$.10/.25 nl 42 hr marathon session...$25 --> $525

ok i'm gonna warn you. this post is long but it was an exciting 42 hrs for me and i thought i'd do a recap of a bunch of stuff that happend during this time...sooo if you dont care about what i did, click back and read something else. original thread is here if you're interested... http://fullcontactpoker.com/poker-forums/v...3843&highlight= if you do, grab something to eat or drink and read on, i tried to make it readable....Saturday May 21st:7am- after watching my friend bleu329 for over 4 hrs dominate at 25-50 NL and take in a cool 7k i decide to sit down at .10/.25 Fulltiltforum.com table with the max buy-in of $25. within the hour i have my stack up to $80 after 2 double up big pots. a few others at the table have a decent stack within the next two hours, there is one guy with $90 and another with $80 then of course bleu with about $175 so i decide if i can get into a big pot with the other big stacks, i'm going to gamble and try to take them.11am- i took the other 2 big stacks....2 out of 3 hands i call big raises preflop with like 33 and 44 and hit sets. one vs KK, the other vs AK on flop of kk3. i get paid both times to the tune of taking their entire stack....currently sitting around $220 and i start making plans of ruining my saturday and not leaving this table. noon- my mom calls me and asks me if i'm coming home this weekend. sorry mom!1pm-7pm - i got into a huge rut where i didnt make many money for quite sometime. but this is also the time people started flooding into the room amazed at the stack of what was now $250. lots of railbirds, lots of questions. friends of mine who had no idea what fulltilt was DL'd the software and watched, it was awesome. sometime in here i think pupsta made a post on fcp which drew a big crowd to the table as well8-11pm- bleu returns to the table and here comes the loose action....people were playing crazy and i was rewarded with another $90. i also came into my first bit of bad luck as AQ beat my KK all in preflop which cost me around $33 off of my own stack, $70 pot. up until this point i had won every pot where i was the fave preflop, it was a major rush.1am- i finally take my first extended break (a couple of times i had "sat out" for around 10 hands to go to the bathroom, get food, take a phone call, etc)....i find out i can leave for 30 mins and not lose my spot or stack so i make a quick run to the gas station for pizza and pop1:30am-6am - i am actually feeling great for having been up so long...a couple times i was sitting alone and a few stragglers came in with $10 which i disposed of. other than for like 30 mins, i had a full ring of 9 people the whole time though. one guy 3 handed actually gave me a hell of a time and he had run his stack up to $65 at my expense but one big bluff by me and a later flush vs 2pr and he was down to the felt....a couple of times i contemplated leaving but i had drank so much pop i wasnt even tired.Sunday May 227am- i have now been sitting for a full day and i reward myself with a victory beer. i did not care what time it was, time meant nothing. 8am-noon- friends started coming in asking me if i went to bed and if i had been there all night. people who had said goodnight to me were now saying good morning in disbelief. i now had run up to $460 and people outside of the regular crowd were starting to get wind of this. tons of railbirds asking me for money, tons of other weird questions, tons of support though too. i took a big loss losing with JJ to AK preflop but 10 hands later during this time i hit my biggest pot of the adventure. i was dealt AA and just said f it i'll bet 345 dollars preflop and to my amazement, a guy with $54 calls! he has AK and i hold up and am now sitting with $527.noon-5 - this is what i called the doldrums of the experiment...there was a ton of great players at my table for a long time and i couldnt get anything going... lot of players from fullcontactpoker.com started coming in and going to town on my stack too....as you can imagine, betting only a quarter when i had so much led to some bad calls and raises and i was basically playing like a fool. support came in once and warned a few railbirds who had gotten out of control (thanks rao). also i had floods and floods of IM's coming in on AIM and i was basically just talking to people and not even playing anymore. most asked questions were "whats the max buy-in" and "how long have you been sitting here?" anyways, i play solid enough and hit 2 big hands late to get up to $660, which sadly, would be my peak6pm - i am a total mess. i cannot see straight. i fall asleep during hands i am not in. its almost 36 hrs at this point. one hand i call preflop, i fall asleep on the flop but there was no betting so i hit a set on the turn when i somehow woke up. it was amazing. i win like a $20 pot cuz of it. anyways i drop to around $610 because i am playing everyhand and i kid you not, i thought i was playing omaha for a while. also one time, i fell asleep and FT alerted me it was time to act and i went to go answer the door! i thought it was the freaking doorbell. i had turned off my cell phone cuz calls were streaming in and i was too lazy to answer. i was calling with any 2 cards just hoping to hit it big, i was definetly out of control. i made a few posts at a message board and my typing looked like i had drank 18 beers, it was rediculous. i also started seeing things, like the letters on my keyboard were 3D, the avatars on FT looked like they were moving and talking. not only this but my internet started lagging and for the first time i started getting annoyed with people....8pm- my stack is at $580 and i am in BIG Trouble. i also lose a 4 way all in preflop...other guys had KK, JJ, and Q3 and i had AK of hearts. i hate going all-in preflop with AK in ring games but i was last to act and i had awesome odds.... flop came 2 hearts so i win if i get a heart or Ace but i dont and i lose what was a $103pot. my friends are begging me to leave as my play has obviously deteriorated and i am getting a big head from everyone coming in and telling me how great i was doing. i was so out of it. i had no idea sleep deprevaton could do this to someone (come on kent, where you at with that info!) but luckily i lose my internet and i have to restart and unplug and