was. Pippen, much like myself during my childhood days, put up excellent all around numbers and had the ability to take things over himself any given night. But he wasn't that #1, and he wasn't the one called upon to do it in the 'make or break' moment.Now comes the 1993-1994 season and for the first time of his career, he's the main man. He's got a solid supporting cast, but he's 'the man'. When a situation like this poses itself (2 second left, tie game, playoffs, at home, must win game, etc.) the ball goes to 'the man'. I know that kukoc was a better pure shooter and had made numerous game winners throughout the year, but again, insomuch as such a thing exists, Pippen earned this shot. His response after getting assigned inbound duty was nothing more than a career worth of emotion coming out in a single moment. This was like taking the ball out of Michael's hands all those previous years, something no one would ever do. Now I readily admit that MJ taking final shot is >>>>> Pippen taking final shot. I will even admit that in this situation that Kukoc taking final shot was > Pippen taking it, from a pure X's and O's. But the great coach phil jackson outcoached himself here. Scottie Pippen is like 7% (randomly assigned number) less likely to hit that game winner than Kukoc. You forego that percentage and give the man his due in this situation.I've always wondered, and it's harder to ask in hindsight since Kukoc made the shot, if much akin to Ditka giving the fridge the TD rush in the super bowl, while Payton went without a score, if Jackson would give Pippen that shot.In the end, this moment is only a footnote, and rightfully so, in Pippen's amazing career. I still think it stinks that it ever took place to begin with.

TNT threw up a stat that I found interesting. The leading scorers this year in the 4th quarter are1.Lebron2.Pau Gasol3.Anthony4.KobeWho know Gasol was such a late game producer? Well, besides Lakers fans...annnnnnnnd stat geeks....oh fantasy guys would probably know....well whatever, I didn't know.

May 13, 1994 (playoff time)Chicago StadiumThe bulls have wiped a 22 point deficit after 3 quarters away to tie the game at 102-102 with 1.8 second left on the clock. The stadium is roaring as the bulls come out of a timeout.....but Scottie Pippen is not on the floor. The bulls burn a second timeout, sub in pete myers...toni kukoc hits a 20 footer as time expires for the win. Pippen is villified for not being a team player on a coach-diagramed play that goes to a teammate.I was 13 at the time and my opinion on this moment has never changed. Insomuch as such a thing exists....Pippen EARNED this shot. For nearly a decade, Scottie Pippen played his role amazingly behind possibly the largest shadow in all of sports history. I don't think he was "underrated" per se, and I would contend that Michael relied on Scottie just as much as Scottie relied on Michael. At no point during this time was Scottie ever trying to get out of this shadow, not even so much as jostling around to get some sunlight himself. Michael made all the big plays, Michael was called upon to steer the ship, and that's how it was. Pippen, much like myself during my childhood days, put up excellent all around numbers and had the ability to take things over himself any given night. But he wasn't that #1, and he wasn't the one called upon to do it in the 'make or break' moment.Now comes the 1993-1994 season and for the first time of his career, he's the main man. He's got a solid supporting cast, but he's 'the man'. When a situation like this poses itself (2 second left, tie game, playoffs, at home, must win game, etc.) the ball goes to 'the man'. I know that kukoc was a better pure shooter and had made numerous game winners throughout the year, but again, insomuch as such a thing exists, Pippen earned this shot. His response after getting assigned inbound duty was nothing more than a career worth of emotion coming out in a single moment. This was like taking the ball out of Michael's hands all those previous years, something no one would ever do. Now I readily admit that MJ taking final shot is >>>>> Pippen taking final shot. I will even admit that in this situation that Kukoc taking final shot was > Pippen taking it, from a pure X's and O's. But the great coach phil jackson outcoached himself here. Scottie Pippen is like 7% (randomly assigned number) less likely to hit that game winner than Kukoc. You forego that percentage and give the man his due in this situation.I've always wondered, and it's harder to ask in hindsight since Kukoc made the shot, if much akin to Ditka giving the fridge the TD rush in the super bowl, while Payton went without a score, if Jackson would give Pippen that shot.In the end, this moment is only a footnote, and rightfully so, in Pippen's amazing career. I still think it stinks that it ever took place to begin with.
This is one of the first examples I remember of a pro athlete being a total prima donna bitch. Karma caught up with Pippin though as he's just another washed up broke pro. Good for him.
This is one of the first examples I remember of a pro athlete being a total prima donna bitch. Karma caught up with Pippin though as he's just another washed up broke pro. Good for him.
lol @ replying to my large statement, reciting the same 1.8 seconds of the man's life as a basis to be happy for any negatives in his life.Stay class Wisconsin.

Hey Kobe can I have my crown back lmao :club: set up a game kid

lol @ replying to my large statement, reciting the same 1.8 seconds of the man's life as a basis to be happy for any negatives in his life.Stay class Wisconsin.
lol @ using 1 guy as an example of an entire state!
lol @ kobe bricking 2 straight free throws in crunch time today.
I guess I just don't see your point. I am not a Kobe fan. In fact, I dislike him. But I recognize that he is a top-15 player all time and a champion (and he led his team to last year's title). You are coming across as juvenile and incompetent. That might be your goal, in which case keep up the good work. If it is not your goal, I would suggest that you sit this one out, champ.