• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And you'll be gay.        

Those Dufour-Lapointe sisters are pretty sweet looking.   Plus that Indian guy on the Luge is a freak.

Posted Images

Man some fans of Canada seem to be tilted here haha. Any reports of fires and car flippings yet?
Don't get too excited, nobody here is tilted (well maybe Wayne).I questioned Canada's D before the tournament.
Ya me too. Serge you still up?
yup..come on over...American Apple pie is here... :club:
Can I be an ass for a second?I thought you kept telling us that the US players were a good pick in the pool because the US would not win their group? :ts Sorry buddy, I know you called tonight in your bet, but I had to point that out.Congrats on winning the bet, and nice call so far on USA overall.Having 3 of them in the pool, I was kinda hoping they would lose and have to go apeshit on Germany.
Well yes that was an angle..but a longshot...To be honest its not the pool I am worried about..I honestly truly am cheering for USA because my admiration and love of Brian Burke..Especially after what he has gone through and I think a gold medal would be great for him and the Burke family..
I questioned Canada's D before the tournament.
what does this mean?are you trying to say if they lose, you got an out, and get to keep your "I told you so's".I dont think they lost tonight because of their D. And even if they had, still just 1 game.
what does this mean?are you trying to say if they lose, you got an out, and get to keep your "I told you so's".I dont think they lost tonight because of their D. And even if they had, still just 1 game.
Huh? An out for what? I'm responding to those who are pointing fingers claiming that some of us are in panic mode and questioning the roster choices.You don't think they lost because of their D? Pronger sucked balls and was used by the USA as a target.
i think there d was pretty horrid tonight .. ? along with goaltending.i mean 3 of the 4 goals were becouse lazy D.. give away.. ok unluckypronger sleeping... ok was a power playlast goal .. no excuse
i think there d was pretty horrid tonight .. ? along with goaltending.i mean 3 of the 4 goals were becouse lazy D.. give away.. ok unluckypronger sleeping... ok was a power playlast goal .. no excuse
the last goal? you mean the empty netter....that was Perry, a FWD. or do you mean the 4th?
Huh? An out for what? I'm responding to those who are pointing fingers claiming that some of us are in panic mode and questioning the roster choices.You don't think they lost because of their D? Pronger sucked balls and was used by the USA as a target.
Did Pronger kinda blow? Yeah, a little. Not impressive. But I think if i HAVE to give you a reason why they lost, I would say its a combination of Brodeur vs Miller and being outworked by the US. The US players blocked a ridiculous number of shots that the announcers gave Miller credit for, and what they didnt, Miller stopped. I think THAT was the difference, not Pronger.Personally, I dont look for 1 reason for why someone lost a game. Its hockey, a play here or there different of someones skate, and this thing is going to a shootout right now. I dont think anyone would say Canada was outplayed in this game, and I dont think you lose a game cause of 1 D man.
the last goal? you mean the empty netter....that was Perry, a FWD. or do you mean the 4th?
my bad yes i did mean the empty netter. SHOOT ME !!! :club:
Did Pronger kinda blow? Yeah, a little. Not impressive. But I think if i HAVE to give you a reason why they lost, I would say its a combination of Brodeur vs Miller and being outworked by the US. The US players blocked a ridiculous number of shots that the announcers gave Miller credit for, and what they didnt, Miller stopped. I think THAT was the difference, not Pronger.Personally, I dont look for 1 reason for why someone lost a game. Its hockey, a play here or there different of someones skate, and this thing is going to a shootout right now. I dont think anyone would say Canada was outplayed in this game, and I dont think you lose a game cause of 1 D man.
i def agree with this
my bad yes i did mean the empty netter. SHOOT ME !!! :club:
no prob, wasnt trying to be an ass, just mentioning that I dont think it was a Dmans fault. I dont know, I guess I just didnt think the D were the problem. Maybe Im giving them a pass as a whole, because the best ones were simply amazing tonight. Personally, Id kill to play the game like Doughty, or even Keith.
damn, things just keep working out today.....now, while waiting for FIN-SWE, I get to watch episode 2 of the new season of High Stakes Poker til the game starts. sweet!
when was this on
I didn't say they lost because of one player. Pronger was a liability on the ice and the US was targeting him by dumping the puck in to his side. Who knows, maybe Brodeur felt he had to compensate because, as much as he likes to wander, he seemed to be out of his net more than usual. Miller played well for sure but I thought the Canadian players hit him in the chest with an awful lot of shots. I also thought they held onto the puck a little too long at times. I'm not saying Canada deserved to win because they made mistakes and the US capitalized. I also think the US players worked harder and wanted the puck more. I noticed Callahan in particular win a couple of battles for the puck. This loss doesn't really bother me at all if they can learn something from it.----------I've always wondered why teams that are put together for tournaments like this place such emphasis on having offensive defensemen. It seems to me that Stanley Cup winning teams always have shutdown d-men to throw out on the ice.
I've always wondered why teams that are put together for tournaments like this place such emphasis on having offensive defensemen. It seems to me that Stanley Cup winning teams always have shutdown d-men to throw out on the ice.
So I gotta ask.........who would your top 6/7 be then?
So I gotta ask.........who would your top 6/7 be then?
Not sure...I like using pairings like Keith and Seabrook who are familiar with each other. It's a great advantage to know your partner's tendencies.Why not a guy like Jeff Schultz? He's not gonna give you much offense but I'm fairly certain there's enough offensive weapons to compensate.F*** it...here's 6 or 7... :)Duncan KeithBrent SeabrookDrew DoughtyJeff SchultzRobyn Regehr (I think he's eligible)Jay BouwmeesterI guess it comes down to the fact I just don't think Pronger and Neidermayer should be on this team. Also, why take a so-called big-name player and ask him to play a different role than he's accustomed to when you can choose a player who's been playing that role his whole career? I always think of a comment by Herb Brooks where he talked about not choosing the best players but rather choosing players who would make the best team. It makes so much sense, but I guess Canada doesn't really have the luxury of that gamble. Can you imagine the outrage if (for example) Staal, Getzlaf and Perry were left off the team and replaced with (for example) Steve Ott, Mike Fisher and Brooks Laich?

And FFS, Joe Thornton is the biggest pansy-assed mofo I've ever seen on skates. 230 lbs of cotton f-ing candy skating down the ice. I swear to dog, I think he apologizes when he accidentally runs into someone.

And FFS, Joe Thornton is the biggest pansy-assed mofo I've ever seen on skates. 230 lbs of cotton f-ing candy skating down the ice. I swear to dog, I think he apologizes when he accidentally runs into someone.
You know I kept saying that to the TV. My son caught on and said the same thing. Joe Thornton disappears in big games.
looking forward to this game. love both of these teams.you canadians are taking this well. I commend your appreciation for good hockey in the face of defeat.
I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not.