the fox news part or the mission of the site?i didn't have any knowledge of media matters other than it was the first hit when searching for the story as i remembered it. i'm giving them the benefit of the doubt and assuming they are representing what happened truthfully.their purpose statement is pretty negative, but i don't have a problem with them if that's what they're actually doing. "conservatives" floating around washingtion the last few years have been known to stretch the truth. it would be nice if they also committed to watching the other side of the aisle.
It seems like a strange, highly slanted mission statement for a Not for Profit group.
It seems like a strange, highly slanted mission statement for a Not for Profit group.
forsaking profit does not automatically make you "good". I am sure we could each find 3 conservative and 3 liberal not for profits with dodgy or objectionable motives.
forsaking profit does not automatically make you "good". I am sure we could each find 3 conservative and 3 liberal not for profits with dodgy or objectionable motives.
I'm not making a good/bad statement. Just Explicit Political Bias seems strange for a Not for Profit.

From the IRS:To be tax-exempt under section 501©(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, an organization must be organized and operated exclusively for exempt purposes set forth in section 501©(3), and none of its earnings may inure to any private shareholder or individual. In addition, it may not be an action organization, i.e., it may not attempt to influence legislation as a substantial part of its activities and it may not participate in any campaign activity for or against political candidates.Organizations described in section 501©(3) are commonly referred to as charitable organizations. Organizations described in section 501©(3), other than testing for public safety organizations, are eligible to receive tax-deductible contributions in accordance with Code section 170.The organization must not be organized or operated for the benefit of private interests, and no part of a section 501©(3) organization's net earnings may inure to the benefit of any private shareholder or individual. If the organization engages in an excess benefit transaction with a person having substantial influence over the organization, an excise tax may be imposed on the person and any organization managers agreeing to the transaction.Section 501©(3) organizations are restricted in how much political and legislative (lobbying) activities they may conduct. For a detailed discussion, see Political and Lobbying Activities. For more information about lobbying activities by charities, see the article Lobbying Issues; for more information about political activities of charities, see the FY-2002 CPE topic Election Year Issues.

I'm not making a good/bad statement. Just Explicit Political Bias seems strange for a Not for Profit.
Not for profit is just a way to avoid taxes for Soros.I mean when you cause a recession in the UK for a couple years because you short their currency, you got to find some way to get a tax break back home for doing it.
From the IRS:To be tax-exempt under section 501©(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, an organization must be organized and operated exclusively for exempt purposes set forth in section 501©(3), and none of its earnings may inure to any private shareholder or individual. In addition, it may not be an action organization, i.e., it may not attempt to influence legislation as a substantial part of its activities and it may not participate in any campaign activity for or against political candidates.Organizations described in section 501©(3) are commonly referred to as charitable organizations. Organizations described in section 501©(3), other than testing for public safety organizations, are eligible to receive tax-deductible contributions in accordance with Code section 170.The organization must not be organized or operated for the benefit of private interests, and no part of a section 501©(3) organization's net earnings may inure to the benefit of any private shareholder or individual. If the organization engages in an excess benefit transaction with a person having substantial influence over the organization, an excise tax may be imposed on the person and any organization managers agreeing to the transaction.Section 501©(3) organizations are restricted in how much political and legislative (lobbying) activities they may conduct. For a detailed discussion, see Political and Lobbying Activities. For more information about lobbying activities by charities, see the article Lobbying Issues; for more information about political activities of charities, see the FY-2002 CPE topic Election Year Issues.
god you are such a DORK.
Media Matters world view is so slanted that they belong in brvheart's basement.
[insert hearty chuckling]