Mini Cooper Shopping

Ok so the oldest daughter turned 16 in June and doesn't have a car yet. My wife's car is a 2002 Bonneville with 86,000 miles on it and we are just gonna get her a new car and give the Pontiac to the daughter. Anyone have any experience good or bad with the Mini Coopers? She is looking at the Clubman. I like the Horizon Blue but she is undecided on color as long as it's not Black or Red. Thoughts anyone?

Ok so the oldest daughter turned 16 in June and doesn't have a car yet. My wife's car is a 2002 Bonneville with 86,000 miles on it and we are just gonna get her a new car and give the Pontiac to the daughter. Anyone have any experience good or bad with the Mini Coopers? She is looking at the Clubman. I like the Horizon Blue but she is undecided on color as long as it's not Black or Red. Thoughts anyone?
My wife has one and totally loves it.
My wife has one and totally loves it.
Almost got Sylvia one 2 years ago but instead bought a GTI. Really fun car, fast with great mileage, etc. But after a year we went back to a BMW (330i) for her. But the Cooper was always very much in the running and is still the best car in this class of car imo. They handle like they are on rails. We just felt untimately that it was too small.Meh? I like 'em.

i had the pleasure of getting to zip around in the turbo 5 (or 6?) speed version of one of these one afternoon. think go kart but slightly bigger and a lot faster and it has a radio. it was the funnest car ive ever gotten to drive around in.

I've sold a ton of them (used) and have 5 on the lot right now. Everyone who drives themfor the first time is expecting that small car feel and ride but comes away very surprised. Itdefinately has that BMW type feel and is very solid feeling. They make you want to take the back roads and hit the hills and curves. They are surprisingly roomy on the inside and someone6'2" can fit easily. The back seat isn't obviously but all small cars are the same.They have the highest resale value of any car on the market and were selling like mad last summer when the gas was sky high. (36 mpg) Well we always go on a run selling them when"The Italian Job" has re-runs, lol.So, yeah good choice if you can find a deal. Lots of colors and options to sort through but I wouldlook at price heavily.

I've sold a ton of them (used) and have 5 on the lot right now. Everyone who drives themfor the first time is expecting that small car feel and ride but comes away very surprised. Itdefinately has that BMW type feel and is very solid feeling. They make you want to take the back roads and hit the hills and curves. They are surprisingly roomy on the inside and someone6'2" can fit easily. The back seat isn't obviously but all small cars are the same.They have the highest resale value of any car on the market and were selling like mad last summer when the gas was sky high. (36 mpg) Well we always go on a run selling them when"The Italian Job" has re-runs, lol.So, yeah good choice if you can find a deal. Lots of colors and options to sort through but I wouldlook at price heavily.
Price was another reason we went with the 330 (was used and we got a very good price) but I really did like the Cooper. A lot.How is the Clubman? Same handling characteristics/performance?
Price was another reason we went with the 330 (was used and we got a very good price) but I really did like the Cooper. A lot.How is the Clubman? Same handling characteristics/performance?
I haven't had one yet but everyone seems to like them the same. I also just bought a used BMW after consideringthe Mini mostly due to the price also. I got a 325 5 speed, (wanted a 330) but the deal was pretty spectacular and I couldn't pass it up. The wife is driving it mostly and she's a speed demon so probably chose wisely, lol.

ri---dic---u---lous---ly fun to drive with almost supernatural handling.It's the sort of car bought by people who love the experience of driving cars (but mostly, by homosexuals and women who buy them because they 'look cute')I made a post a while back about this place in the foothills of the Blue Ridge mountains where I own some land... The surrounding area is probably the most 'fun' driving in the lower 48. I will one day own a Mini, just to drive this place. Again, and again, and again, and again.Not an Audi; a Mini.

hahahahaedit: and i'm not sure if he was making the joke I heard in my head, but I'm still gonna laugh at it.
I don't think he was, but it definitely works when you repeat in your head.Audi's are friggin nasty anyways.Did you guys know that after a baby is born, they have little bellybutton stumps for several days, then they turn black and nasty and crusty, and eventually fall off (or get broken off.) That is nasty. I hope I'm not the only one that didn't know that.
I can see myself in this car.

I was given one of these for a day as a courtesy car while my car was in for a service.Couldn't wait to hand the keys back, load of crap. Estate agent's car too, which is another reason to hate them.