I'm guessing thanks to March Madness my PVR recorded some other crap that wasn't Amazing Race.I'll never be recording on CBS again, just on Global I guess. Same thing happened with Survivor on Thur.
Yep...hence why I always record the show right after it. In the US usually it's the NFL that causes the delay.
  • Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bleacher, do you have an issue with Caite grabbing her boobies? I sure as hell don't :-). I agree about the cocnut thing, though...that was just plain idiocy. How do you not take a look around as you're getting the ox hooked up or a look over the shoulder on your way out of the compound?And the Cowboys are starting to look kind of dumb, also. "We saw something in the bottle but it was too hard to get out"???I think it was fairly clear this was going to be a non-elim round due to the remoteness of the Seychelles. What a beautiful island group...

Bleacher, do you have an issue with Caite grabbing her boobies? I sure as hell don't :-). I agree about the cocnut thing, though...that was just plain idiocy. How do you not take a look around as you're getting the ox hooked up or a look over the shoulder on your way out of the compound?And the Cowboys are starting to look kind of dumb, also. "We saw something in the bottle but it was too hard to get out"???I think it was fairly clear this was going to be a non-elim round due to the remoteness of the Seychelles. What a beautiful island group...
Well obv, not really. It just looked odd. He's talking to the camera and she's standing behind him groping herself.I had more of an issue with them constantly calling each other dummy and stupid-head. They act like they're 14 sometimes.
The non-elimination legs are definitely what I hate most about the show. They are obviously saved for when a popular team finishes last. I hate the lesbos just as much as everyone else, but Jet and Cord f'ed up twice in the episode and don't deserve to be there anymore.
Agree. The disappointing thing was that this week seemed like one of the closer/more competitive races, so it kinda killed the excitement to make it a non-elim.
Steve and Allie pwned the tortoise, but it will be interesting to see how the loss of backpacks will affect them. They're gonna need to acquire some clothes eventually. Cowboys got real lucky, still can't stand the lesbians or the gay brothers, and team Dumbass gets more annoying every week (What was with the clip of her grabbing her boobs on the boat?).
My team did good this week, pleased with their progress. The backpack thing worried me as I thought they needed to go back but I'm glad they didn't. Worth it for all that 7up, right?The boob grabbing was funny, I suspect she did that deliberately to be honest. I think she is on the show for exposure and things like that, and saying provocative things about "feeling dirty" and being a "bad kid in school" all seem like she is trying to present herself as a little sexpot. I expect she will end up posing in Maxim or something after the show.
There's also no question in my mind the producers use a non-elim round to save the popular players. It's like the save card on American Idol, they can use it at anytime and control the game. They may only do it twice a season or whatever but it's obviously used strategically to up their rankings another week.
They tend to do the non-elim 3 times in the race. with one saved for the last 3 or 4 teams. So I am expecting another one nearer the final.
Well obv, not really. It just looked odd. He's talking to the camera and she's standing behind him groping herself.I had more of an issue with them constantly calling each other dummy and stupid-head. They act like they're 14 sometimes.
OMG, that was too funny (I'll spell it how they said it): "Your a frikkin idiot""No, your a frikkin idiot"lol...please don't let them become parents.
My team did good this week, pleased with their progress. The backpack thing worried me as I thought they needed to go back but I'm glad they didn't. Worth it for all that 7up, right?The boob grabbing was funny, I suspect she did that deliberately to be honest. I think she is on the show for exposure and things like that, and saying provocative things about "feeling dirty" and being a "bad kid in school" all seem like she is trying to present herself as a little sexpot. I expect she will end up posing in Maxim or something after the show.
Or Playboy. Wouldn't be surprised.As long as they don't give these idiots a reality show on E!.
Brent: "Nobody likes the lesbians. It's pretty anonymous."awkward pause.....Phil: "Unanimous?"
I'm pretty sure it was the tall cop that helped him out with unanimous lol, but either way classic
I'm pretty sure it was the tall cop that helped him out with unanimous lol, but either way classic
Nah it was definitely Phil, hilarious tho.I'd like Jet & Cord to get back into it now but it seems unlikely.
Nah it was definitely Phil, hilarious tho.I'd like Jet & Cord to get back into it now but it seems unlikely.
I wouldn't say it is unlikely at all. Look at how easily Jordan and Jeff got back into the race after their speedbump - if the cowboys get such an easy task I think they'll make it back into the running without much difficulty. They've been a fairly strong team, they just need to focus more and pay attention to the details.
I wouldn't say it is unlikely at all. Look at how easily Jordan and Jeff got back into the race after their speedbump - if the cowboys get such an easy task I think they'll make it back into the running without much difficulty. They've been a fairly strong team, they just need to focus more and pay attention to the details.
Jeff and Jordan pulled it off because the Asian couple got U-turned and couldn't work out the Morse Code challenge.
Jeff and Jordan pulled it off because the Asian couple got U-turned and couldn't work out the Morse Code challenge.
Yeah but their task was very simple and not all that time-consuming, that was my point. If they had been faster in general (didn't they get lost etc that episode? its hard to remember now) they would have been able to catch up.
Yeah but their task was very simple and not all that time-consuming, that was my point. If they had been faster in general (didn't they get lost etc that episode? its hard to remember now) they would have been able to catch up.
Prolly, yeah...I forget what they had to do. And I also recall they did not get lost, amazingly enough, as you say
Prolly, yeah...I forget what they had to do. And I also recall they did not get lost, amazingly enough, as you say
I think all they had to do was build a wall/fence with sticks

