My Old Poker Group Got Robbed

FWIW SB, I'm totally just messing around with you and in general. I get what you were saying as a "what if". It doesn't tilt me if you what if a lot. I'm just into having fun. This was fun. Plus I've never gotten to use the word cake in a sentence and not mean a bakery delight, so even if i kinda forced it here, it was quite fun.....mmmmmmmmmmmm cake.

Was at a game that was robbed when I was in college. had a couple of games from 1/2 NL to 5/10. When I was giving my statement to the cops they were telling me that some ridiculously high percentage of these types of robberies were set up by someone within the game who was fairly "new" to the game. FWIW without knowing the details of the people at this game I think its fairly plausible that Sick Boy's scenario could be true. But like I said we don't know if the smoker was a regular guy in the game or anything. Apparently usually they go to the game a couple times and "case" it (find out if there's security, see what kind of money is on the table, how easy is it to get to and away from) they relay the information and then it's set up. While saying that I know it's a dick thing to say and there's really no reason to speculate. We are not investigating this.Sucks really I still cant believe $11,000 is worth this much to the robbers

I know you guys all have a love/hate relationship with sickboy but I really don't see him being less than reasonable in this thread. I get it...he's a dick to people...(has been to me before I'm sure) but really?........he's a dick for offering a completely plausible theory that not that far fetched? Just saying....

Cause if anyone is a master of responding in ways that don't offend people repeatedly, it's you, right?
Yes, that's exactly what I was trying to say, thanks for clarifying this fact. I am EEASILY the master of responding in ways that dont offend people repeatedly.
any chance you were the friend who gave up the guy to the robbers in return for a piece of the action?
Nah the dealer was my friend (kinda..).
FWIW SB, I'm totally just messing around with you and in general. I get what you were saying as a "what if". It doesn't tilt me if you what if a lot. I'm just into having fun. This was fun. Plus I've never gotten to use the word cake in a sentence and not mean a bakery delight, so even if i kinda forced it here, it was quite fun.....mmmmmmmmmmmm cake.
Allguds.
I know you guys all have a love/hate relationship with sickboy but I really don't see him being less than reasonable in this thread. I get it...he's a dick to people...(has been to me before I'm sure) but really?........he's a dick for offering a completely plausible theory that not that far fetched? Just saying....
I wish more people would see things that way.
Sick Boy eat my butt.
I lold.
That's why I could never hang in the drug game. Putting down 40s while picking up dimes, and all that jazz. I mean if I couldn't trust my ace to guard my cake and blow, who could I trust :club:
Very street of you, sir.
Concur
Sick Boy eat my butt.
I, too, as so many did before me, lol.
I think the guy that went out for a smoke is in on it. People that smoke tend to be bad.
Quite right. Time for a smoke...

LOL at High Stakes and $11K used in the same sentence - even for a home game.We have a website for our games that you have to register for and you have to be referred in order to even get approved to see the games on the site. We've had several robberies at games in my town over the last few years. Most memorable was a known "PTA" game in which parents would play while their kids watched cartoons. Guys showed up and pistol whipped people and tied people up right in front of their kids for a few hundred dollars of fun money from the parents and took their debit cards and demanded pin numbers.

People are killed People take off their pants every day for a lot less than $11,000
FYP