• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said she must clearly be stupid. I mean how could she possibly be smart. It is like soooooooo easy to run a state and all... any one could do it...
This isn't how sarcasm works.
http://reason.com/archives/2009/11/18/the-palin-experience These days, where you fall on the crucial issue of Sarah Palin tells the rest of us all we need to know about your character. You're either A) a scum-sucking, terror-loving elitist or B) a radical, tea bag-loving simpleton. Yet believe it or not, one can (as I do) admire Palin's charisma and roots, appreciate her dissent on the policy experiments brainy folks in Washington are cooking up, and, at the same time, believe she has no business running for president in 2012. In fact, all you haters out there motivate me to root for her. There's nothing wrong, for instance, with The Associated Press' assigning a crack team of investigative journalists to sift through every word of Palin's book, Going Rogue, for inaccuracies. You only wish similarly methodical muckraking were applied to President Barack Obama's two self-aggrandizing tomes—or even the health care or cap-and-trade bills, for that matter. The widely read blogger and purveyor of all truth, Andrew Sullivan, was impelled to blog 17 times on the subject of Palin on the same day Americans learned that the Obama administration had awarded $6.7 billion in stimulus money to nonexistent congressional districts—which did not merit a single mention. To see what is in front of one's nose demands a constant struggle, I guess. And it's not just bloggers. What choice do media outlets have but to provide comprehensive coverage of pistachio salesman and Playgirl-posing Levi Johnston, doltish erstwhile father of Palin's grandchild, a man whose only discernible talents are the possession of operational sperm and the ability to humiliate the former vice presidential nominee? How could a major magazine such as Newsweek be expected to use a cover photo of Palin campaigning or spending time with her child who has Down syndrome when editors simply could borrow a shot of the 45-year-old mother of five decked out in her exercise tights—nudge nudge, wink wink—from a Runner's World piece and slap the headline "How Do You Solve A Problem Like Sarah?" onto it? Newsweek must have a point. Palin is a populist dead end. "Just over half of Americans," a new ABC News/Washington Post poll finds, "have an unfavorable opinion" of Palin overall, "as many say they wouldn't consider supporting her for president and more—six in 10—see her as unqualified for the job." Similarly, a CNN/Opinion Research Corp. poll recently found that 48 percent of Americans disapprove of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, a woman busy writing policy that affects all of us. Does this not require a "How Do You Solve A Problem Like Nancy?" headline from the venerable magazine? Who knows what is to become of Palin? Today, though, there is little doubt the left is using her to create ugly stereotypes and attack limited-government types across the country. Palin claims that a presidential run is not on her "radar screen right now." She may have gone rogue on John McCain—joining the rest of America—but Palin will have to work to articulate her positions, show more intellectual curiosity, and fuse her magnetism with more substantive thinking. But because of the stupendously nasty campaign waged against her, she might not get the chance. At least, that's this scum-sucking elitist's opinion.
let it be known that I liked some of what palin said. she just lost all viability as a candidate when she injured my team's starting goaltender after she dropped the puck in pregame ceremonies.
But if elected president, she will bring the sport of hockey out of the backrooms of nowhereness into the front lights of NBC contracts!

Most of those things have logical explanations. Take Andrew Sullivan. He's gay; therefore, he knows the worst thing that can happen (for him) is a Palin presidency because she supports several hot button issues that are in direct opposition to homosexuals.The reason I can't stand her is related. I find her social policy ideas to be in direct opposition to my own. That is the most important thing to me right now (and supreme court justices which is related to this as well). So I oppose her more strongly than any other politician.Also Henry, they did not award money to non-existent districts. There were paperwork errors (which is still bad and shows weaknesses of central planning but is not as bad as how you phrased it).This is less an orchestrated conspiracy from the left and more a predictable reaction from the left to a woman whose social agenda is in direct opposition. You call her a limited gov type. Only on certain things. On social issues she has no problem with the gov telling people how to live.

