Ha, sorry Dubes.
lol, no worries. I knew it was a bit of a gamble, I was reading good stuff about him at the time. Alas, thats where my limited baseball knowledge hinders me, as I can only go off what other people are writing.
  • Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol @ Serge's luck.His starter was removed from the game after giving up 0 runs in 5.2 innings.
And in a game started by Brian Tallet, against (arguably) the best team in the MLB, his team gives up 3 runs and strikes out 9 for 25 points...assuming Gregg gets this last guy...edit - did I jinx it?edit2 - I jinxed it. Goddamnit. That was a crappy blown save. Lots of close pitches, and a crappy double from Zobrist.
25 K s for me today..that has to be a record.
I was thinking of adding this and maybe a couple other records to the books. I won't bother with this one because that could take years to get broken.
I was thinking of adding this and maybe a couple other records to the books. I won't bother with this one because that could take years to get broken.
All the more reason to add it.
So....I guess I drop Sizemore? Seems like he could be a really cheap long-term deal, but now reports are he won't be playing until March. I'm really torn though.
I think you can re-draft him cheaper at next year's free agent draft. You'll likely have the cap space to do it.
I think you can re-draft him cheaper at next year's free agent draft. You'll likely have the cap space to do it.
That's what I figure. No way he goes for more at auction with two straight years of big question marks.Now all I need to do is acquire another injured player with big question marks...say a Red Sox outfielder...and I'll be ready for next year. :club:
so who's got Strasburg and who has Harper? I think Buster Posey is going to be an all star.
we only have team pitching.

wow I totally missed the discussion about PPG vs yearly stats.Something i didn't see mentioned that might help...there is no possible way for us to go back and tally up all 28x12 players and and figure out what night they played and such. Well I lie, there is a way to do that but wow that is a shit ton of work for nothing.

so who's got Strasburg and who has Harper? I think Buster Posey is going to be an all star.
Go Bears took Washington pitching for $0.50 when there were still more than 20 choices left. Most of us laughed at him. Jay took Harper in the snake draft for $1. I said it was dumb. Are we noticing a pattern? Posey went in the auction and went for a reasonable amount, though he is looking like a bargain now.
wow I totally missed the discussion about PPG vs yearly stats.Something i didn't see mentioned that might help...there is no possible way for us to go back and tally up all 28x12 players and and figure out what night they played and such. Well I lie, there is a way to do that but wow that is a shit ton of work for nothing.
I thought they meant ppg as it pertained to MLB stats, not just how they score in the FCBL. I disagree with it either way, obv,
aka the first overall pick in the recent draft?
How did Jay draft him? I thought a player had to be the property of a major league team.

Can't decide whether to start Boston or Colorado pitching today.Boston - Matsuzaka starting. He has been great or terrible this year. Overall too many walks, but a decent amount of K's. Against Philadelphia which sucks, but Blanton is pitching, which helps.Colorado - Jason Hammel starting. Started off the year terribly. Hasn't been great since, but not terrible either. Fewer K's than Matsuzaka, has had some decent starts recently. Playing the Jays, which is good for K's.Pinnacle has the Red Sox at -150 and the Rockies at -130, so I'd lean towards the Red Sox. Except I just realized the Red Sox will be playing AL rules and the Rockies/Jays by NL rules. Not sure if that's enough to tip the scales!Argggg. Plus, I'll be watching the Jays game...which means I should take Colorado since I get to root for a team while I watch, but a big minus to have to cheer against the Jays. Booo.Opinions?

Can't decide whether to start Boston or Colorado pitching today.Boston - Matsuzaka starting. He has been great or terrible this year. Overall too many walks, but a decent amount of K's. Against Philadelphia which sucks, but Blanton is pitching, which helps.Colorado - Jason Hammel starting. Started off the year terribly. Hasn't been great since, but not terrible either. Fewer K's than Matsuzaka, has had some decent starts recently. Playing the Jays, which is good for K's.Pinnacle has the Red Sox at -150 and the Rockies at -130, so I'd lean towards the Red Sox. Except I just realized the Red Sox will be playing AL rules and the Rockies/Jays by NL rules. Not sure if that's enough to tip the scales!Argggg. Plus, I'll be watching the Jays game...which means I should take Colorado since I get to root for a team while I watch, but a big minus to have to cheer against the Jays. Booo.Opinions?
YO FACE!
Whichever gets you the less points is the one you should choose.