reconfigure my wireless settings. at this point i didnt care if i couldnt make it back on, i was such a mess and i think i was looking for an excuse to quit. anyways, i get back on FT but there is a waiting list at MY table! FT makes you buy back in with what you left at but they have some time limit on it, i think its 30 min but anyways someone leaves so i can sit down and sure enough, i buy back in for $575 bucks! and i'm feeling great as i have now laid down for 15 mins, eaten a real meal and talked to some important people on the phone. up until this point i had drank 16 mtn dews and eaten 3 frozen pizzas only.8-mdnight- i honestly feel like i am playing drunk and during this time my stack fluctuates from 550-650. i remember one point where i called 20 straight raises preflop ranging from J3 to 8-5 just cuz i could. not much to report and its because i honestly cant remember shi.t. up til now i had taken stats (which i eventually ripped up...read on) but now all i cared about was winning money. there was a huge waiting list to play and this was also due to the return of bleu. Mdnight- we have trouble. bleu has worked his stack up to $200, i feel like garbage and i get into a big pot. but first we have some fun. 3 way preflop we started raising 25 cents everytime like it was limit with no cap. we raised all the way up to $5.75 as the crowd howled and observers were lol'ing like crazy. anyways, the 3rd guy in the hand bumps it up to 10 bucks and i just call with my pocket 6s. bleu raises another 10 bucks, other guy folds and i call. flop was 5-5-3. looks good to me. bleu bets a whopping $60 (!!!) and i am stunned but i call. i should have raised knowing he'd fire again on the turn but for some reason i didnt...anyways, the turn is a Q and bleu goes all in for $150 (!!!)....the chat is screaming for a call but i of course need to think this through, this is huge. full tilt gives me my whopping 15 secs to think and near the end i decide i think he has K10 and i hit "call". but nothing happens. the "call" button pushes in and freezes. the next thing i know i have two new hole cards and bleu is $159 richer. i couldnt believe it...i asked what he had (my hand history wasnt working which was awesome) and i was told j10 and i later looked and saw. i could not believe it. i had to sit out for 10 hands to avoid tilt as the rail bashed me and i contemplated what had just happend. my roomate who had been to work and back twice now since i had started talked to me for 5 mins which was my in first in person encounter besides the gas station clerk. 2am- i decide to shrug it off but by now i am getting bombarded with my friends telling me to leave but i was in such a stage i just was not going to listen to anyone. it was weird cuz there was people who were there with me since hr1 talking with me but then there'd be some random guy who'd come in and just be in shock. then all these pro's start coming in and saying hi and how this is amazing/borderline rediculous...first Jen Harmon, then Clonie Gowen....people start telling me that phil gordon is talking about me in his SNG....that cheered me up and it was at this time i started realizing what i had done and that its basically rediculous to continue so i was about to leave and then freaking john juanda comes in and starts playfully taunting me! exact words:" John Juanda (Observer): i m not trying to win your stack Allen, just wanna play wif you, really,,,,,promise :-p " ...WOW. no way i am leaving now but things start going through my mind such as "could i really lose the rest of this $500 to a pro"....anyways he doesnt stay long and i win a few pots and finally decide to get some sleep 42 hrs after i first started. it could have been $910 if my 66 call goes through and i dodge a J or 10 on the river but i am pretty happy leaving with this much money. final total $525. i'm not big on self promotion but this felt great...all kinds of people congratulating me all day, my name popping up all over on poker message boards, stuff like that. the best thing is a bunch of doubters seeing what you had accomplished and having them say nice job. that and finally playing well enough to grind out these low stakes and make it worthwhile. i'd just like to also thank all of you who stuck with me during parts of this marathon....no way i do it without you...also, thanks for everyone who played with me and chatted with me, it was a great time. i sat tonight with $25 and ran it up to $63 at the same table and i started thinking part 2? but i decided nah...thats it....i'm sure i left things out...people told me i should have kept better stats/log of what went down but i didnt and now it all seems like a blur and after my 'no call' on bleu i ripped up only page of stats, i think i saw like 3000 hands up til then or something......my total flops seen was something outrageous like 61% .......i could have made so much more if i didnt waste so much seeing flops but i guess also most of the time i just stole anyways so it didnt matter....but a round of applause to you if you read this! thanksnot that i am a better player than anyone but here are some tips/advice:1) people WILL NOT lay down AA or KK , even QQ at these stakes. use this to your advantage if you have 7-8 suited and not facing that big of a raise. implied odds are astronomical at this level2) show your bluffs. even if its only 1 or 2, i swear people only remember this. they think you will always have BS and you will get paid off. trust me3) bet all your draws, all the time if you want to get paid off. if you check call or check check and you eventually hit, good luck getting money. there are indeed very good players at this level, they just dont have the roll. 4) any pp in my mind is worth a preflop call if its not like something rediculous like $4. set and you are golden. i guess its easier when you are way up though so this might not be too useful5) trust your gut. i made laydowns all day when i thought i might win but decided it wasnt worth it.and finally and most importantly:when you sit down, have a goal! i think its important because for example, when i was at like $490, i wanted to hit $500 so i started playing smart and i realized even a $5 loss could set me back even more time. with a goal you dont want to lose and money becomes more important. just my advice, good luck!

