Poker Stars N American Poker Tour At The Venetian

Day 1 of the PokerStars.net North American Poker Tour Main Event at The Venetian in Las Vegas begins at noon Vegas time today.Daniel, looshle and Fluffdog are playing for sure and I hope there are other FCPers as well.They're expecting over 800 players to start this $5K buyin event.Danel will be sending updates via Twitter and as usual there will be updates from Poker News and the Poker Stars Blog.Good Luck today Daniel and the other FCPers playing.http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/daniel-negreanu/twitter.phphttp://www.pokernews.com/live-reporting/20...ain-event/day1/http://www.pokerstarsblog.com/Daniel's Twitter Updates20 February 2010, 2:11 pmRealKidPoker: About to start the NAPT! At my table I recognize one guy, Joe Serock.20 February 2010, 2:25 pmRealKidPoker: Ding ding ding double up on hand 3 to 60k! KJ7 flop turn 3. I had JJ other guy had K3 wow20 February 2010, 4:17 pmRealKidPoker: 54125 at the first break and I'm chillin at the table getting a massage. Did an interview with @KristyArnett for PokerNews.20 February 2010, 6:34 pmRealKidPoker: Got some hands cracked in the last 2 hours and down to 34625 which is about avg. Forgot my headphones in the car and I gotta get em20 February 2010, 6:58 pmRealKidPoker: Big call: I raise A4 flop 962 I bet 1150 guy calls. Turn 3 I check call 3500. River Q I check call 9100. Ace hi wins! Picked up a tell.20 February 2010, 8:09 pmRealKidPoker: Booked some WSOP action with Hellmuth. I gave him 10-1 odds on winning a non-hold'em bracelet. He wants odds on the 50k but 800-1 is a lot.20 February 2010, 8:40 pmRealKidPoker: In the I-POD today is mostly old School Bob Marley and the Wailiers hits from 1967-72. Don't you Rock my boat, etc.20 February 2010, 8:48 pmRealKidPoker: 104125 end of level 6. Been small ballin' and value betting big and getting paid. Cruising.20 February 2010, 10:09 pmRealKidPoker: 1 hour left to play I got 103500 and am very happy with it. Josh Arieh on my left otherwise table is juicy yum yum.20 February 2010, 10:49 pmRealKidPoker: 110k. Buju Banton in a de I-POD right now star. Big up big up. Come nooooow selecta a dat me a say. Ire.20 February 2010, 11:25 pmRealKidPoker: Ended with 76500 after losing 30k in a pot. Flopped pair and flush draw made trips on end but guy made full house21 February 2010, 2:47 pmRealKidPoker: Brynn Kenney Neverwin and Levy's little bro at my table. We are discussing an upcoming fight. Asked Kenney if he's been spit on lately.21 February 2010, 3:28 pmRealKidPoker: Back up to 103,500 after the first level today. Playing well and got moved to a new table where I know no one.21 February 2010, 4:37 pmRealKidPoker: Moved again. New table has Vinsant, Danny Wong and 2easy21 February 2010, 4:58 pmRealKidPoker: 133900 end of level. Just chillin'21 February 2010, 6:16 pmRealKidPoker: Was up to 220k then lost a big one with JJ vs Wong who had 4d 5d. Flop was 9h 2d 3d we went all in. Turn Qd I needed one more. At 147k now21 February 2010, 6:31 pmRealKidPoker: 143,600 at the break. Toughest table I've been at so far21 February 2010, 7:19 pmRealKidPoker: Down to 60k. Just ran a bluff I figured would work 99 percent of the time. Guess not. Guy made a hero call.21 February 2010, 7:44 pmRealKidPoker: Down to 15k now. I raised late with K10 sb called. Flop 10 6 3 he had QQ21 February 2010, 7:59 pmRealKidPoker: Just doubled to 43k with A2 vs 2easy who had AQ. 2 on the flop.21 February 2010, 8:02 pmRealKidPoker: 39800 end of level. Time to pee!21 February 2010, 9:21 pmRealKidPoker: All in for 22,200 with 77 bb called me with 88. Flop... J... 7...7!!!21 February 2010, 9:40 pmRealKidPoker: Up to 57600 and happy about it! About 180 players left 128 get paid. One more level tonight 1500-300021 February 2010, 10:37 pmRealKidPoker: Dang it! Guy raised I moved in with AQ he called with A9 off. Flop KJ9 and I missed. Another bubble finish. Oh well.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

daniel doubles vs. the krablarDing ding ding double up on hand 3 to 60k! KJ7 flop turn 3. I had JJ other guy had K3 wow
I wonder whether the K3 guy would have done the crab dance, pinch-pinch, if he had won the hand.

Formatting NotesYou might be wondering how this tournament is all going to play out. Here's what we know:* Play is starting out 10-handed. This almost certainly has to be a function of space and a desire to allow as many people to enter the tournament as NAPT and Venetian can fit.* As players are eliminated throughout the day, tables will move to 9-handed play.* The schedule for today is to play eight one-hour levels.* Tomorrow the players will play six levels or down to 56 players remaining. Play will be 9-handed.* From Day 3 onwards, play will be 8-handed.

since this is a pokerstars event do you know if there will be a live stream of the last two days of play Bob?
Live online schedule from the NAPT website.February 23, 2010 11:00 ET Bounty Shoot Out Rd 1 February 24, 2010 11:00 ET Main Event Final Table February 25, 2010 11:00 ET Bounty Shootout Final Table

20 February 2010, 4:17 pmRealKidPoker: 54125 at the first break and I'm chillin at the table getting a massage. Did an interview with @KristyArnett for PokerNews.