I can't remember any of these missions that we're all that hard. Last year I remember something like having to sit on a bus in a sauna or something. All the teams will be boarding planes so I'd imagine the Cowboys will start out even with at least some if not all of the teams. I haven't given up on them yet.

Wow rigged. How do Jet and Cord leave that snake temple in last, lose their taxi, and still make it to the next task like way ahead of everyone?

Wow rigged. How do Jet and Cord leave that snake temple in last, lose their taxi, and still make it to the next task like way ahead of everyone?
...a better question is why would Allie quit on the flag challenge after like 10 minutes?
Mainly because they pwned the flag balancing. It seriously looked like it took them 5 minutes while the rest of the teams had to hike up and down 150 stairs carrying wooden torches.
...a better question is why would Allie quit on the flag challenge after like 10 minutes?
If that. It seemed like she took one try at balancing it and just gave up.Crazy episode. The travel obv helped the cowboys as they basically all started the leg even, but it really showed the parity of this season's teams. The 6 teams finished this leg in exact reverse order of the previous leg.Tough leg. I knew immediately that if a team would both risk going to the flag challenge and be able to complete it, it would be a real time saver. Kudos to the cowboys. Like I've said before, very few teams take the higher risk, higher reward detour. They just all go do the manual labor type tasks.And a bunch of pretty crappy cabbies (except the one Dan and Jordan let get away).Tough leg for Steve and Allie. I'm sorry to see them go. They start in 1st place, have the travel completely erase any lead they had, then really got in trouble with their cabbie. Getting out to run, then getting lost, going to the flag challenge and having to backtrack all the way back to the torches just killed them. The editing made it look like they were closing in on the brothers at the torch detour, but I don't think it was all that close.My personal ranking of the remaining teams:CowboysLesbiansDetectivesDumbassesGay brothers
Mainly because they pwned the flag balancing. It seriously looked like it took them 5 minutes while the rest of the teams had to hike up and down 150 stairs carrying wooden torches.
No, I'm saying even before that. The first clue off of the airplane was to go to that snake temple. The cowboys get there last, then they lose their cab. They call a cab to come pick them up to take them to their challenge, and they arrived at their challenge before everyone else. Was the flag balancing challenge like 1 minute away from the snake temple while the other challenge 30 minutes away? How did that happen?
No, I'm saying even before that. The first clue off of the airplane was to go to that snake temple. The cowboys get there last, then they lose their cab. They call a cab to come pick them up to take them to their challenge, and they arrived at their challenge before everyone else. Was the flag balancing challenge like 1 minute away from the snake temple while the other challenge 30 minutes away? How did that happen?
editing

Does anybody even remember which brother is the gay one ? I'm rooting for the cowboys with my guys, supercops, to come in second or third for a mincash.

Could've been travel/streets. The detectives, brothers, and Steve and Allie all ran into heavy traffic on their way. Maybe the roads were smoother for the cowboys.
editing
Or this. They may not really have gotten there 1st but finished so quickly they had a big lead.