9s 8s All-in Call

I don't have a problem with you playing 89s. Not at all. It's just the number of players that you're up against. I totally agree with you that 89 is much better than playing Ace-rag. And if you open shoved with 89 I wouldn't have a problem with your play at all. But you're calling off your tournament life with at least two players in the pot. I think it's a poor decision. Also, as someone pointed out earlier, you are on the button and have 6 chances to pick a better spot.
Good post, we are calling so most of the time our only way to win this pot is if the deck goes fairly cold and gives us atleast one/two pair(s) and show up the best hand. We don't even have any sidepot to win, so we do need to beat everyone.When going all-in, we only raise it to about 2,5BB, but the other ones around the table still have to call about 30% of their stack so we give them a tough decision. Nobody wants to be a hero at this point to bust you out.
Good post, we are calling so most of the time our only way to win this pot is if the deck goes fairly cold and gives us atleast one/two pair(s) and show up the best hand. We don't even have any sidepot to win, so we do need to beat everyone.When going all-in, we only raise it to about 2,5BB, but the other ones around the table still have to call about 30% of their stack so we give them a tough decision. Nobody wants to be a hero at this point to bust you out.
I'm pretty much calling anyone*, anytime, with any two cards if they have my stack. Every once in awhile, I'll see someone fold, but it's not SOP.*EDIT: Assuming on on the big-blind.
He brought it up in the 4th or 5th post down.....
Ahhhhh, my bad. OP, u should really edit OP to include that info. In my opinion that makes the difference between getting it in here and waiting. I'm folding if i have 6 other chances to get it in stronger. If there are antes involved, in not widdling my stack further with antes with no guarantee of even getting a better hand to shove with. I think the theory of getting it in with mid suited connectors is a founded one. No antes here, I wait and roll dice with my 6 shots left, with antes, get it in and gamble.
OP, u should really edit OP to include that info.
Ummm.. I did. I edited it 2 hours before you posted that. Regardles, it only grows the pot by an extra 200 chips. Not a huge difference.

I like the call here.So what if we have 6 chances to get a better hand. You also have even more chance of getting worse hands and/or total crap. I'm not saying 89s is a winning proposition, but it's the kind of hand you want in a multiway pot when your M is pretty much zero and you will be called (on subsequent hands) by almost anyone and anything, esp hands that will crush you. I really think being about 20% is about as good as you can hope for here and, hell, you stand a chance of quadding up. Quite a few high cards will have duped outs and mid connectors with flush capability isn't too bad.

I like the call here.So what if we have 6 chances to get a better hand. You also have even more chance of getting worse hands and/or total crap. I'm not saying 89s is a winning proposition, but it's the kind of hand you want in a multiway pot when your M is pretty much zero and you will be called (on subsequent hands) by almost anyone and anything, esp hands that will crush you. I really think being about 20% is about as good as you can hope for here and, hell, you stand a chance of quadding up. Quite a few high cards will have duped outs and mid connectors with flush capability isn't too bad.
Well, that's the thing. We don't know if the next hand is AA or 27o, but I still think we will be able to get better than 20%. We will get called without a doubt by almost anyone, but they also might reshove to isolate us. HU we will probably be in good shape to more than double up.The way this hand has played out(...) I think we'll get atleast one better opportunity.Though, a shove is an okay move here, I personally believe a fold is better from this spot. Seems like the people in this thread are a little split and you gotta get your money in somewhere. Go for your gut feeling.
Well, that's the thing. We don't know if the next hand is AA or 27o, but I still think we will be able to get better than 20%.
I think that completely misses the point. 20% here is basically a coinflip. Our odds are roughly 1 to 4 to win roughly 4X more chips.Let's just say, for the sake of argument, that I had to win 3 60/40 situations over the next couple rounds (double to 2K, double to 4K, lose some chips to blinds and then take out a shortstack), to get my stack up to 5K. 20% doesn't look so bad now, does it?Anyway, I think I've convinced myself that it's not a bad play. With an even shorter stack, say < 2BB's, it's a no-brainer. I was actually expecting someone to suggest, "Ummm.. How can you even think of folding there?"
I think that completely misses the point. 20% here is basically a coinflip. Our odds are roughly 1 to 4 to win roughly 4X more chips.Let's just say, for the sake of argument, that I had to win 3 60/40 situations over the next couple rounds (double to 2K, double to 4K, lose some chips to blinds and then take out a shortstack), to get my stack up to 5K. 20% doesn't look so bad now, does it?Anyway, I think I've convinced myself that it's not a bad play. With an even shorter stack, say < 2BB's, it's a no-brainer. I was actually expecting someone to suggest, "Ummm.. How can you even think of folding there?"
Exactly. That was the point I was trying to make. I don't think you can let this opportunity slide. You can get HEALTHY fast, and you're most likely going busto anyway. I'd take a 20% chance to have a fighting shot at the tourney here. I didn't mean to be offensive with the "how could you let yourself get in this spot" comment. I'm new to forums and try to be as helpful with the limited poker knowledge I have. I understand things happen. Whenever I bust out of SNGs early it's always b/c crap hit the fan. I could be wicked low stacked trying to find a spot to get it all in and chip up. Here's your spot. Gamble it up.
I'd call here. Your getting 3.5 to 1 on your money here. You need to find a spot to get some chips quickly and as you said you have no fold equity considering you got a stack of 1050 at 200/400 blinds. Nobody will fold to your shove getting 2 to 1 on a call considering your desperation mode. Call and hope to get healthy.The real problem is being at this stage in the tourney with this short a stack. Either you just came off a disaster pot, or your playing way too tight and not chopping away at pots to pick up chips along the way.
It's a $1.75 turbo. I play a lot of these also and when your multi tabling roughly 10 of these, you will easily have stack like this in more than one of your games. It easily happens.Back onto OP point with 8s9s I definitely fold. I guarantee we pick up better than 9 high in the next orbit.