Late Tournament Help

So I have this problem. . . I have been playing the MTTs on Full Tilt and generally I do pretty well. I play pretty tight through the first levels and watch Pokertracker to see who will give away their chips. generally I make my way to the top 100 with relative ease but my problem comes in the later stages right before and after the bubble. three times I have noticed that I go from 4-6th in chips at the bubble to not even making a final table. I try to pick on small stacks and it seems like i just keep loosing coinflips (I am usually the aggressor) to them which leaves me with anywhere from 1/2 to 2/3 of my stack. I try to grind it back up and it seems like I loose another flip until eventually I bust out in the 12-18 range. I see a pattern emerging and I do not like it as playing for 5 hours to double my buy in is a little annoying. Anyone have any advise for me or am I just running into some bad luck? thanks in advance!

You need to describe what happens better. All you said mostly was that you just lose flips. The only thing I (or anyone) can tell you is to just run better.

You need to describe what happens better. All you said mostly was that you just lose flips. The only thing I (or anyone) can tell you is to just run better.
or dont take every possible coinflip spot, like 33 versus short villain i guess i mean way to vague for use to say anything else here
So I have this problem. . . it seems like i just keep loosing coinflips........am I just running into some bad luck? thanks in advance!
The losing of a coin-flip is natural. Losing it twice in succession is bad luck. Over the long term, losing it over 50% of the time is bad luck.Hope this helps!!

Sorry it was so vague I was just leaving the househere is the basic situation I cant seem to breakMe: ~20kAverage 9kBB or Sb ~7-8kBlinds 400/800 or 500/1000In late position Ill pick up a hand like 88+ or JQ+ sometime KT and sometimes A/8+in an unlimped/unraised pot Ill throw out a raise big enough to make the small stack in one of the blinds call for all their chips. . about 60% they fold but a lot of the times I get called by any two broadway cards. and we go to a flop 80% of the time I win if no one pairs. . . but i am winning a small percentage of these and its putting a decent hit in my stack does anyone think this is a leak of a strategy? I would like to imagine that it is profitable;e over time and I have just hit a cold streak here or maybe there is a better strategy

Yes it is...just nit it up in those type of situations, raise with pairs and quality hands
+1Also you say you are usually in 4th-6th place with 20-25xbb? A chip average of 10 or 9xbb...? Play a tourney with a better strucute, imo.
Sorry it was so vague I was just leaving the househere is the basic situation I cant seem to breakMe: ~20kAverage 9kBB or Sb ~7-8kBlinds 400/800 or 500/1000In late position Ill pick up a hand like 88+ or JQ+ sometime KT and sometimes A/8+in an unlimped/unraised pot Ill throw out a raise big enough to make the small stack in one of the blinds call for all their chips. . about 60% they fold but a lot of the times I get called by any two broadway cards. and we go to a flop 80% of the time I win if no one pairs. . . but i am winning a small percentage of these and its putting a decent hit in my stack does anyone think this is a leak of a strategy? I would like to imagine that it is profitable;e over time and I have just hit a cold streak here or maybe there is a better strategy
Oh, and this provided information fits totally with my signature.This is the most generalized attempt at turning a bad beat saga into a mathematical question, like ever.
+1Also you say you are usually in 4th-6th place with 20-25xbb? A chip average of 10 or 9xbb...? Play a tourney with a better strucute, imo.
Maybe a hyper turbo takedown with 500t or he typed it in wrong? None of the normal tourneys has such structure that you're chip leader with -30xBB?

Be caution about picking on short stacks, esp. after the bubble and/or when their shortstack represents almost half of your stack. I usually go after medium stacks/rock-like short stacks and people who play fit or fold on flops during the bubble period.A lot of medium stacks during the bubble will tighten up to make the money, while some short stack players will shove a raise to either steal, or give themselves a better shot at making the money, esp if they view you as a bully with a wide hand range. Of course, very situational.General advice given your results. Tighten up a bit/ run good.