:28pm: River queen unwelcome to Kid PokerWith the board Q♥7♠5♠5♣ and a smallish pot having developed, Team PokerStars Pro Daniel Negreanu tossed out a single 1,000-chip and his opponent, sitting to his immediate left, thought a moment before calling. The river then brought the Q♦. Negreanu, leaning forward while getting a message, rapidly tossed 2,500 worth of chips forward with both hands. His opponent again paused, but this time reached for chips to raise, making it 10,000. "Ack," Negreanu said frustratedly, sitting up. He showed one card -- the 5♥ -- then folded. He now has about 38,000.

The Grumbling BeginsIt's a well-known fact that poker players tend to be complainers. If there's something the slightest bit off, wrong or just play unusual, they'll gripe about it. The complaints have already started to filter in from many of the players regarding how hard it is to eyeball an opponent's stack. The chip set that the Venetian uses for its high-profile tournaments have a very elegant -- but some would argue impractical -- design. Each starting stack contained green (25), black (100), purple (500), yellow (1,000), red (5,000) and brown (10,000) chips. The flecks on the sides of the chips are small and difficult to see. The biggest complaints are with the dark colors: black, purple and brown.The black and the brown are a particular challenge because they represent such vastly different chip amounts. Players have been instructed to make sure that their biggest chips are on top of their stacks so that there are no "surprises" at any point in a hand. Some players are following this rule; some are either unaware of it or are choosing to ignore it. Unfortunately enforcement of this rule by dealers has been haphazard. It's probably only a matter of time before there's a dispute regarding hidden large-denomination chips.

20 February 2010, 6:58 pmRealKidPoker: Big call: I raise A4 flop 962 I bet 1150 guy calls. Turn 3 I check call 3500. River Q I check call 9100. Ace hi wins! Picked up a tell.

The Daniel and Phil ShowPhil Hellmuth has finally arrived and like a homing beacon has attracted all of the tv cameras in the building. Daniel Negreanu is only a few tables away and keeps running over between hands to discuss terms of a prop bet. Negreanu started out offering Hellmuth 8:1 against Hellmuth winning a bracelet in a non-hold'em even at this year's WSOP. Phil countered with 10:1 and Negreanu accepted. Now they're arguing over how much to wager.

The Daniel and Phil ShowPhil Hellmuth has finally arrived and like a homing beacon has attracted all of the tv cameras in the building. Daniel Negreanu is only a few tables away and keeps running over between hands to discuss terms of a prop bet. Negreanu started out offering Hellmuth 8:1 against Hellmuth winning a bracelet in a non-hold'em even at this year's WSOP. Phil countered with 10:1 and Negreanu accepted. Now they're arguing over how much to wager.
hopefully for PH it's a quarter of a dollar USD.
20 February 2010, 8:09 pmRealKidPoker: Booked some WSOP action with Hellmuth. I gave him 10-1 odds on winning a non-hold'em bracelet. He wants odds on the 50k but 800-1 is a lot.

The Numbers UpdateWe don't have an official announcement of numbers yet, but the big board in the main poker room has been fixed at 872 for several levels now. It's a safe guess that number will be the final tally of entrants, a very impressive showing for the inaugural tournament of NAPT Season 1.

Prizepool and PayoutsThe final numbers are in and a whopping 872 players put up the $5,000 buy-in for the PokerStars.net NAPT Venetian Main Event, creating a prizepool worth over $4 million! The cap was set at 890 players and was nearly reached. First place will receive $827,648 with the rest of the final table being paid out as follows.1st - $827,6482nd - $522,3063rd - $309,3664th - $241,0645th - $184,8166th - $144,6397th - $104,4618th - $60,266A min-cash will net you $7,232 and 128 places will receive a payout.

I think making $5,000 instead of 10k is a big reason for it's success.The fact that it's on ESPN is good too.Is anyone from Team Full Tilt playing? Would really stink if all those players opt out. I saw some tweets earlier from Fluffdog. Don't know if he's still in.

:39pm: Hellmuth sent away by American AirlinesWe approached as a large hand was brewing between Eric Levesque and Phil Hellmuth. The latter looked a bit anxious, as if he had a big hand and wasn't sure how to act on it. But the two were satisfied to see a 4♠ T♠ 5♥ flop. That was when the theatrics began.Hellmuth checked, and Levesque (on the button) bet 4,500. Hellmuth began questioning his options aloud. He looked a few tables over to where Daniel Negreanu was seated and asked for his assistance, not realizing Negreanu was wearing his headphones. A fan saw the antics and went over to Negreanu to deliver the message, at which point Negreanu walked over to Hellmuth. "What's the problem?" he asked.Hellmuth began a short discussion of how players would have acted on certain hands in the old days, and it wasn't long before he cut himself off and declared that he was raising all-in for about 10,000 more. Levesque snap-called and flipped over two red aces, while Hellmuth showed his black queens. The dealer finished the hand with a J♦ turn and 3♦ river.Needless to say, Hellmuth was not quiet or happy, but he was required to pack his things and leave the table.

god what i would have gave for gibler's KO hand at PCA against greenstein to have been against PH. Like seriously, so much monies.Edit: and for gibler to just stare him down and say "dude, grow a pair"