Great showing by Tiger, even better showing by Phil. A buddy and I were just having a conversation yesterday about adults who have found religion and what percentage of them have had a singular moment that swayed their thinking. I saw very very little of the Masters today because I was a buddy's watching TIVO'd UFC from last night. The very first part I saw was when Tiger drained the approach on 7. Literally, my buddy switched it from the Yankee game just in time to see Tiger swing and it goes draino. Thought it was a replay from earlier today, but nope, it was live. The second part I saw was when he accidentally turned it off when he tried to fast forward it and what did we see? Tiger draining the eagle on 15. LITERALLY, Tiger drained the putt right when he turned the UFC off.Is Tiger the second coming of Jesus? He spooked me today.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm happy for phil, especially with everything he has had to deal with. I believe I did call the impressive Tiger finish despite his sporadic play :club: Westwood, Kim, and Choi, are definitely rising stars and will get their share of victories in the future.
I agree with all of the above. I was impressed with Tiger's play. That performance by Phil was amazing. They'll talk about yesterday's Eagle Eagle Birdie for years to come, and the shot into 13 today was what legends are made of. You also can't help but root for a guy that's been through what he and his wife have for the last year.To be honest, I don't know much about Lee Westwood, but he showed tons of class today. He handled the greenside interview as well as I've ever seen. Unfortunately for him, he'll be answering the same questions that Phil had to answer for years until his first major. Because of the class he showed today, I'll root for him in the future.And let's hear it for KJ Choi. He stared into the Tiger's eyes for 4 straight days and didn't blink. He also made me some side money, as I bet on him to tie Tiger both yesterday and today (at +750).Finally, thank you Augusta National for another great Masters, and especially for letting the greens be soft enough to allow for good scoring. This was much more entertaining than watching well struck balls bounce waist high and bound over the green, all for the sake of keeping scores around par.
I agree with all of the above. I was impressed with Tiger's play. That performance by Phil was amazing. They'll talk about yesterday's Eagle Eagle Birdie for years to come, and the shot into 13 today was what legends are made of. You also can't help but root for a guy that's been through what he and his wife have for the last year.To be honest, I don't know much about Lee Westwood, but he showed tons of class today. He handled the greenside interview as well as I've ever seen. Unfortunately for him, he'll be answering the same questions that Phil had to answer for years until his first major. Because of the class he showed today, I'll root for him in the future.And let's hear it for KJ Choi. He stared into the Tiger's eyes for 4 straight days and didn't blink. He also made me some side money, as I bet on him to tie Tiger both yesterday and today (at +750).Finally, thank you Augusta National for another great Masters, and especially for letting the greens be soft enough to allow for good scoring. This was much more entertaining than watching well struck balls bounce waist high and bound over the green, all for the sake of keeping scores around par.
I don't wanna go on about Tiger since this was definitely Phil's day. That shot on 13 was one of the best shots I have ever seen. To have the confidence to hit that shot with the Masters on the line is amazing. He did exactly what he had to do to win and even though I'm more of a Tiger fan, I couldn't help but be happy for him. These are the times that remind me why I love golf so much and how special watching events like these are. 15-20 years from now, when they are recalling the heroics of today's final round, I can proudly say I saw the whole thing live. Great story-lines, close finishes, amazing shots, triumph and heartbreak are what seperate golf from other sports in my opinion. I absolutely love it.