Big disagree here. Jet & Cord ran a terrible few legs and would have been out if it weren't for a non-elim round. They deserved to go home that week. Dan and Jordan never finished last, and they ran a good race tactically.Agreed. The rule is that they can only buy economy/coach class tickets, but if they can talk their way into first class without trading anything then that is allowed.Very happy with this result. I actually felt pretty nervous watching the show because I really wanted Dan and Jordan to win. Thank goodness they did or it would have put me in a bad mood. I think the cowboys seemed like real assholes. I know they tried to present themselves as so laidback and cool or whatever, but they were just as petty and bitchy as the others (more so if the rumour about them being homophobic is true). Take Cord yelling and trying to distract Dan during the Star Wars challenge, that was so childish - it definitely balanced out the queue-cutting Jordan did earlier in my eyes (Note: it didn't seem like a purely tactical move to distract Dan, but like he was enjoying being annoying and thought he was hilarious - very juvenile). Also the cowboys just seemed generally very cocky and arrogant. Glad they didn't win.The stuff with the lesbians at the end was unnecessary, but it was clearly staged from the way Phil brought it up. They totally focused on Brent and Caite way more than on the actual winners, I swear they spent more time talking to Caite and the lesbians at the finish line.
Except it was pretty hilarious. And no, it didn't balance out the cunty cutting Jordan pulled.
  • Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Except it was pretty hilarious. And no, it didn't balance out the cunty cutting Jordan pulled.
Correct. Not close.

As opposed to something that didn't matter at all (the cut) compared to tactical moves and considering the cowboys had been having fun the entire race and seemed not to care about the money as much as the experience, definitely have to go with the last two guys.

okay so it has been a week but I have still not calm down for the leg at the video game design company. Why would you have a race where one team can not pass the other team. You put them in one room and have to wait for the other team to finish. I was so mad. Of course I was pulling against the brothers so I am biased. did this bother anyone else? I was like screw that I am not watching next season but I am sure com august I will be eager to turn it on---

okay so it has been a week but I have still not calm down for the leg at the video game design company. Why would you have a race where one team can not pass the other team. You put them in one room and have to wait for the other team to finish. I was so mad. Of course I was pulling against the brothers so I am biased. did this bother anyone else? I was like screw that I am not watching next season but I am sure com august I will be eager to turn it on---
Was it in the rules that they couldn't bump into each other?
Was it in the rules that they couldn't bump into each other?
I do not know if bumping was allowed but if you missed your path by the tiniest bit you had to start over. But it did seem that bumping might make you start all over. I mean the brother was in the cowboy's path and stated I have him blocked and I am not moving. It drove me crazy to have a whole season of racing around the world and then end the race in one room. You have to have two rooms --- come on phil
  • 4 weeks later...

CALGARY — Two American cowboys who travelled the world on the television reality show "The Amazing Race" have roped the role of marshals for the Calgary Stampede parade.Cord and Jet McCoy of Oklahoma, who earned the nickname "gentlemen cowboys" on the show, will lead off the western extravaganza July 9.Cord McCoy, a professional bull rider, has also qualified to compete in the Stampede rodeo. <- CoolDavid Chalack, chair of the Stampede board, said the two exemplify the "cowboy ethics" of integrity, commitment to community and western hospitality."For these two brothers, the hats and the boots aren't for show. It's their way of life," he said Tuesday."They grew up as cowboys, stewards of the land and cattle, living by cowboy ethics."The pair were fan favourites on the reality television show that pays $1 million to the pair that comes in first after a race around the world in which contestants must complete tasks in several countries. The McCoys finished a close second.Chalack said only a handful of "real cowboys" have taken the parade's helm and the two brothers are worthy marshals."To see these two young men in action was a reminder that cowboy ethics never go out of fashion."Cord McCoy said he was honoured to be asked to participate."I feel like a little kid. I want to save every news clip and watch every TV show, because I know what the generations before us have passed on about the Calgary Stampede."The parade will also pay tribute to the city's fire and police services, as well as Canada's Olympic athletes.Cowboys named parade marshalls for the Calgary Stampede

If being anti-gay is included in the "cowboy ethics" handbook, then they qualify! I think they should be forced to kiss, Brokeback-style, during the parade.

Being anti-douchebag is different from being anti-gay.

• 2 months later...

I was a latecomer to this show and haven't seen probably the first 10 or so seasons. I just started renting the 1st season on Netflix, the cast of characters are amazing. People are freaking out on basic tasks, people hate each other, the clues are really confusing, getting plane tickets is a nightmare, just overall awesome to watch.