• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm fine with the league the way it is as I've enjoyed it over the past two yearsThat being said, I don't even know how many games we played this year but it sounds like Matt has done a nice job in mapping out a 80 game schedule Overall, it's a fun league and I hope that everybody returns!Also it's unbelievable that both the Lions and the Niners will be playing a major game this weekend! I'm a little torn because Jahvid Best has always been one of my favorite players since he went to Cal so I just have to hope that he gets his yards, we somehow control Megatron and the Niners come away with a win! Bragging rights Steve!

I'm fine with the league the way it is as I've enjoyed it over the past two yearsThat being said, I don't even know how many games we played this year but it sounds like Matt has done a nice job in mapping out a 80 game schedule Overall, it's a fun league and I hope that everybody returns!Also it's unbelievable that both the Lions and the Niners will be playing a major game this weekend! I'm a little torn because Jahvid Best has always been one of my favorite players since he went to Cal so I just have to hope that he gets his yards, we somehow control Megatron and the Niners come away with a win! Bragging rights Steve!
The Deettttroit Lions are going very far..Almost as far as my Bills.Year of the underdogs

Dan, you want me to send you the schedule, post it in the game section, or just hold off for now? Sorry I'm getting ahead of myself. I'm already excited for next season.

Dan, you want me to send you the schedule, post it in the game section, or just hold off for now? Sorry I'm getting ahead of myself. I'm already excited for next season.
Haha, I'm excited too. No harm sending it to me I guess, I'll take a quick look when I can. Email is dan_at_guelph (hotmail)
Sorry I'm getting ahead of myself. I'm already excited for next season.
this right here, almost gets ME excited for next year. I like your enthusiasm Matt.Id like Dan's too, if he wasnt always so damn wordy. :club:
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Happy day for the DoucheGators farm team.Mike Trout - future superstar, looks like he'll be spending the entirety of his DoucheGators contract batting in a lineup featuring Albert Pujols. Hopefully, batting leadoff or #2, in front of him!Matt Adams - late-round pick, now has the inside track on replacing Pujols as the Cards 1B man next year. Your early darkhorse for ROY. Then again, he's also a giant fat guy who has convinced very few people he can hit, so he could never even see the majors without surprising a lot of people!Jesus Montero - some rumours the Yanks would go after Pujols. Since they didn't, Montero should have a starting job next year.Bad news for Wilin Rosario though - weird that the Rockies traded Ianetta just to sign Hernandez. Most thought Ianetta would be traded just because Rosario was ready. Probably will emulate what Washington did with Pudge/Ramos - 70/30 or so playing time split in year 1, 30/70 in year 2, rosario full-time in year 3.

Happy day for the DoucheGators farm team.Mike Trout - future superstar, looks like he'll be spending the entirety of his DoucheGators contract batting in a lineup featuring Albert Pujols. Hopefully, batting leadoff or #2, in front of him!Matt Adams - late-round pick, now has the inside track on replacing Pujols as the Cards 1B man next year. Your early darkhorse for ROY. Then again, he's also a giant fat guy who has convinced very few people he can hit, so he could never even see the majors without surprising a lot of people!Jesus Montero - some rumours the Yanks would go after Pujols. Since they didn't, Montero should have a starting job next year.Bad news for Wilin Rosario though - weird that the Rockies traded Ianetta just to sign Hernandez. Most thought Ianetta would be traded just because Rosario was ready. Probably will emulate what Washington did with Pudge/Ramos - 70/30 or so playing time split in year 1, 30/70 in year 2, rosario full-time in year 3.
Its hockey season.
Its hockey season.
Who cares? Jays are going to be awesome this year. Just got a new closer (SERGio Santos), and we've still got a foot in the market for Fielder, Darvish and Gio Gonzalez. Would love just one more starter to complement Romero, Morrow, Alvarez and Cecil. Well, I'd really love two more, and to push Cecil to be a #6.
Who cares? Jays are going to be awesome this year. Just got a new closer (SERGio Santos), and we've still got a foot in the market for Fielder, Darvish and Gio Gonzalez. Would love just one more starter to complement Romero, Morrow, Alvarez and Cecil. Well, I'd really love two more, and to push Cecil to be a #6.
HEHE..I know I m excited too, just joking with you.BTW I dont think the Jays have any shot at Fielder..
You putting Alvarez as #3 makes me think they need 3 more starters. Im tired of guys having good August+Sept, and then suddenly being annointed a starter. Are you missing someone? Is their rotation that bad?
You putting Alvarez as #3 makes me think they need 3 more starters. Im tired of guys having good August+Sept, and then suddenly being annointed a starter. Are you missing someone? Is their rotation that bad?
I agree, Drabek was supposed to be a starter this year.
I don't think the Jays have a shot a Fielder. I think they are not interested. Are you ready to give out a 10 year contract at 20 million per year?
I m not..
Alvarez has some serious potential. Whether he's #3 or #4 doesn't really matter. He'll get regular starts unless he Drabeks.We also have Cecil and Litsch. Maybe others, I can't remember. I really don't like Litsch as a starter, but he pitched well enough last year he might get a chance. I don't like Cecil as more than a #5.For those of you that don't follow farm players, the Jays have some fantastic pitching. Molina was one of about 5 pitchers that most prospect guys rank among the top 50 pitching prospects. It'd be a surprise if any were ready before 2013, but we should have at least 2-3 starter-quality guys by 2013-2014.
I don't think the Jays have a shot a Fielder. I think they are not interested. Are you ready to give out a 10 year contract at 20 million per year?
I think they'll bid, but I doubt they bid highest. For us to win, I think he'd have to pick us over similar or better offers from Milwaukee and Seattle. Don't see that happening unless he sees the Jays as really building something special and wants to play against Boston and New York. Seems like he'll get 6-7 years, no more than $22M/year. He's pretty young, so I'd take him for a contract of a decent length and dollars, but I don't like offering more than the 6/120 that Milwaukee is offering.But it isn't my money! If the Jays can sign him, win some games, and start drawing fans, he'll be worth every dollar and more.

The Darvish situation is very interesting, not that we might get him, but the fact if the rumour is true we outbid the Yankees for the negotiating rights.Way to go Rogers.

2 members of the 'Real' Lethbridge Bulls were murdered about 45 minutes from Lethbridge on Thursday morning in a triple homicide-suicide. It is a really tragic situation. The two guys were headed to Calgary to fly home to PEI for the holidays. Supposedly, the killer was an ex-boyfriend of one of the girls they were driving with. I've driven on that stretch of road hundreds of times, and watched those guys play baseball many times as well.http://news.nationalpost.com/2011/12/16/ri...murder-suicide/