Admittedly I don't, but that wasn't my main point. Even if Custer was the most awesome General ever and everybody thought he was right on the money with his battle at Little Bighorn, none of that should change how we regard Chief Sitting Bull.

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tom Friedman talks about Obama's $200 Million a day trip, and about the news in general:http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/17/opinion/17friedman.html?hp
I was watching CNN when Cooper interviewed Bachmann and she is the absolute worst example of a lying piece of shit ideologue who is a total moron who can only spout platitudes and talking points and if an original complex thought ever entered her head I'm sure it would explode.Either that or she's a genius and knows exactly what to say to deceive the unwashed uneducated public and doesn't care whether it's true or not as long as it advances her agenda.

This is one where I just wanted to tear my hair out with people on my side.$200 mil a day is so far fetched that nobody who thought more than two minuets about it would have realized that that's close to impossible.What's sad is we throw out such big numbers when talking about federal spending that at first glance 200 mil sounds so small.

Tom Friedman talks about Obama's $200 Million a day trip, and about the news in general:http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/17/opinion/17friedman.html?hp
Sarah Palin Playbook:Say whatever as long as it sounds good. Facts and actual figures are irrelevant. If you get called out on it, retreat behind facebook and twitter and blast the lamestream media. Emerge a few days later in the spotlight again, wink, say another lie. Perhaps, make a play on the words hope and change. Rinse and repeat.
Sarah Palin Playbook:Say whatever as long as it sounds good. Facts and actual figures are irrelevant. If you get called out on it, retreat behind facebook and twitter and blast the lamestream media. Emerge a few days later in the spotlight again, wink, say another lie. Perhaps, make a play on the words hope and change. Rinse and repeat.
'cause she invented that game.
If some moderate independent runs in 2012 and siphons votes from Obama, paving the way for Paling to become president I am moving to Brazil or Spain and never coming back.
If some moderate independent runs in 2012 and siphons votes from Obama, paving the way for Paling to become president I am moving to Brazil or Spain and never coming back.
Because she would ruin the country or because you couldn't stand being around so many stupid people? I guess it would have to be the first one because in your hypothetical the number of stupid people didn't increase, it was just a product of the smart people having their votes split.What if the law was changed and there were no term limits for President and Bill Clinton was President again? Would you come back then?
Why is it that liberals always promise to leave if so and so gets elected and they never do?Its false advertising if you ask me.
lol, I saw so much video after McCain lost about conservatives who wanted to leave the country. It's a standard response. The only thing is....it makes sense if liberals say it (because most other first world countries are more left than America). There was this great clip of a conservative complaining about government healthcare.....and then he says maybe I will just have to go to Canada or Spain. hah. Sucks for conservatives, there is no default first world option for conservatives to go to.
Because she would ruin the country or because you couldn't stand being around so many stupid people? I guess it would have to be the first one because in your hypothetical the number of stupid people didn't increase, it was just a product of the smart people having their votes split.What if the law was changed and there were no term limits for President and Bill Clinton was President again? Would you come back then?
If she were ugly she wouldn't be allowed within 5 personnel spots of manager at her local Wal-Mart.And yes, I would vote for slick Willy in a cocaine heartbeat.
lol, I saw so much video after McCain lost about conservatives who wanted to leave the country. It's a standard response. The only thing is....it makes sense if liberals say it (because most other first world countries are more left than America). There was this great clip of a conservative complaining about government healthcare.....and then he says maybe I will just have to go to Canada or Spain. hah. Sucks for conservatives, there is no default first world option for conservatives to go to.
Australia but it is not exactly close to home for a visit. They have virtually no problem with imigrants, have nice golf courses, have plenty of beaches...they are more conservative then we are...damn if only Canada was like that!!
Australia but it is not exactly close to home for a visit. They have virtually no problem with imigrants, have nice golf courses, have plenty of beaches...they are more conservative then we are...damn if only Canada was like that!!
Guns?

For people who are looking at maximum net economic freedom, here's a good start..Then you have to decide how much social freedoms are worth to you, or is certain economic freedoms are worth more than others. I think New Zealand sounds the most promising. There are too many stories out of Australia where the government is just f-ing insane micromanaging people's lives and decisions. They seem to be a lot like England in that regard.

For people who are looking at maximum net economic freedom, here's a good start..Then you have to decide how much social freedoms are worth to you, or is certain economic freedoms are worth more than others. I think New Zealand sounds the most promising. There are too many stories out of Australia where the government is just f-ing insane micromanaging people's lives and decisions. They seem to be a lot like England in that regard.
It is really cold in NZ though.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_AustraliaLess than 5% of Australians have guns. It looks like their gun laws are very restrictive and to get a gun license you have to have a valid reason and self defense is not a valid reason.They also have very little gun crime.
see it is perfect...i don't even own a gun...i don't care about shotting others i just figure i would miss the guy 6 times and really piss them off!!
The only thing I know about New Zealand is they play some kick ass fast-pitch softball.

reading the article, it's kind of tough to believe australia isn't more lax on guns. I mean, I know they're a very progressive country, but a bunch of the population still lives a lifestyle that would necessitate gun ownership. certainly more than 5%.

reading the article, it's kind of tough to believe australia isn't more lax on guns. I mean, I know they're a very progressive country, but a bunch of the population still lives a lifestyle that would necessitate gun ownership. certainly more than 5%.
You would think that Australia since it has so much open space would have a large rural population and that would be wrong.I did a search on this website. http://esa.un.org/unup/2010 Rural Population PercentageCanada - 19.4%United States - 17.7%Australia - 10.9%
You would think that Australia since it has so much open space would have a large rural population and that would be wrong.I did a search on this website. http://esa.un.org/unup/2010 Rural Population PercentageCanada - 19.4%United States - 17.7%Australia - 10.9%
A lot of Australia is unusable. desert_and_grassland_map_of_australia.png