• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jose Lima died, unfortunately Lima Time has ended. He had a couple good years, in '99 went 21-10. Threw 246.1 innings, 3.58 ERA. Wasn't the same after that, had a couple good years, one with the Dodgers and one on an injury shortened year with Kansas City.

I have 4 catchers...3 of them on DL , the other doesnt play when Cecil pitches.nice...

yayyyyyyyyyyyyy Roy, love that guy. I deserve extra perfect game points :club:
I didnt know who had Philly pitching. Congrats...now we got one each. Of course, I didnt start mine. I got to watch the last 3IP, very cool. Always liked Halladay, happy for him.

Talk about a terrible injury - Kendry Morales hits a walk-off homer but lands on his ankle wrong at home plate in the midst of a celebration - out for the season.

Talk about a terrible injury - Kendry Morales hits a walk-off homer but lands on his ankle wrong at home plate in the midst of a celebration - out for the season.
Perfect. Assures him Tier 4. I can sign the 5 year contract right now.
Just noticed that I am now the leader of the unchampionship. What don't I win?
You win Toronto Maple Leafs playoff tickets.

So I guess me running bad is exaggerating??i lose 3 games by a combined one run in the same series.

So I guess me running bad is exaggerating??i lose 3 games by a combined one run in the same series.
I'm running really bad too, so it happens. Past three FCBL games I've had my guys strikeout more times than they get hits. So far today 15k's and 6 hits. Luckily I had a couple good-ish pitching games to win me 2 of 4.
Then we're doing it wrong, imo!
That's not how we do it in the FCHL. I dunno, seems like a 'fair' way to compensate guys for injuries. I guess you can set a minimum, so someone with very few games played doesn't get put in an unfair category. I dunno, this way seems simplest.Was anyone else under the impression it was ppg?
That...is running bad.
That's not how we do it in the FCHL. I dunno, seems like a 'fair' way to compensate guys for injuries. I guess you can set a minimum, so someone with very few games played doesn't get put in an unfair category. I dunno, this way seems simplest.Was anyone else under the impression it was ppg?
No - I thought it was full season. So you do get compensation in a sense if your player gets injured and is knocked out for the year.
No - I thought it was full season. So you do get compensation in a sense if your player gets injured and is knocked out for the year.
It's more like a lottery win and less like compensation.Let's say Pujols get's injured tonight. Using season totals would put him in a very low tier. Pujols does not belong in a low tier. If we used PPG then he would end up where he is supposed to end up. It's early, I'm probably not being very clear.
It's more like a lottery win and less like compensation.Let's say Pujols get's injured tonight. Using season totals would put him in a very low tier. Pujols does not belong in a low tier. If we used PPG then he would end up where he is supposed to end up. It's early, I'm probably not being very clear.
No, that's clear. Neither way is a ton better than the other IMO. Using ppg does raise the issue of what to do if someone only plays a very small number of games. What if Buster Posey got hurt today? Would it be fair that he is in Tier 1? We could probably get around that.I do think using season stats is better overall though. It can have some benefit if someone like Ellsbury or Sizemore is hurt for an extended period, but the result is usually only saving a couple bucks per year. Losing someone for several months or more may not be worth it, or represent only a marginal benefit when the risk of signing someone with a significant injury is considered.It does mean that the best-case scenario might be to have someone miss a few months at the beginning of the season, but that seems like a minor evil. It's also even for everyone, so isn't 'unfair.'
No, that's clear. Neither way is a ton better than the other IMO. Using ppg does raise the issue of what to do if someone only plays a very small number of games. What if Buster Posey got hurt today? Would it be fair that he is in Tier 1? We could probably get around that.I do think using season stats is better overall though. It can have some benefit if someone like Ellsbury or Sizemore is hurt for an extended period, but the result is usually only saving a couple bucks per year. Losing someone for several months or more may not be worth it, or represent only a marginal benefit when the risk of signing someone with a significant injury is considered.It does mean that the best-case scenario might be to have someone miss a few months at the beginning of the season, but that seems like a minor evil. It's also even for everyone, so isn't 'unfair.'
I think the PPG is the best option and thats how its done in the AHL..It would suck though if you have a guy like Bautista and he got injured today...But it works both ways, and its fair for everyone..Its a true indicator of how the player performs over the course of a year.
I think the PPG is the best option and thats how its done in the AHL..It would suck though if you have a guy like Bautista and he got injured today...But it works both ways, and its fair for everyone..Its a true indicator of how the player performs over the course of a year.
Isn't it a true indicator of how a player performs over the course of the year his yearly stats? If a guy gets called up/comes back from injury and destroys the league in August, he hasn't done it all year and I don't think someone should have to deal with the PPG issue of it. You shouldn't have to pay more for someone if you haven't had the benefit of having them all year. Obviously it's not perfect either way but I think it's better to base off the whole season.

I was under the impression that we were using yearly stats, not PPG. I would vote for yearly stats if it came to that**disclaimer, I've had like 5 or 6 guys have DL stints so far this year.