if you're going to shove it in yourself why are you going to have a hard time calling a shove?
that's a good question...lol...i guess the whole dynamic changes. i mean, i'd be more inclined to put him on a higher flush at that point..i've made some crazy lay downs lately, due to the money playing a role. like i said earlier, it's probably my biggest fault/leak at the moment...separting the idea of the monetary value in order to just make the most profitable decesion...i will get over this soon.
I personally like the line hero took. Calling with 7 8 suited with a raiser and 1 caller, isn't too terrible even OOP. (if this plays like a typical 2/5 game)Like KJ, said, you're not going anywhere after the flop, so just bet big on the turn.
Wow, this is the 1st time someone agreed with what i did on a hand..well at least some part of it.
Wow, this is the 1st time someone agreed with what i did on a hand..well at least some part of it.
Actually, I like most of us really like how you played it pre-flop and on the flop.I really like the c/r and the sizing on the flop.
Actually, I like most of us really like how you played it pre-flop and on the flop.I really like the c/r and the sizing on the flop.
well, my bet sizing is getting a bit better .... :club: not counting the turn of course :ts
i've made some crazy lay downs lately, due to the money playing a role. like i said earlier, it's probably my biggest fault/leak at the moment...separting the idea of the monetary value in order to just make the most profitable decesion...i will get over this soon.
You shouldn't be playing up so high then. I've played in games that were over my head, and although I'm sure I could beat them, the dollar signs meant too much to me at that point in time for me to play my A game.
You shouldn't be playing up so high then. I've played in games that were over my head, and although I'm sure I could beat them, the dollar signs meant too much to me at that point in time for me to play my A game.
When i play the 1/2 game at the club i go to, it's kind of the opposite - the $$ is a bit too little to care about. For me, i have to care about what i'm winning/losing in order to play my best; this may not be a good thing, but oh well. And the play in the 1/2 game just doesnt suit me - the swings seem to be bigger.Anyways, with the 2-5 game, i'm comfortable for the most part...it's occasionally when i'm deep stacked against another deep stack, and the pot becomes big, does the "leak" start affecting my decesion making...but really, i'm becoming more and more desensitized the $$ value. Like i said, i've only recently began to start playing regularily...lol, i remember when i started playing when i was 18, it was mainly limit everywhere...i never saw a no limit game in sight...

The money should be "meaningless", actually. The idea is it shouldn't affect your decisions. And if its swingy then you're probably getting a ton of rebuys and there's very deep stack play involved.I dunno... if you're finding yourself "caring" or "not caring" about certain levels of monetary value then you really need to work on your poker Zen.

The money should be "meaningless", actually. The idea is it shouldn't affect your decisions. And if its swingy then you're probably getting a ton of rebuys and there's very deep stack play involved.I dunno... if you're finding yourself "caring" or "not caring" about certain levels of monetary value then you really need to work on your poker Zen.
I don't agree with this, would you honestly put forth your best effort if you played a live 1 cent/ 2 cent game? You wouldn't analyze things quite as well bc u really wouldn't care if you lost a 15 cent pot or not.
I don't agree with this, would you honestly put forth your best effort if you played a live 1 cent/ 2 cent game? You wouldn't analyze things quite as well bc u really wouldn't care if you lost a 15 cent pot or not.
If those were the stakes I was rolled for, yes, I would take it 100% seriously, though I'm sure the stakes would affect decisions simply because the skill level would most likely be weak.When I was released from prison in June I had $50 for a bankroll, so take a wild guess where my rebuilding began.
And just like we would drop stakes if we were playing too high, we jump stakes if we're playing too low. Although I only speaking for people who can't play 10NL seriously. I think 25NL is the max anyone should start at. If you can't take it seriously, you will when you try 50NL and get soulcrushed.
I think 25NL is the max anyone should start at. If you can't take it seriously, you will when you try 50NL and get soulcrushed.
yeah I couldn't imagine counseling anyone to BEGIN playing poker higher than 25nl. Even 10nl imo. With adults who have real jobs you really can't ask them to go much lower even if they don't understand the basics. I know someone from that dreaded chamber called "real life" who was a kitchen table draw poker pro, and he began NLHE last year at 100nl. Lost $2k in a week no problem and quit claiming riggedness
it depends. If you're playing poker to win and to profit then you should treat all levels seriously. But often when you play stakes appreciably lower than your usual then your motivation is not to profit; maybe it's to relieve tilt or to have fun.