Most of those things have logical explanations. Take Andrew Sullivan. He's gay; therefore, he knows the worst thing that can happen (for him) is a Palin presidency because she supports several hot button issues that are in direct opposition to homosexuals.The reason I can't stand her is related. I find her social policy ideas to be in direct opposition to my own. That is the most important thing to me right now (and supreme court justices which is related to this as well). So I oppose her more strongly than any other politician.
You think she is more right than Bush?What did Bush do on social issues that was so bad?Seems to me that these social issues are largely ways to keep the base voting against the other side.I don't expect a republican to ban abortions or make gays register and where pink stars, but I know they won't enact new laws that push the issues down out throats.The left says they are so worried about he right taking away their rights...yet it's been state ballots refusing Gay marriage i.e. the majority of the voters, not any president doing these dastardly things. The only thing Bush did with regards to abortion is to try to outlaw post-viability abortions where the baby is partially removed from the birth canal and a metal rod is shoved into it's brain stem to kill it before it reaches air...hardly a fringe position to be against that.
You think she is more right than Bush?What did Bush do on social issues that was so bad?Seems to me that these social issues are largely ways to keep the base voting against the other side.I don't expect a republican to ban abortions or make gays register and where pink stars, but I know they won't enact new laws that push the issues down out throats.The left says they are so worried about he right taking away their rights...yet it's been state ballots refusing Gay marriage i.e. the majority of the voters, not any president doing these dastardly things. The only thing Bush did with regards to abortion is to try to outlaw post-viability abortions where the baby is partially removed from the birth canal and a metal rod is shoved into it's brain stem to kill it before it reaches air...hardly a fringe position to be against that.
yes she is way to the right of Bush on social issues, imo. I agree Bush left much of this to the states. I believe Palin would try to get federal amendments to ban gay marriage and would fight like hell to ban abortion. I also believe she would further entrench a wrong-headed view on sex education. I would put more thought into this response but I am having a hot run playing PLO.
I believe gay marriage has come up for a vote 31 times in the states and has been voted down each time..
Looking forward to the many paperwork errors when it comes to health care
The AP has scheduled a former intern and a barista to investigate any errors in the health bill, so relax
yes she is way to the right of Bush on social issues, imo. I agree Bush left much of this to the states. I believe Palin would try to get federal amendments to ban gay marriage and would fight like hell to ban abortion. I also believe she would further entrench a wrong-headed view on sex education. I would put more thought into this response but I am having a hot run playing PLO.
First..stay on the run..plo is fun..stay focused man. We're rooting for yousecond...you idiot, are you completely brain dead? Did you wipe your butt with your law degree?There is no way that in the next 10 years any president, even Obama himself should he denounce his Muslim upbringing and embrace true Christianity, will get abortions outlawed.Pretending that it's safety is on a precipe and could fall at any moment shows you as the koolaid drinking sheep that the democrat party depends on.
First..stay on the run..plo is fun..stay focused man. We're rooting for yousecond...you idiot, are you completely brain dead? Did you wipe your butt with your law degree?There is no way that in the next 10 years any president, even Obama himself should he denounce his Muslim upbringing and embrace true Christianity, will get abortions outlawed.Pretending that it's safety is on a precipe and could fall at any moment shows you as the koolaid drinking sheep that the democrat party depends on.
I didnt say she could do it! I said she would try. If we legalize drugs, I doubt America will turn into Sodom and Gomorrah but many kool-aid GOPers think it will. I just dont want to waste any more time on what has been law for decades. And with her in charge we would, imo. that was such a great use of precipice and then you misspelled it. Probably because you already have like 19 posts in this forum today already. Slow day in Cali?The ban on gay marriage, the sex ed stuff, the continuation of dont ask dont tell are all stuff that could and just might happen with Sarah in charge in addition to a reversal of Obama's reversals on stem cells and such. It is a way of thought.....not just an abortion issue.
What did Bush do on social issues that was so bad?
Just off the top of my head, - ban on fed money for stem cell research- continuing the DEA's 'war on drugs'both things that Obama reversed immediately.
There is no way that in the next 10 years any president, even Obama himself should he denounce his Muslim upbringing and embrace true Christianity, will get abortions outlawed.Pretending that it's safety is on a precipe and could fall at any moment shows you as the koolaid drinking sheep that the democrat party depends on.
