You would think that Australia since it has so much open space would have a large rural population and that would be wrong.I did a search on this website. http://esa.un.org/unup/2010 Rural Population PercentageCanada - 19.4%United States - 17.7%Australia - 10.9%
I literally just got done gaming with an aussie for like, three hours. I should have asked him to save myself some embarrassment.though 10.9% is "certainly more than 5%."
  • Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I literally just got done gaming with an aussie for like, three hours. I should have asked him to save myself some embarrassment.though 10.9% is "certainly more than 5%."
Not everybody who lives in a rural area is going to have a need or want for a gun though.Sure a rancher needs one but the local restaurant owner doesn't.
Sure a rancher needs one but the local restaurant owner doesn't.
Who are you to decide that?It's up to them not you or the government.
Who are you to decide that?It's up to them not you or the government.
No, it's up to Australian society to decide who can and can't own guns.Most of the World doesn't have the American orgasm over gun ownership.It's not up to you to tell Australia who they should and shouldn't allow to own guns and what guns are allowed.Australian gun laws seem pretty darn good to me. If you are a target shooter or hunter or need to use a firearm as a tool as a rancher you can get an appropriate weapon.
No, it's up to Australian society to decide who can and can't own guns.Most of the World doesn't have the American orgasm over gun ownership.It's not up to you to tell Australia who they should and shouldn't allow to own guns and what guns are allowed.Australian gun laws seem pretty darn good to me. If you are a target shooter or hunter or need to use a firearm as a tool as a rancher you can get an appropriate weapon.
never said it was up to me, I said it was up too them.And the rest of the world sucks :)What happens if an aboriginal branch of the Hell's Angels show up at his restaurant?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_AustraliaLess than 5% of Australians have guns. It looks like their gun laws are very restrictive and to get a gun license you have to have a valid reason and self defense is not a valid reason.They also have very little gun crime.
I bet you think the bolded parts are linked, commie.
No, it's up to Australian society to decide who can and can't own guns.
Right. And we are talking about Personal Freedoms and countries with the least intrusive governments. You may not like guns or think it is reasonable for a Government to disallow their populace ownership, but that is certainly an intrusive and controlling Government action.
What happens if an aboriginal branch of the Hell's Angels show up at his restaurant?
They're probably not armed so he can do a number of things. In your preferred world, they are 100% going to be armed and now hes outgunned 20 armed experienced criminals to him and his one gun.
They're probably not armed so he can do a number of things. In your preferred world, they are 100% going to be armed and now hes outgunned 20 armed experienced criminals to him and his one gun.
you do realize that was a joke, right?
Right. And we are talking about Personal Freedoms and countries with the least intrusive governments. You may not like guns or think it is reasonable for a Government to disallow their populace ownership, but that is certainly an intrusive and controlling Government action.
Other than failed lawless states the US is about the only country that views gun ownership as a personal freedom. Even Switzerland where most males have their military rifle stored at home has restrictions on how guns can be bought, transported etc.The US can have whatever gun culture they want but you should realize that the American attitude towards guns is pretty unique in the World.
Other than failed lawless states the US is about the only country that views gun ownership as a personal freedom. Even Switzerland where most males have their military rifle stored at home has restrictions on how guns can be bought, transported etc.The US can have whatever gun culture they want but you should realize that the American attitude towards guns is pretty unique in the World.
And we are the best country in the world.You think those two things aren't related?
So you're saying Stewart doesn't hate Conservatives and NPR welcomes a broad range of views?
Yes and no. I don't think Jon Stewart hates conservatives. He hates hypocrisy and stupidity. He spent Tuesday night's episode tearing apart Charlie Rangel. I am sure Fox News often goes after conservatives with such vigor.NPR does not welcome a broad range of views but neither does Fox News so if NPR are Nazis so are Fox News. More importantly, just throwing around Nazi so casually is so f-ing stupid and wrong.
Yes and no. I don't think Jon Stewart hates conservatives. He hates hypocrisy and stupidity. He spent Tuesday night's episode tearing apart Charlie Rangel. I am sure Fox News often goes after conservatives with such vigor.
Oh yeah, and then there's that part where the Daily Show is, intentionally, a comedy show so it has no obligation whatsoever to be objective, whereas fox news is, unintentionally, a comedy network, precisely because they should be producing objective news journalism but clearly don't.
Aboriginal Hell's Angels wasn't a clue :club:
i believe the correct word is 'abodiginals'.

It must be just me, but I don't see John Stewart as blatantly partisan. I rarely watch him anymore, but he tends to take shots at anyone who is being an idiot, including Obama.There is no question he is liberal, but I don't think he is like CaneBrain liberal.

It must be just me, but I don't see John Stewart as blatantly partisan. I rarely watch him anymore, but he tends to take shots at anyone who is being an idiot, including Obama.There is no question he is liberal, but I don't think he is like CaneBrain liberal.
It's not just you, that is the reality.Am I really the standard bearer for liberals on here? Man, this place tilts so hard to the right if that is true. I didn't even support Obamacare. I probably just got leveled by Guapo.
It's not just you, that is the reality.Am I really the standard bearer for liberals on here? Man, this place tilts so hard to the right if that is true. I didn't even support Obamacare. I probably just got leveled by Guapo.
i'm a goddam trader and i'm like noam f chomsky over here
The guy who runs Fox News:http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2010/...t-crazy/?hpt=T2Jon Stewart hates conservatives and loves polarization and NPR is "of course, Nazis."What a clown.
Ailes has always been a hate-mongering racist scumbag that has the moral ethics of a two bit hooker. He ran GBush1 campaign and overcame a huge deficit by running slander ads targeting the older white male population.
It's a comedy channel vs what is a supposed to be a news channel. Fox is the Al Jazeera of the US.
Standard bearer? one of them for sure but you have company, you don't consider yourself center do you? reason i say that is on all things financial i am ultra right and will continue to be there...because it is smart and the right way to live and or run a country, home or business. as far at the social issues i try to stay in the middle and live and let live. I don't recall an issues where you weren't on the left side of things.