Was fun to watch you for a while!Loved the fact that the waiting list got to be over 15 at one point :club:

i enjoyed the post, but am amazed at the lack of flames.firstly, it sounds like you and your friend were colluding, esp. raising $0.25 each time.secondly, you seem to have a serious problem. 42 hours is too long. that to me screams 'obsession' and maybe a gambling problem. you did very well and i congratulate you, especially on your ability to sit out after that 66 hand, but you were not making millions of dollars, and the game would have been there if you left for 8 hours to get some sleep or meet some friends.if this was just a one-time thing, than congratulations and thanks for the interesting read. if you find yourself playing for countless (well, not literally) hours on end, i would consider rethinking that.cheers,daniel

Only one word for that post and that performance AWESOME.I saw you chatting with Harmen and Gowen but id hit the sack b4 Juanda got there you lucky ****!!

Only one word for that post and that performance AWESOME.I saw you chatting with Harmen and Gowen but id hit the sack b4 Juanda got there you lucky censored!!
Yeah, that was what was so great about it that everyone was on the site talking about it and the pros had to check it out also.
i enjoyed the post, but am amazed at the lack of flames.firstly, it sounds like you and your friend were colluding, esp. raising $0.25 each time.secondly, you seem to have a serious problem.  42 hours is too long.  that to me screams 'obsession' and maybe a gambling problem.  you did very well and i congratulate you, especially on your ability to sit out after that 66 hand, but you were not making millions of dollars, and the game would have been there if you left for 8 hours to get some sleep or meet some friends.if this was just a one-time thing, than congratulations and thanks for the interesting read.  if you find yourself playing for countless (well, not literally) hours on end, i would consider rethinking that.cheers,daniel
you grump.that's not collusionand i highly doubt he makes these 42 hour sessions regularly or we would have heard from him much earlier.there are no flames in this thread because the OP doesn't deserve to be flamed.
Maybe I'll start playing for real soon
keep in mind, he put himself through that for $11.90/hour, if i read correctly. this isn't a flame, just an observation. my value judgment is that it was worthwhile as a one-time deal, only. quite a feat.
i enjoyed the post, but am amazed at the lack of flames.firstly, it sounds like you and your friend were colluding, esp. raising $0.25 each time.secondly, you seem to have a serious problem.  42 hours is too long.  that to me screams 'obsession' and maybe a gambling problem.  you did very well and i congratulate you, especially on your ability to sit out after that 66 hand, but you were not making millions of dollars, and the game would have been there if you left for 8 hours to get some sleep or meet some friends.if this was just a one-time thing, than congratulations and thanks for the interesting read.  if you find yourself playing for countless (well, not literally) hours on end, i would consider rethinking that.cheers,daniel
you grump.that's not collusionand i highly doubt he makes these 42 hour sessions regularly or we would have heard from him much earlier.there are no flames in this thread because the OP doesn't deserve to be flamed.
was just pointing out some thoughts. as i said, if it was a one-time thing then i congratulate him on his success and i thanked him for the great read

"i kid you not, i thought i was playing omaha for a while"LMAO! :club: solid line!good work, it's always fun being on a rush like that.. i tend to play that way on the 1cent 2cent NL on poker stars and generally just destroy the table making risky plays with good reads it's great fun :-) sounds like you really know what you're doin' and have a head on your shoulders. good read, and good luck to you.

