Random Basketball Observations

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

can't you go five minutes without putting black people down?

Jeff Stotts ‏@RotowireATC Hear me out. Mavs sign Seth Curry, Jason Thompson, & Gerald Green. Then roll out a lineup of Curry, Thompson, Green, Barnes, & Bogut.

have to love JR Smith   J.R. Smith apparently drives a $450,000 armored truck around New York City now    

what are we thinking about Durant? if he joins the warriors i mean you can just cancel next season, but i'm kind of wondering if he doesn't do the smart thing and sign with the spurs. that would be awesome for rivalry.

Why would they get him? They don't need him. Did they already forget what happened when the Heat and Cavs tried to put too many big names on the same team?

Didn't the Heat make it to the NBA finals literally every year that team was together?

Edit: didn't the Cavs as well?

yes, yes they did.

the interesting thing out there today is this carmelo trade. Melo to the Cavs, K Love to Celts, and the brooklyn picks to NYK. that would be interesting, if nothing else, and for that reason i hope it happens. but it's gotta be a long shot.

I stay rooting for big transactions, just for entertainment. Melo has a no-trade clause, though, and has stated he's "not going anywhere" as recently as today. So I think he is being a party pooper on this one.

Didn't the Heat make it to the NBA finals literally every year that team was together?

Edit: didn't the Cavs as well?

Lebron has been to 4 with the Heat (won 2), and 2 with the Cavs (won 0).

These "super teams" can definitely make it to the Finals, but I think it's more due to the fact that the East has been so weak in recent years.

Lebron has been to 4 with the Heat (won 2), and 2 with the Cavs (won 0).

These "super teams" can definitely make it to the Finals, but I think it's more due to the fact that the East has been so weak in recent years.

1) The first team lebron made it to the finals wasn't a super team. It was pretty much the opposite, other than any team Lebron's on is super. 2) The team he brought to the finals last year isn't what I'd call a super team either, and neither Irving nor Love played a minute in the finals, so I don't think Cleveland is really relevant in this discussion.

I think Cleveland did make a mistake in giving up too much to pick up a player in Love that they don't use well at all. But, KD isn't Love and the warriors aren't cleveland. I'm sure the warriors can figure out a way to use KD effectively. And the Warriors wouldn't have to give up anything close to as meaningful as Wiggins, to get KD.

So What did Miami learn about getting a super team? Winning two chips and four finals appearances? That's bad? You think they'd have done better without lebron and bosh and just doing it the right way through the draft? of course not.

KD would make the warriors better. It's not a matter of do they NEED him.. is would he make them better, and he would unquestionably make them better. The only reason you don't do it, is out of some abstract fear about messing up the chemistry or something. That, as my man Dan Lebatard said, is just superstition.

I would prefer KD go to the Spurs so we cans have two all time great teams. I wanna see that series.

I think that would tip the balance to the spurs favor. I can't see that happening, though. I think he'd stay in OKC. Stick with the dustbowl town that you know.

• 1 month later...

Looked over tonight's schedule and saw something funny

76ers 9-64

GS 65-7

This has to be the latest matchup in a season where one team has single digit wins, and the other single digit losses

Looked over tonight's schedule and saw something funny

76ers 9-64

GS 65-7

This has to be the latest matchup in a season where one team has single digit wins, and the other single digit losses

That reminded me of the expansion Raptors beating a Championship Bulls team that was 60-7 twenty years ago but the Raptors were 17-49.

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/2016/03/24/tbt-20-years-ago-today-the-raptors-upset-the-72-10-bulls/