It seems like this one and NJ send a clear message: we wanted change, but not in the form of record deficits and a government takeover of the economy.I'm waiting on the NY race, that's interesting, because hopefully it can send a message to the Republicans: it's no longer good enough to be Democrat-lite; you actually have to do something or a third party will take your voters.This last year has been huge, we're starting to see the signs of big things.

they're trying to say it isn't, but I'm sure they think it is
It will be interesting to see Robert Gibbs & the MSM spin this.Remeber these facts:New York 23Barack Obama sent Joe Biden to visit. Obama’s White House negotiated Dede Scozzafava’s endorsement of the Democrat. Scozzafava and Owens both supported and campaigned on supporting the stimulus. New JerseyObama sent his top pollster to take command of the race. Obama visited multiple times, including the day before the election. Obama is featured in most of Corzine’s advertising. The Democratic Governors Association and DNC all pumped in a ton of money. Corzine ran on helping Obama at the state level. VirginiaThe Democratic Governors Association spent $4 million to get Creigh Deeds elected. The Democratic National Committee spent $6 millino to get Deeds elected. Obama campaigned for Deeds multiple times. Organizing for America sent a mail piece to 300,000 “surge voters”, or voters who voted for the first time in 2008, urging them to vote for Deeds. Organizing for America set up phone banks for Creigh Deeds.
It will be interesting to see Robert Gibbs & the MSM spin this.Remeber these facts:New York 23Barack Obama sent Joe Biden to visit. Obama's White House negotiated Dede Scozzafava's endorsement of the Democrat. Scozzafava and Owens both supported and campaigned on supporting the stimulus. New JerseyObama sent his top pollster to take command of the race. Obama visited multiple times, including the day before the election. Obama is featured in most of Corzine's advertising. The Democratic Governors Association and DNC all pumped in a ton of money. Corzine ran on helping Obama at the state level. VirginiaThe Democratic Governors Association spent $4 million to get Creigh Deeds elected. The Democratic National Committee spent $6 millino to get Deeds elected. Obama campaigned for Deeds multiple times. Organizing for America sent a mail piece to 300,000 "surge voters", or voters who voted for the first time in 2008, urging them to vote for Deeds. Organizing for America set up phone banks for Creigh Deeds.
This is just the 1st step to regaining our country. Next years senate vote is possible the most important election in....well hell I d'on't even know but a long time.
It seems like this one and NJ send a clear message: we wanted change, but not in the form of record deficits and a government takeover of the economy.I'm waiting on the NY race, that's interesting, because hopefully it can send a message to the Republicans: it's no longer good enough to be Democrat-lite; you actually have to do something or a third party will take your voters.This last year has been huge, we're starting to see the signs of big things.
The reason the GOP pick was run out of the race in NY was because she was too socially liberal. Had very little to do with the things you are actually concerned about. Not surprisingly, the "conservative" pick (or Palin's pick) lost handily to a Democrat in a region that is overwhelmingly Repuplican. I think the message is people are not happy with Obama but they have little interest in reverting back to candidates who are only about anti abortion and guns and gay marriage. I think the more interesting conclusion from the NY race is that the GOP should make huge strides in 2010 if they can stay out of their own way. 50/50
this has nothing to do with the election, but this is the first thing i saw on that wikipedia page.8N6hG.jpgi can't think of a more fitting image that demonstrates the differences between the left and right for me.
This is great.
this has nothing to do with the election, but this is the first thing i saw on that wikipedia page.8N6hG.jpgi can't think of a more fitting image that demonstrates the differences between the left and right for me.
better one:dem_vs_republican_women.jpg
better one:dem_vs_republican_women.jpg
i'm going off topic, but your post reminded me of this:http://mediamatters.org/research/200807020002
Fox News airs altered photos of NY Times reportersSUMMARY: During a segment in which Fox & Friends co-hosts Steve Doocy and Brian Kilmeade labeled New York Times reporter Jacques Steinberg and editor Steven Reddicliffe "attack dogs," Fox News featured photos of Steinberg and Reddicliffe that appeared to have been digitally altered -- the journalists' teeth had been yellowed, their facial features exaggerated, and portions of Reddicliffe's hair moved further back on his head.
yKtTd.jpg
i'm going off topic, but your post reminded me of this:http://mediamatters.org/research/200807020002yKtTd.jpg
It is about damn time Fox starts keeping up. It ain't easy being so fair and open minded when you are competing against MSNBC and CNN...
The reason the GOP pick was run out of the race in NY was because she was too socially liberal. Had very little to do with the things you are actually concerned about. Not surprisingly, the "conservative" pick (or Palin's pick) lost handily to a Democrat in a region that is overwhelmingly Repuplican. I think the message is people are not happy with Obama but they have little interest in reverting back to candidates who are only about anti abortion and guns and gay marriage. I think the more interesting conclusion from the NY race is that the GOP should make huge strides in 2010 if they can stay out of their own way. 50/50
She was run out of the race because she was socially liberal, not fiscally conservative, pro card check..The Daily Kos endorsed her over the democratic candidate...She has one of the most liberal voting records in the entire NY House...(including democratcs)Here is the election resultsOwens Dem. 64,880 49.4% Hoffman Con. 59,067 45.0 % Scozzafava Rep. 7,315 5.6 % Lost handily eh? The democratic candidate didn't even get a majority of the vote..A 3rd party candidate recieved 45% and lost by 5,813 votes.Did you really think 12 months ago a 3rd party candidate could get 45% of any vote?This is a bad reflection on the Natl Republican congressional Committe, who wasted 900K on DeDe who wasn't a republican.The GOP will make huge strides running conservative candidates with conservative/moderate values. We already learned what happens when you run Obama lite (see John McCain)But don't worry Here is what Move On.org is going to do to any moderate/blue dog democrats
The nightmare scenarioIf a Democratic Senator helps block an up-or-down vote on health care reform, there need to be consequences. We've launched the Health Care Accountability Pledge so that a primary challenge against any Democrat who filibusters would get off to a well-funded start.
http://www.moveon.org/
i'm going off topic, but your post reminded me of this:http://mediamatters.org/research/200807020002
I am sincerely bothered by this.
Media Matters for America is a Web-based, not-for-profit, 501©(3) progressive research and information center dedicated to comprehensively monitoring, analyzing, and correcting conservative misinformation in the U.S. media.
I am sincerely bothered by this.
the fox news part or the mission of the site?i didn't have any knowledge of media matters other than it was the first hit when searching for the story as i remembered it. i'm giving them the benefit of the doubt and assuming they are representing what happened truthfully.their purpose statement is pretty negative, but i don't have a problem with them if that's what they're actually doing. "conservatives" floating around washingtion the last few years have been known to stretch the truth. it would be nice if they also committed to watching the other side of the aisle.
the fox news part or the mission of the site?i didn't have any knowledge of media matters other than it was the first hit when searching for the story as i remembered it. i'm giving them the benefit of the doubt and assuming they are representing what happened truthfully.their purpose statement is pretty negative, but i don't have a problem with them if that's what they're actually doing. "conservatives" floating around washingtion the last few years have been known to stretch the truth. it would be nice if they also committed to watching the other side of the aisle.
Media Matters world view is so slanted that they belong in brvheart's basement.Too soon?
the fox news part or the mission of the site?i i'm giving them the benefit of the doubt and assuming they are representing what happened truthfully.
I am sure George Soros and his money are well intentioned. I like to think of Media Matters having a point of view rather than being an actual news organization