I see your from MN, same here, You ever been to Canturberry card club yet? I go all the time, thinking about going this weekend and put in a marathon session. Where you go to school down here? I go to U of M.

Great read AllenRay4.I love stuff like this! I read one of the original posts when you were on the tables, and my first thought was, "okay. What's the big deal?" However, I decided to go check out the table, and play a railbird for a bit. I have to admit, I was quickly drawn into the excitement. You were right about the $600 mark at this time, and I saw the hand when you made the set on the turn or river with 44 (I think).Anyway. Great job. I love to play the little pot limit tables over on Absolute as a break from my regular limit games. I don't know, you might have inspired me to do something insane, though I know I can't come close to 41 hours. A 24 hour session would be more than substantial for me.

wow. :shock: a big congradulations to you! definetly a great read.and im sure this is somethign you wont forget, and well worth the time.its actaully inspired me! lolim planning on a 24hour session on party sometime next week.wish me luck!

you guys are great, i'm glad you enjoyed the readcouple of quick points.....that one instance wasnt colluding at all...truth is, bleu wanted my stack, he even told me so. he tried pulling off that bluff even knowing how long i had been there and how hard i had worked to get that much! i have no idea what the other guy had but when bleu and i were raising 25cents he out of nowhere raised $5 and later folded to bleu's re-raise preflop so he was just tryin to make a play at the pot...its not like we suckered him into it.also, i do not have a gambling problem...it started out as a major rush and it just kept going. yeah, i coulda quit and came back but i liked having that stack and if i come back i have to buy-in with $25, what fun is that!?....and at the same time, it was profitable. i actually never did the math of what i made an hour but i knew it was good. i actually had $660 after 36 hrs but dropped $130 on my final 4 hrs which hurt my final stats but throughout the run it made sense for me to stay anywaysi'm pretty sure this is a one time thing but we will see. a lot of people asked me a lot of different questions all relating basically to 'how did you do it?'....and usually the answer i gave them was just that it's easy to win, but the hard part is not f'ing up. i know i laid down the best hand a bunch of times but sometimes making the call would not have made sense...like if someguy overbets the river for $10 on a $4 pot and i think i have him beat, its not necessarily an easy call for me. goes back to my 'have a goal' thing in my original postthanks guys! and gl to anyone who tries this...its a lot of fun but make sure you remember some of the bad parts of the story as well!
you guys are great, i'm glad you enjoyed the readcouple of quick points.....that one instance wasnt colluding at all...truth is, bleu wanted my stack, he even told me so. he tried pulling off that bluff even knowing how long i had been there and how hard i had worked to get that much! i have no idea what the other guy had but when bleu and i were raising 25cents he out of nowhere raised $5 and later folded to bleu's re-raise preflop so he was just tryin to make a play at the pot...its not like we suckered him into it.also, i do not have a gambling problem...it started out as a major rush and it just kept going. yeah, i coulda quit and came back but i liked having that stack and if i come back i have to buy-in with $25, what fun is that!?....and at the same time, it was profitable. i actually never did the math of what i made an hour but i knew it was good. i actually had $660 after 36 hrs but dropped $130 on my final 4 hrs which hurt my final stats but throughout the run it made sense for me to stay anywaysi'm pretty sure this is a one time thing but we will see. a lot of people asked me a lot of different questions all relating basically to 'how did you do it?'....and usually the answer i gave them was just that it's easy to win, but the hard part is not f'ing up. i know i laid down the best hand a bunch of times but sometimes making the call would not have made sense...like if someguy overbets the river for $10 on a $4 pot and i think i have him beat, its not necessarily an easy call for me. goes back to my 'have a goal' thing in my original postthanks guys! and gl to anyone who tries this...its a lot of fun but make sure you remember some of the bad parts of the story as well!
you've definitely got a head on your shoulders. i was just pointing out my thoughts, but you didn't need the advice and i'm glad about that. congratulations on an amazing run. although i am very disappointed you didn't try to strike up a conversation with gowen - that really would've completed your night :wink: cheers,daniel

yeah I wouldn't recomend putting in a marathon session like this just for the heck of it...I've done something close to, definitely nothing like 42 hours but I think I was around the 30 hour mark... and it was about 30 hours at 3:00 in the morning... it got ridiculous.... I was making the STUPIDEST call in the history of the game... and then I started dozing off in between hands....or even worse, I would be in a hand bet $20 and the fall asleep before the next person to act would call, eventually all the action would come through, and the turn would come... and I'd time out because I fell asleep in between the flop and turn... it's hard, and not always worth it..I was lucky to come out of mine around even for the night. I made a lot of stupid decisions that night. let's just say this..... if you make $420 on quad jacks.... and an hour later you're back to even for the night... it's time to go to sleep.