The last time roe v wade was challenged it was upheld 5-4 by SCOTUS. Isn't that kind of hanging on a precipice? Assuming ginsberg retires or dies before Obama is out of office, it should be safe for a while. But this last election I think did have huge consequences. If Palin got to choose two justices, that would have been the difference.
I didnt say she could do it! I said she would try. If we legalize drugs, I doubt America will turn into Sodom and Gomorrah but many kool-aid GOPers think it will. I just dont want to waste any more time on what has been law for decades. And with her in charge we would, imo. that was such a great use of precipice and then you misspelled it. Probably because you already have like 19 posts in this forum today already. Slow day in Cali?
DANG ITTTTTStupid moxilla Firefox spell checker!
The ban on gay marriage, the sex ed stuff, the continuation of dont ask dont tell are all stuff that could and just might happen with Sarah in charge in addition to a reversal of Obama's reversals on stem cells and such. It is a way of thought.....not just an abortion issue.
I find it funny that twice now you leftist have expressed fear and trepidation at the thought of a republican president leaving in place things that a democrat president put into place ( Don't ask and current WOD )
Just off the top of my head, - ban on fed money for stem cell research- continuing the DEA's 'war on drugs'both things that Obama reversed immediately.
So you're number one examples of radical social agenda changes with Bush were:- a science funding one based on nothing but politics. ( they wouldn't need government funding if there was true promise, because that would be how a health company would get patents and be in the forefront of a truly promising venture )- that bush left the existing plans in place that Clinton also allowed/implementedI think you need to rethink the words 'social changes'
The last time roe v wade was challenged it was upheld 5-4 by SCOTUS. Isn't that kind of hanging on a precipice? Assuming ginsberg retires or dies before Obama is out of office, it should be safe for a while. But this last election I think did have huge consequences. If Palin got to choose two justices, that would have been the difference.
Funny that RvW has kind of always been a 5-4 issue, and yet you guys act like it's in the constitution and any thoughts to change it back to how it was for 80% of this countries history is some social evil. Maybe the fact that it is barely legal should be the most telling part.
I can't think about Sarah Palin without thinking about Tina Fey going "Pew pew" (hand in shape of a gun) on SNL.PEW PEW!
I read a thing recently that most of America thinks that 2-3 quotes that Tina fey did on SNL were actually said by Palin and they use this as their main excuses for hating her.I think it was the "see russia from my house" and the wildly convoluted quote in answer to some question about something
Funny that RvW has kind of always been a 5-4 issue, and yet you guys act like it's in the constitution and any thoughts to change it back to how it was for 80% of this countries history is some social evil. Maybe the fact that it is barely legal should be the most telling part.
I agree (sorry). It's a tricky gray area issue that the population as a whole is undecided on. That's why it matters politically.
I agree (sorry). It's a tricky gray area issue that the population as a whole is undecided on. That's why it matters politically.
If only we had a high morality to confirm our decision against...
If only we had a high morality to confirm our decision against...
What did Buddha say about it? And if we follow the Vatican on this one, can we follow them on capital punishment too? It's fun to play pick and choose which part of the bible to legislate. I vote we start stoning adulterers again. And we should start picketing divorce attorneys too.I got an e-card from my mom this morning. IT's not a special occasion so I was confused.The text of the card:"Someday I'd like to have a #1 bestseller for failing to become VP, quitting as governor, and not aborting a child."Yeah, my mom is a crazy democrat.
What did Buddha say about it? And if we follow the Vatican on this one, can we follow them on capital punishment too? It's fun to play pick and choose which part of the bible to legislate. I vote we start stoning adulterers again. And we should start picketing divorce attorneys too.
Oh the many fallacies in the post... they are like teeth scratching on the blackboard of my mind.
I got an e-card from my mom this morning. IT's not a special occasion so I was confused.The text of the card:"Someday I'd like to have a #1 bestseller for failing to become VP, quitting as governor, and not aborting a child."Yeah, my mom is a crazy democrat.
Your mom and my mom would get along great as they dusted off a couple boxes of wine.